Alistair Campbell Interview

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Alistair Campbell Interview

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:15 am
Ok let me put it this way. You are fighting a losing battle. A battle you can't win online or by petitions or writing to the ICC. It is obviously their fault but you cant change it, personally I don't stress about things I can't change. I live in the present and care about the future. As long as they can't steal now then I personally don't care if they are there or not. That's how I look at it. If you want to moan about it all day then that's up to you because at the end of the day there is no saviour here.

If you ask me how I think you can remove then I can give my opinion. That's a conversation I am willing to have
You and I both know that evidence has been provided and it has also been dismissed by just laughing it off.

What baffles me is that in one post you will say, it is not their fault, then turn around and say it is obviously their fault. So which one is it? Can you understand then why it comes across as though you back the board, not sympathise, but back them.

But let's have the discussion. How do you effect change?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:48 am
This Frank Mawoza guy, there’s a rumour that it’s actually the MD in a ghost account? Does this have any truth to it..?
Is he not a real person?

He has a Profile pick on his account, or is that just some random face?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:20 am
jaybro wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:10 pm
TapsC wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:42 pm
Like I had said 1- it's not ZCs fault this time that the games were cancelled.
2- the ICC is suffocating them( request for PWC audit report before funding)

So how exactly are they stealing money in such conditions? I'm talking about today's board led by Mukuhlani not Chingokas board from half a decade ago. If Makoni is on 37k a month like jaybro said just know the ICC is fully aware that's how much he earns. So who exactly are you guys fighting?

The damage has been done now they’re dealing with the consequences, they’ve been in charge for a long time, if they’d done a better job prior they wouldn’t be in this mess.

The admin wages were leaked on Twitter mate everyone saw it

The ICC proved that they don’t care (or there’s something else going on behind the scenes) when they ignored the concerns of SRC and back the Mukuhlani board.

From what I’ve heard the ICC have turned a blind eye numerous times, they’re never coming to save Zimbabwe
I wish they published AC's wages and benefits and requests when he was in the mix.
Do you know what they were??

Some people indicate that AC is as bad as the rest but I’m get to see any proof, all I know is that when ever AC is involved there’s plenty of cricket and sponsorships.

We’ve seen the wages of the current admin staff, quite handsome salaries for modest work.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Makoni is normally pretty happy to go after people on social media under his own name, not sure why he would come up with a pseudynom.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:40 am
TapsC wrote:
jaybro wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:10 pm

The damage has been done now they’re dealing with the consequences, they’ve been in charge for a long time, if they’d done a better job prior they wouldn’t be in this mess.

The admin wages were leaked on Twitter mate everyone saw it

The ICC proved that they don’t care (or there’s something else going on behind the scenes) when they ignored the concerns of SRC and back the Mukuhlani board.

From what I’ve heard the ICC have turned a blind eye numerous times, they’re never coming to save Zimbabwe
I wish they published AC's wages and benefits and requests when he was in the mix.

Some people indicate that AC is as bad as the rest but I’m get to see any proof, all I know is that when ever AC is involved there’s plenty of cricket and sponsorships.

We’ve seen the wages of the current admin staff, quite handsome salaries for modest work.
Let me put it this way. AC is smart enough to know where the money is e.g. the broadcasting rights. Look at how TSM got into Zim. When his brand was sponsoring Zim cricket do you think they were paying the full price? A few years back it cost between 80k and 300k to sponsor ZC. You really think he paid that? Requests for ZC to pay school fees. There is a lot of things that need to be investigated. Do I have paperwork? No but it's the same with Mukuhlani. Nobody has produced paperwork. We just know where people should look. It's one of the things I hate. Why do people demand evidence for AC but condemn others with no evidence

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:14 pm
TapsC wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:15 am
Ok let me put it this way. You are fighting a losing battle. A battle you can't win online or by petitions or writing to the ICC. It is obviously their fault but you cant change it, personally I don't stress about things I can't change. I live in the present and care about the future. As long as they can't steal now then I personally don't care if they are there or not. That's how I look at it. If you want to moan about it all day then that's up to you because at the end of the day there is no saviour here.

If you ask me how I think you can remove then I can give my opinion. That's a conversation I am willing to have
You and I both know that evidence has been provided and it has also been dismissed by just laughing it off.

What baffles me is that in one post you will say, it is not their fault, then turn around and say it is obviously their fault. So which one is it? Can you understand then why it comes across as though you back the board, not sympathise, but back them.

But let's have the discussion. How do you effect change?
Let me put it this way. I don't believe everything is their fault like you do. There are places I think they did ok. I don't see the likes of Chingoka sacrificing to bring back Jarvis and Taylor for that kind of money or hosting the qualifier (unlike the world cup the qualifier didn't bring much money in). I don't know if they would have pulled off the ZAMCO deal. They fired Esther Lupepe who has hands were dirty. The level of incompetence between 2005 and 2014 was shocking. It could have been far worse. That's how I look at it.

Change will come by understanding the election process, who votes and what they want. You will remember Mukuhlani pulled off a spectacular coup to get there in the first with his challenge only coming in the morning and catching Manase off guard. If you want change you first have to identify a board member who can be a transitional proxy. Identify more board members who you can turn. A lot of them don't care much about who is in charge.

Rainsford would have been the perfect inside man but he acted without thinking it through. It doesn't matter who the chairman is. Most board chairmen are not cricket people. What you need
Is a competent MD and FD and coaching staff. So a proxy chairman can work.

Nobody seems to want to challenge them outright so I guess it can only be from the inside.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:27 am
jaybro wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:40 am
TapsC wrote:

Let me put it this way. AC is smart enough to know where the money is e.g. the broadcasting rights. Look at how TSM got into Zim. When his brand was sponsoring Zim cricket do you think they were paying the full price? A few years back it cost between 80k and 300k to sponsor ZC. You really think he paid that? Requests for ZC to pay school fees. There is a lot of things that need to be investigated. Do I have paperwork? No but it's the same with Mukuhlani. Nobody has produced paperwork. We just know where people should look. It's one of the things I hate. Why do people demand evidence for AC but condemn others with no evidence
IIRC correctly didn’t Brickhill & Holme produce a report of sorts with proof a while back? I’m pretty sure they even came on the forum to explain it?

I don’t claim to be ITK (in the know) but I’ve been told things that make me confident when I say these guys who have been running the game are crook, I don’t expect you to believe it because I told you so but I’m confident.

I’m not saying AC is definitely clean but no one has any proof to say otherwise, your statement about is our mud slinging, throw mud at the wall and hope it sticks

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Show me the report that proves Mukuhlani himself personally stole. I want to see it. The internet doesnt forget

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Can you even name all the board members? Can you also tell me exactly what they stole. If we are going to keep those high standards of proof for AC. Let's do it for everybody.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I can tell you now that Katundu did not pay the correct price for marketing. I don't work there so obviously I don't have the paperwork but this I know.