Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Post by TapsC »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:07 pm
Sorry to repost but is it turning much??
Not really just yet but there is definitely more turn than in the 1st test.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Thanks Taps

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

ell done gents, fantastic days play. Good that the engine room of the team really delivered today.
In Kazuza it looks like we may have potentially found a decent little opener. I don't think Prince has the range of shots, even when the ball gets softer he looks to struggle to get it through the infield; i'll gladly be proved wrong.

Embuldaniya (spelling) looks bang average. I talked him up in the last test about how he'd got a fiver against SA in SA, but he doesn't do a lot with it. Well done to Sean on his second test ton whilst being ill.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Good to see Williams, Taylor, and Raza doing well. You know who sent me a message on twitter saying all three should be dropped. Just as well he isn't a selector!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Much better first day. Would have liked to have been maybe 4 or 5 down at best, but with Donald still to come, you would hope we could push past 400 at least.

I think the doubts over Williams and Raza can be well put to bed now and hopefully it stops.

Kevin has work to do. For the balls face I would have hoped for at least 10 more runs from him. A lot for him to work on and improve on. I think opening has always been a problem area for us and we can't be too reliant on the middle order to save us.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:10 pm
Good to see Williams, Taylor, and Raza doing well. You know who sent me a message on twitter saying all three should be dropped. Just as well he isn't a selector!
What’s his twitter name?

Donald

Post by Donald »

Frank mawoza bemoaning taylors 62 runs and saying he needs a big second innings knock to get on the plane to bangladesh :lol: :lol:

This guy is a first class joke

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Great first day again for Zimbabwe although contrasting from the 1st Test I feel both days were won by Zimbabwe, the 6 wickets down is a bit disappointing as Raza and Williams gave it away, things would be a lot better if they were both still there, they need 500 IMO.

I'm not against slow run-rate or fast run-rate I'm ok with either as long as you do it well, the difference in this match is that BT, Williams & Raza did well, if they had done so in the 1st match Zimbabwe wouldn't have lost. Endless argument this one.

The pitch looks better for batting as the ball is coming on and the outfield is much quicker, I have grave concerns for the bowling, Mumba probably has 2 0r 3 good spells in him max, whilst our lead bowler averages 50 with the ball. Unless it starts turning big time and Raza can have a day out Sri Lanka might score 600.

That's why getting to 500 is so key, even if the pitch is still good the scoreboard pressure will help the bowling team.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

5000 I don’t think is realistic unless we see a Regis Masterclass.
450 is probably a more realistic, yet still ambitious goal. It will probably mean these guys get another 50 at least between them before a wicket falls.

Don is a fighter but not so much a run scorer. Good padding for someone like Regis or Tino to tick over.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:59 pm
5000 I don’t think is realistic unless we see a Regis Masterclass.
450 is probably a more realistic, yet still ambitious goal. It will probably mean these guys get another 50 at least between them before a wicket falls.

Don is a fighter but not so much a run scorer. Good padding for someone like Regis or Tino to tick over.
If they're bowled out for 450 at lunch they will lose this Test match 100% (unless rain saves them)
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement