Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly
Posts: 5970
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Post by Googly » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:00 pm

Read Sean Bell’s tweet. He started on 3k and had two 30% cuts. That was a long time ago. Maybe ZC can get the players to pay them if they want to play cricket? Now there’s an idea.

sloandog
Posts: 7442
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Post by sloandog » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:27 pm

Time for Blignaut to dust off the old bowling boots..

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4288
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Post by ZIMDOGGY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:35 pm

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:27 pm
Time for Blignaut to dust off the old bowling boots..
Rumours are he may make a comeback early April
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jward
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:00 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Post by jward » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:21 pm

Donald wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:43 pm
How much of a pay cut though. 10% 30%?
I was told we were ALL getting our salaries HALVED. Mine will now be unlivable (it's two months in arrears anyway), especially as I am only to be employed part-time.

Googly
Posts: 5970
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Post by Googly » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:21 pm

He’s about to leave, or has left, I believe going to live in Durban.

Googly
Posts: 5970
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Post by Googly » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:25 pm

jward wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:21 pm
Donald wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:43 pm
How much of a pay cut though. 10% 30%?
I was told we were ALL getting our salaries HALVED. Mine will now be unlivable (it's two months in arrears anyway), especially as I am only to be employed part-time.

I’m sorry to hear that.
There’s trouble looming with players and staff, I can almost guarantee.

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 8119
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Post by jaybro » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:45 pm

Why are we presuming BT & KJ are still on these special deals??

October 2017 they came back that’s 2.5 years ago they signed those deals, how long were these deals for??
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4288
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Post by ZIMDOGGY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:58 pm

jaybro wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:45 pm
Why are we presuming BT & KJ are still on these special deals??

October 2017 they came back that’s 2.5 years ago they signed those deals, how long were these deals for??
4 years,
But I believe there’s some clause at the 3 years mark. Someone here was talking about it the other day.
One of the bazillion usernames with zim in them.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 8119
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Post by jaybro » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:37 am

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:58 pm
jaybro wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:45 pm
Why are we presuming BT & KJ are still on these special deals??

October 2017 they came back that’s 2.5 years ago they signed those deals, how long were these deals for??
4 years,
But I believe there’s some clause at the 3 years mark. Someone here was talking about it the other day.
One of the bazillion usernames with zim in them.
Oh I see

smart boys got themselves nice deals

Feel for the rest of the guys
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4395
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 2020 | 2nd Test | Harare

Post by Kriterion_BD » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:17 am

Looks like BD-ZIM series may well be cancelled due to a player strike.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: foreignfield and 7 guests