Frank Mawoza

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by sloandog »

So, Frank Mawoza..

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:54 pm
So, Frank Mawoza..
Got too much attention anyway :lol:

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I think we can all agree that universal health care does not mean 100% free for everything. I use the term universal because it better represents the idea.

Things like a doctor, ambulance, life threatening surgery or operation, giving birth...all those things should really be covered by the state and medication should be subsidised to a degree.

When you talk about junkies, it all comes down to how junkies are treated. The system has to be able to help those in that situation so they do not become reliant on the system and leech off the healthcare. However, by not helping them, you are just creating more and more communities that become susceptible to things like crime and economic downturn. You need to be fixing the problem at the root cause as well as implementing other programmes. It's a long winded idea, but Portugal does well by not criminalising it.

My view is that Trump is not for the common man. He says he is, but is not. He has proven to have lied constantly and not kept many of this promises. There is no significant evidence to show that people as a whole are better off. The US debt has actually risen under him when he promised to fix it. Many of his views and tactics are akin to a Nazi system and most, if not all, of those who benefit from him being in power are the rich and wealthy. The 1% establishment. He has brought the world to the brink of war and acts without remorse. He has repealed laws and acts that are damaging to the world and his view on climate change is destructive.

If you really were against the establishment, you would want to vote for Bernie. That man is pure anti-establishment. He wont get in to power and at the end of the day, it's up to the Americans to decide which idiot they wish to have lead them, but he would be the definition of anti-establishment.

Scandinavia appeals because the wealth should not be kept between the 1%. I think that is the idea we can't forget.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Don’t forget that other US presidents actually had wars and left countries in tatters. I’m not saying there won’t be one, but you can’t say he brought the world to the brink of war if nothing has actually happened. The world is permanently on the brink of war anyway. Absolutely he’s a liar, but he appears to have lied less than the other US presidents.
Bernie is basically a communist.

I’m fascinated by people who get tipped over the edge by Trump. I can’t actually listen to him speak, I find it so cringeworthy, but he’s done well for America. In his first term in office his increase of their debt was less than under Obama, but that’s an inconvenient truth.

As I’ve watched this impeachment process unfold I’ve found myself absolutely rooting for the Republicans. Not only that, they need to get all Third World on some of these Democrats. They’ve got nothing, their sole purpose is to try and prevent Trump being re-elected by any means possible because the election is around the corner and they don’t have a candidate. They’re praying that the longer they drag this out the more chance something drops in their laps.
I think it’s going to backfire and he’ll end up with a majority in both houses after he wins a second term.

I genuinely want to see some gun toting red necks have a head on collision with these loony lefts, like running street battles and major CNN and placard wielding unemployed transgender casualties, swathes of these mainstream media guys run over in monster trucks by fat moustached guys with bandannas and MAGA hats.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If America thinks it’s got problems this is what we deal with-
https://www.cite.org.zw/war-vets-make-new-demands/

It’s worth reading.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Mukhulani/Mawoza/Makoni have gone from calling BT a fat disinterested chump with the possibility of not being allowed on the Bang Bus to champ in the space of one day :lol: but urging him not to clout all the 4 balls because that’s not test cricket. God help us all.
Did anyone see him reverse? I didn’t see one, I hope he’s put that shot away, he does it well, but it gets him out as well.

Looks like PJ is no Moor for the tour after a pair. That deck was clearly a minefield that probably guaranteed his exclusion and Chris’s ticket.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:15 am
Did anyone see him reverse? I didn’t see one, I hope he’s put that shot away, he does it well, but it gets him out as well.
Yep, he reverse swept two boundaries in the first over he faced from Embuldenya yesterday, I think. They immediately brought on a second seamer after that.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:22 am
Don’t forget that other US presidents actually had wars and left countries in tatters. I’m not saying there won’t be one, but you can’t say he brought the world to the brink of war if nothing has actually happened. The world is permanently on the brink of war anyway. Absolutely he’s a liar, but he appears to have lied less than the other US presidents.

I’m fascinated by people who get tipped over the edge by Trump. I can’t actually listen to him speak, I find it so cringeworthy, but he’s done well for America. In his first term in office his increase of their debt was less than under Obama, but that’s an inconvenient truth.

As I’ve watched this impeachment process unfold I’ve found myself absolutely rooting for the Republicans. Not only that, they need to get all Third World on some of these Democrats. They’ve got nothing, their sole purpose is to try and prevent Trump being re-elected by any means possible because the election is around the corner and they don’t have a candidate. They’re praying that the longer they drag this out the more chance something drops in their laps.
I think it’s going to backfire and he’ll end up with a majority in both houses after he wins a second term.

I genuinely want to see some gun toting red necks have a head on collision with these loony lefts, like running street battles and major CNN and placard wielding unemployed transgender casualties, swathes of these mainstream media guys run over in monster trucks by fat moustached guys with bandannas and MAGA hats.
Well, his actions, words and rhetoric have actively impacted on certain individuals, my family among them.US citizens for generations and through birth have been targeted by right wing groups and immigration purely based on their skin colour and beliefs. That's just of my family. Outside of that, I see it all the time how people have been treated through my line of work and through people I know. The detention centres are quite abhorrent without going too much in to them.

He has also tweeted false information that has led to hate crimes and civil disobedience. It's fine to not agree with ones political policy, it's not fine to attack and dehumanise individuals for your political gain. I'm not saying other presidents are better or worse. I'm saying Trump is terrible. The evidence is quite clear in regards to the impeachment process. Even without the Ukraine issue, there are many other things for which an Impeachment could have happened. I guess it is the world we live in now. A world of hate crimes and terrifying patriotism.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:56 am
Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:22 am

Well, his actions, words and rhetoric have actively impacted on certain individuals, my family among them.US citizens for generations and through birth have been targeted by right wing groups and immigration purely based on their skin colour and beliefs. That's just of my family. Outside of that, I see it all the time how people have been treated through my line of work and through people I know. The detention centres are quite abhorrent without going too much in to them.

He has also tweeted false information that has led to hate crimes and civil disobedience. It's fine to not agree with ones political policy, it's not fine to attack and dehumanise individuals for your political gain. I'm not saying other presidents are better or worse. I'm saying Trump is terrible. The evidence is quite clear in regards to the impeachment process. Even without the Ukraine issue, there are many other things for which an Impeachment could have happened. I guess it is the world we live in now. A world of hate crimes and terrifying patriotism.
Remember most of those ‘hate crimes’ were faked to get sympathy or attention. The Jussie case was a high profile one but a lot of smaller ones were forgotten.

And what’s Trump really done that’s racist?
He’s pointed out that the cartel smuggled drugs and peopel through Mexico and that wanted Mexican criminals flee to avoid capture and start fresh.

If Obama has said that, it would be considered common sense.

He’s also literally had the least deaths of presidents in the last 30 years. Middle East has been stable as it ever has been in a long time.
Obama May have been the first Muslim president, but that was only through birth. Trump is the first MUSLIM president through his actions.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I remember after Trump's election a number of black churches were torched and Jewish centers were receiving threats. I don't think a single one ended up being from a Trump supporter - they were all from people wetting the bed over Trump's victory. The Jussie Smollett case is one of the best examples of when demand for racism outstrips the supply.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes