Frank Mawoza

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly
Posts: 5970
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by Googly » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:34 pm

Zimbo that’s not entirely accurate what you’re saying. The loony left have been going doolally about him and running amok. You said yourself that stuff has been going on for generations, but now it’s Trump’s fault?
The left are far more militant in my opinion.
Those detention centers have improved under his watch, not gotten worse, that I’ve actually been following. Treatment of illegal immigrants under Clinton and Obama was worse. CNN are full of shit. Immigration was denied extra funding by the Democrats, not the Republicans.
There’s a lot of misinformation by the media.
I’m sorry for any hardships that your family have endured though.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4289
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by ZIMDOGGY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:45 pm

I don’t understand why media lies. What’s the agenda?
That’s why I can’t accept trump is any way establishment. Only Fox is some towel behind him, and that’s because Tucker Carlson is very clever.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly
Posts: 5970
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by Googly » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:20 pm

It begs the question how long mainstream media have been bullshitting for, my guess is decades.
It’s taken the Orange Guinea Pig for them to throw caution to the wind and really expose themselves. The British press are probably worse. They have had a similar crisis with Brexit, Farage and Johnson. I’m convinced some of these journos have rabies. My worst in the UK is that Kate Burley. I have to go for calming walks after I listen to her. She has to be a lesbian, nobody would listen to that of their own free will after hours.

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1490
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by zimbos_05 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:10 pm

Firstly, I don't watch CNN, so no idea why you keep bringing that up as my source especially since I've never mentioned them. Fox is fake news times infinity. I've worked in media, I've seen the back of it, I've studied it, I've understood it, I'm qualified in it...

In Australia we have an issue where the majority of the media is Rupert Murdoch owned. They blatantly push the Liberal agenda and will lie to do so. Politicians on boths sides of the divide lie about things, but you cannot claim the media is left wing biased in any way when the majority of world media in US, UK, and Aus is owned by a right wing fanatical bastard who pushes their agenda through false information, lies, inaccuracies, and in the case of Australia, has created a society that regresses and destroys itself.

I'm not saying that Trump is at fault for everything, I'm saying he is bad. He is not a leader the world needs and he is creating more problems than solving them. He has not handled the Israel-Palestine conflict well and has instead made it worse for Palestinians. The Middle East is no better off under his command than any previous regime.

@eugene all of the extremist attacks on US soil in 2018 had right wing links. Right wing terrorists have killed more people on US soil than "jihadi terrorism" since 9/11 according to data collected by New America Research.

@Zimdoggy. That is extremely insensitive. How can you say Trump is the first Muslim president through is actions. That is demonising to a whole religion who Trump has said bigoted things and lied about, and has also incited hatred against. Also, if you still believe Obama is a Muslim, then it proves you can't be reasoned with facts. He was baptised at the United Church of Christ, and has been a practicing Christian ever since.
In a 2017 survey, researchers randomly exposed some respondents to racist comments by the president, such as:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems… They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
Other respondents were exposed to a statement by Hillary Clinton condemning prejudiced Trump supporters. Later in the study, the respondents were asked their opinion of various groups, including Mexican people, black people, and young people. Those who had read Trump’s words were more likely to write derogatory things not only about Mexican people, but also about other groups as well.

User avatar
eugene
Posts: 6771
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:31 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by eugene » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:26 pm

The USA media is almost entirely left leaning at best. FOX is abou the only mainstream news outlet that isn't. Trump is not ideal but the lesser evil won when compared to Hillary. She must surely be the most entitled person to ever walk the earth. She is still going on tv blaming everyone for getting schlonged by Trump. Bernie seems to be her latest target.

Trump is a human wall against the madness of the left. Obama wouldn't even get a look in with the Democratic Party of today.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4289
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by ZIMDOGGY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:36 pm

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:10 pm
Firstly, I don't watch CNN, so no idea why you keep bringing that up as my source especially since I've never mentioned them. Fox is fake news times infinity. I've worked in media, I've seen the back of it, I've studied it, I've understood it, I'm qualified in it...

In Australia we have an issue where the majority of the media is Rupert Murdoch owned. They blatantly push the Liberal agenda and will lie to do so. Politicians on boths sides of the divide lie about things, but you cannot claim the media is left wing biased in any way when the majority of world media in US, UK, and Aus is owned by a right wing fanatical bastard who pushes their agenda through false information, lies, inaccuracies, and in the case of Australia, has created a society that regresses and destroys itself.

I'm not saying that Trump is at fault for everything, I'm saying he is bad. He is not a leader the world needs and he is creating more problems than solving them. He has not handled the Israel-Palestine conflict well and has instead made it worse for Palestinians. The Middle East is no better off under his command than any previous regime.

@eugene all of the extremist attacks on US soil in 2018 had right wing links. Right wing terrorists have killed more people on US soil than "jihadi terrorism" since 9/11 according to data collected by New America Research.

@Zimdoggy. That is extremely insensitive. How can you say Trump is the first Muslim president through is actions. That is demonising to a whole religion who Trump has said bigoted things and lied about, and has also incited hatred against. Also, if you still believe Obama is a Muslim, then it proves you can't be reasoned with facts. He was baptised at the United Church of Christ, and has been a practicing Christian ever since.
In a 2017 survey, researchers randomly exposed some respondents to racist comments by the president, such as:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems… They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
Other respondents were exposed to a statement by Hillary Clinton condemning prejudiced Trump supporters. Later in the study, the respondents were asked their opinion of various groups, including Mexican people, black people, and young people. Those who had read Trump’s words were more likely to write derogatory things not only about Mexican people, but also about other groups as well.
Firstly, I was joking about the Obama and Trump being Muslim thing. I’m simply making a point that Trumps body count in the Middle East is the lowest.

Secondly. I’m really glad you added that Mexican comment. This is perfect anti trump propaganda.

Look at the bit I bolded. It’s written as if he said ‘they’re/ they are’ rapists.

Now read it again with ‘their’ instead and you’ll see it’s proper context.

He’s saying Mexico doesn’t send it’s best people across the border. The people who are coming ARE criminals and their (Mexico’s) rapists.

It’s literally a common sense point.

Imagine if you raped some peasant girl and the cops were after you in mexico.
Would you not cross the border to avoid detection? Mexican police aren’t looking for their rapists in Kansas City. No jurisdiction. Crossing that border is like John Wick going to the continental.

It was just common sense that’s been jazzed ip in left wing propaganda.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1490
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by zimbos_05 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:50 am

eugene wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:26 pm
The USA media is almost entirely left leaning at best. FOX is abou the only mainstream news outlet that isn't. Trump is not ideal but the lesser evil won when compared to Hillary. She must surely be the most entitled person to ever walk the earth. She is still going on tv blaming everyone for getting schlonged by Trump. Bernie seems to be her latest target.

Trump is a human wall against the madness of the left. Obama wouldn't even get a look in with the Democratic Party of today.
Whilst it may seem that way or the narrative is perpetuated that most media is left wing, I guarantee you it is not as left wing as perceived.

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:36 pm
Firstly, I was joking about the Obama and Trump being Muslim thing. I’m simply making a point that Trumps body count in the Middle East is the lowest.

Secondly. I’m really glad you added that Mexican comment. This is perfect anti trump propaganda.

Look at the bit I bolded. It’s written as if he said ‘they’re/ they are’ rapists.

Now read it again with ‘their’ instead and you’ll see it’s proper context.

He’s saying Mexico doesn’t send it’s best people across the border. The people who are coming ARE criminals and their (Mexico’s) rapists.

It’s literally a common sense point.

Imagine if you raped some peasant girl and the cops were after you in mexico.
Would you not cross the border to avoid detection? Mexican police aren’t looking for their rapists in Kansas City. No jurisdiction. Crossing that border is like John Wick going to the continental.

It was just common sense that’s been jazzed ip in left wing propaganda.
Hahahah, you don't get to change what someone said to suit your narrative. You sound like Sean Spicer. I also do not think Mexico is actively selecting who to send to the US. Let us not pretend like Americans are all perfect and let us not carry on like immigrants to the US have not been successful and contributed positively to the American economy. His own wife is a migrant. Also, there are many Americans who have fled south to avoid law enforcement. America is not the pinnacle of world democracy and the nation on which to model oneself.

At the end of the day, I don't like Trump or the Republicans. There is nothing that will change my view on that, not because of self-blinded bias, but because I don't agree with their policies, their rhetoric and their views.

Googly
Posts: 5970
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by Googly » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:02 am

Nobody will ever change anybody’s political stance, that goes without saying, people just like telling you theirs.

There is absolutely no Republican rhetoric, they don’t have a platform. The most we’ve ever heard from them is during this impeachment...and you have to tune in to Fox :lol:
They’re annoying, but less so than mainstream media.

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1490
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by zimbos_05 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:30 am

That whole "mainstream media" thing is laughable. In Aus, msm is right wing Murdoch owned bullshit. In Zim, its state run Herald. In US, its a mixture of far right crap like the fox, and pandering lefty CNN. In UK its trying to be impartial but conservative run BBC, and left wing unsure Sky...

So you can't say FOX is better than msm because they are part of the msm, and they dictate the narrative (even if done with lies, which has often been proven).

It's like you say though, people can be stringent, though I have switched from a centrist to a left wing view, so political views can be changed. I have seen lots of Republican rhetoric, so it's absolutely false to say we haven't heard from them.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4289
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by ZIMDOGGY » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:45 am

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:50 am
eugene wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:26 pm
The USA media is almost entirely left leaning at best. FOX is abou the only mainstream news outlet that isn't. Trump is not ideal but the lesser evil won when compared to Hillary. She must surely be the most entitled person to ever walk the earth. She is still going on tv blaming everyone for getting schlonged by Trump. Bernie seems to be her latest target.

Trump is a human wall against the madness of the left. Obama wouldn't even get a look in with the Democratic Party of today.
Whilst it may seem that way or the narrative is perpetuated that most media is left wing, I guarantee you it is not as left wing as perceived.

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:36 pm
Firstly, I was joking about the Obama and Trump being Muslim thing. I’m simply making a point that Trumps body count in the Middle East is the lowest.

Secondly. I’m really glad you added that Mexican comment. This is perfect anti trump propaganda.

Look at the bit I bolded. It’s written as if he said ‘they’re/ they are’ rapists.

Now read it again with ‘their’ instead and you’ll see it’s proper context.

He’s saying Mexico doesn’t send it’s best people across the border. The people who are coming ARE criminals and their (Mexico’s) rapists.

It’s literally a common sense point.

Imagine if you raped some peasant girl and the cops were after you in mexico.
Would you not cross the border to avoid detection? Mexican police aren’t looking for their rapists in Kansas City. No jurisdiction. Crossing that border is like John Wick going to the continental.

It was just common sense that’s been jazzed ip in left wing propaganda.
Hahahah, you don't get to change what someone said to suit your narrative. You sound like Sean Spicer. I also do not think Mexico is actively selecting who to send to the US. Let us not pretend like Americans are all perfect and let us not carry on like immigrants to the US have not been successful and contributed positively to the American economy. His own wife is a migrant. Also, there are many Americans who have fled south to avoid law enforcement. America is not the pinnacle of world democracy and the nation on which to model oneself.

At the end of the day, I don't like Trump or the Republicans. There is nothing that will change my view on that, not because of self-blinded bias, but because I don't agree with their policies, their rhetoric and their views.
That’s what YOU DID, you, and those of the left have changed which variant of their/they’re to use to change the context of what he said. Objectively speaking with ‘their’ the comment flows but ‘they’re’ is disjointed. That should be proof enough.

And you brought up Trumps wife as if he is being hypocritical.
You are falling for the left wing media spin. He isn’t against LEGAL immigration. He’s against illegals.
An actual quote Trump is
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests