[MATCH THREAD] U19 WC 11th Place Playoff Zimbabwe v Scotland

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [MATCH THREAD] U19 WC 11th Place Playoff Zimbabwe v Scotland

Post by Googly »

If he’d played in this u19 he’d have batted at no 10 :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

I saw this promo video at least a year ago. I think this was his first season at Eastbourne. I believe he’s a big step up from this now, and this is good enough for me.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

2019 batting highlights are here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJATRALTblY

I know it's only a highlights package and schools' cricket, and Glenn MaGrath would say: "Let's see how he likes a few short ones!", but boy, this lad can play.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Our friend Frank mawoza has stated that Hamilton masakaza has indicated that there are 4 players from under 19 ready to make step up to senior level while the rest will be absorbed into franchises.
I agree with shumba and madhevere. Who would be the other 2?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Donald wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:27 pm
Our friend Frank mawoza has stated that Hamilton masakaza has indicated that there are 4 players from under 19 ready to make step up to senior level while the rest will be absorbed into franchises.
I agree with shumba and madhevere. Who would be the other 2?
Mazakadza can say they're ready to step up, and he can speak of absorbing them into the system as much as he wants, the fact of the matter is 90% of this side aren't sticking around.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What I am curious about is who is following him around with a camera and what they’re trying to achieve. This is not for posterity. He was in the Surrey nets a while ago facing some decent County bowlers, and again with someone filming him. There’s a little more to all of this, let’s wait and see...

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya there’s 4 or 5 of those u19’s that will possibly cope right now at a higher level, which is a very good return and of those two of the good batters are going to the UK and I think another is already there.
That leaves Myers, Marumani, Shumba, Madhevere and Nyangani. I don’t know much about Nyangani and Marumani age wise but Myers is still at school so can’t afford too much time off.
Shumba is an obvious choice and I don’t know Madhevere’s plans. Don’t forget he’s a product of the SA system and they may not give him up that easily. I said earlier they’re desperate for their system to be seen to be producing black batters and he may well be offered something by a franchise side there, much like Matigimu has been. I think the Madheveres’ will have some difficult choices ahead of them.
I’m sure they will be back fairly soon and we’ll see who gets some Pro 50 games. There will be some sad faces if half a dozen of those u19’s get dropped into these games.
Slaying Canada and Scotland won’t be quite the same as jostling for spots with our franchise lads, whom despite getting some bad press are a lot better than 18 year old Scottish lads.
They’re not likely to take to it like ducks to water and that will cause another bout of head scratching. Competitive men’s cricket is a different game.
Shumba did take a 4fer or 5fer in a franchise game a while back, it may even have been a T20, so we know he can cope. Let’s see.. at least there will be a lot of interest in what goes on.
If Schardendorf and Bawa get games it means they’ve accepted guys leaving and are willing to leave the door open. Masakadza said that was inevitable, but whether that was lip service on TV remains to be seen.

Googly

Post by Googly »

They cut their noses off to spite their faces often, so it’s going to be interesting to see if they finally embrace England as an extension of our collapsed school system.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I read an article today that said another young white batter from SA has left to play at Durham on a Kolpak deal...

Donald

Post by Donald »

I'm pretty sure madhevere will be going to Bangladesh. 50s against South Africa new Zealand Pakistan and England he looks great witj the ball coming onto him