[MATCH THREAD] U19 WC 11th Place Playoff Zimbabwe v Scotland

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [MATCH THREAD] U19 WC 11th Place Playoff Zimbabwe v Scotland

Post by zimfan1 »

foreignfield wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:12 am
Marumani has, as someone rightly said during the pre-WC tournament, some swagger about him--at least by Zim's standards; and he looked like a decent slogger. We could use a hitter in T20s and such, but his returns against the better sides seems to suggest that at this point he's a Cephas-like kind of bully. It will be interesting to see how he progresses.
He spoke well, bit of arrange and a strut, I like that. Will he hang around, only time will tell...

Googly

Post by Googly »

These guys all hit across the line except for Bawa, Myers, Madhevere and Schardendorf. Bawa out on 49 at 133%, he’d have gotten another 100 if he’d been batted up the order. Schardendorf on 25 off 14 and being forced to slog when it’s not his game. The scoreboard looks great but it’s why we can lambast the lower sides and we get well beaten by the better ones.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Strange innings. Getting over 350 but with only two Zimbabweans hitting half centuries. A microcosm of our problems as we needed somone to go big in the bigger games

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s their standard looking scorecard, almost everyone chipping in with runs.
I’ve just heard that Bawa has been offered a UK scholarship which he’s gleefully accepted.
Same school as Muyeye.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Wasn't that Eastbourne?

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Googly, do you know what the deal is with Muyeye...any plans to approach him? Or is he UK for university and see how it goes?

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:32 pm
Googly, do you know what the deal is with Muyeye...any plans to approach him? Or is he UK for university and see how it goes?
Yeah Eastbourne.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya. So far they’ve given scholarships to Brad Evans, Walter Huchu, Tawanda Muyeye, Brett Hounsell and now Emmanuel Bawa. Basically a Zim lad every year since people activated this pathway.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:05 am
sloandog wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:55 am
I rated Mahwire a lot, I think he was under used and could have been a really good asset. Hondo I agree Was bang average
I never saw it.

He was only a 125 trundled and not overly accurate.

I think Nyauchi is better.

I’m not going to die by it though as I only saw him a couple of times when he toured Oz. One of the times he was in the commentary box of all places on channel nine talking himself up as the next big talent from Zim. Was gold.
Again that’s just not right. His speed was consistently in the low to mid 130’s (you can find YouTube footage of him against the West Indies in 2006, and Australia in 2003). He could have been very good.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:34 pm
Ya. So far they’ve given scholarships to Brad Evans, Walter Huchu, Tawanda Muyeye, Brett Hounsell and now Emmanuel Bawa. Basically a Zim lad every year since people activated this pathway.
Whatever happened to Walter Huchu?