[MATCH THREAD] Pro50 R4 2019/20 Mountaineers v Rhinos & Eagles v Rangers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

[MATCH THREAD] Pro50 R4 2019/20 Mountaineers v Rhinos & Eagles v Rangers

Post by jaybro »

Another round of Pro50 matches another chance for players to put their hands up for selection.

The Rhinos seem to have 6-7 players on the cusp of selection, but none certain to make the 15, those players will be looking for a better showing after getting thrashed by the Tuskers. The Goats are in a similar spot, with a similar amount of hopefuls but without Chatara being fit there are no certainties either.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/883 ... ip-2019-20

Interesting to see if the ODI captain Chamu plays this match after he missed the last one, maybe he’s picking & choosing which games he wants to play like some of the other established players. Hopefully Wes Madhevere gets a chance with the bat this match, whilst Kamunhukamwe will be looking for another big score.

Apart from BT there aren’t many players from the Rangers who are possibly tourists this month, maybe Mudzinganyama, Tshuma or even Chitumba, but they’d need some big performances

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/883 ... ip-2019-20

Both games are in Harare where it’s supposed to rain all day, and all week, we might not see much action before the squad is announced this week sometime.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Invincible

Re: [MATCH THREAD] Pro50 R4 2019/20 Mountaineers v Rhinos & Eagles v Rangers

Post by Invincible »

Could you post the playing xi for today's matches

Donald

Post by Donald »

Madhevere is certainly taking his chance. 37 not out so far batting with chigumbura

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Good partnership between Wes and Chigumbura. Certainly lifting the Eagles to a respectable commanding total of 252 from their 36overs. Cant help but feel one more good knock from Chigumbura and he makes the ODI side.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

We honestly didn't need Elton to score runs but with the number of injuries around he might get a call up although I would prefer we test somebody like Munyonga or Wesley in that middle order. These next few months should be about identifying guys who are up for it or not. We won't have the room to experiment when the ODI league starts.

Prince is not slowing down. He looks like somebody who really wants this. A late bloomer. We have never had an opener who sticks around and builds an innings. I wouldn't mind him and Kamunhukamwe getting a 3 game run in Bangladesh.

Another guy who I think might be the perfect opener is BT. He seems to be fully backing his ability these days. The kind of confidence which could really damage any opposition. The kind of momentum he could get going for us could be devastating if we give him the same license Zhuwao or Mire had

Donald

Post by Donald »

Madhevere nicely mopping up the tail now too. Next all rounder in the making. Get on that banglabus kid

MGN

Post by MGN »

I guess Mashinge is going to be the next Tiripano . Mavuta wicketless again and what do they see in Chibvongodze, he is an opener whose average is 7 in list A.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Moor gets 50 on the dot and gets out.
The other bloke strains until he gets 50 then retires hurt.

They then lose ten game by ten runs.

I’m losing count how many times I have to point out how much these guys overvalue 50 and then think the job is done.
It’s a pandemic. Worse than Corona.

Kudos to the Symbol for stepping up and getting a ton. That’s what I like to see!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

His first ton after a lot of attempts. Good to see him continuing the good form.