ICC delegation in Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: ICC delegation in Zimbabwe

Post by Googly »

I just need to re-iterate this point-
This incompetent and corrupt regime cost us
FOUR MILLION DOLLARS
and there’s a deafening silence by all stakeholders. We lost half our budget at the stroke of a pen and there’s not so much of a murmur from anybody??? If Ellman-Brown had lost $4m he’d have been hanged by a lynch mob from the non functional light post at HSC.

Surely stakeholders should be demanding answers?

Anybody with grade 1 arithmetic can do the maths about the 30% salary cuts and figure out they’re not a significant factor. How’s the rest of the money being spent?
Everyone is being completely conned into taking one for the team when they should be demanding that heads roll, a complete clean out of these people that are systematically destroying our cricket.
We’re going to easily survive on the $5m and nobody is going to query where the rest of the money has been going for years? And furthermore people will believe their 30% cut saved the day. :lol:
Surely by now people must realize that ICC have worked out what it actually costs to run our budget cricket here, and that’s what we’re getting.
They’re promising the reinstatement of the full allocation in October. If anyone believes that they believe in fairies.
Assuming we’ve been good boys and managed to survive and ICC finish their boardroom wars and we do get our full benevolent handout back is anybody going to query how that extra FOUR MILLION DOLLARS is NOW going to be spent. By then anyone with half a brain will know we can survive on 5 so the 4 should send our cricket through the stratosphere.
The cricketers and other stakeholders have gotten exactly what they deserve here, that’s the sad truth.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Will we ever collapse? I might be more optimistic than others but I think as long as is enough money to pay the top players we won't collapse. We might not be world beaters but I predict that we will still be here in 5 years time. In fact we will be much stronger than before with an older generation passing knowledge to a younger generation. We never had this at a professional level before.

This is how I see it

Murray for Taylor
Wes for Raza
Myers/Tari for Ervine
Burl for Williams
Mumba/ Blessing for Jarvis
Chatara is 28 I think so he is still here.

As long as there is money to pay these 13 guys we will still maintain our 20% win percentage.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

And who else..? Can't build a team on just those guys. We're bleeding talent every single year to the UK and SA.

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:25 pm
Will we ever collapse? I might be more optimistic than others but I think as long as is enough money to pay the top players we won't collapse. We might not be world beaters but I predict that we will still be here in 5 years time. In fact we will be much stronger than before with an older generation passing knowledge to a younger generation. We never had this at a professional level before.

This is how I see it

Murray for Taylor
Wes for Raza
Myers/Tari for Ervine
Burl for Williams
Mumba/ Blessing for Jarvis
Chatara is 28 I think so he is still here.

As long as there is money to pay these 13 guys we will still maintain our 20% win percentage.
This is the very crisis management I’m talking about. They’ll wait until these guys hang up their boots and hope someone humble and respectful might be almost as good to take their spot.