Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh | Mirpur, Dhaka | 2020

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh | Mirpur, Dhaka | 2020

Post by sloandog »

After this series I don’t want to see Maruma, Chakabva, Ndlovu nor Mutumbami anywhere near a LO squad. I really really cringe when we see how much talent we had in this past World Cup, and yet worthless, univestable players are preserved with.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:42 pm
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:11 pm
Honestly, by this point I'd be happy to put money together to make Sloan our coach.
I’d be shot within 24 hours hours of working there.
Some of these guys need to be spoken to frankly and bluntly.
Don't worry man. i'll sort out the security. I know some people.

What else do you need?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:44 pm
After this series I don’t want to see Maruma, Chakabva, Ndlovu nor Mutumbami anywhere near a LO squad. I really really cringe when we see how much talent we had in this past World Cup, and yet worthless, univestable players are preserved with.
I cry when I know what our team can be and the quality we have produced, and what we have. Particularly when I see the likes of de Grandhomme, the Currans and co all tearing it up on the international scene.

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Madhevere showed. A tight slap to those who says its too early to pick under 19 kids in national team. All experienced have been blown away and that u19 kid become the top scorer

Time to bring Myers, Shumba and other players in the team.

Chibhabha, Chakabva, Mpofu, Mutumbami should leave the game.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Shumba should be next but I think they made the right call to give him a few more games. The County teams and then Ireland would be a good way of getting him into the team. He should be Our number 8.

The only thing I like about this is that when the ODI league starts we will have a good idea of what kind of squad we need. Everybody has been given a chance to show us why they never be picked anyway.

The only young person I really feel is under pressure is Kamunhukamwe because he can only bat. He has a good domestic average but he reminded me of Mire today with that foot movement. Wes can open the batting and be a first change bowler. Mudzinganyama also has some slow left arm spin in him. In this modern age you cant have a struggling batsman in the team who only bats. He has 4 games to show some fight

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:29 pm
Shumba should be next but I think they made the right call to give him a few more games. The County teams and then Ireland would be a good way of getting him into the team. He should be Our number 8.

The only thing I like about this is that when the ODI league starts we will have a good idea of what kind of squad we need. Everybody has been given a chance to show us why they never be picked anyway.

The only young person I really feel is under pressure is Kamunhukamwe because he can only bat. He has a good domestic average but he reminded me of Mire today with that foot movement. Wes can open the batting and be a first change bowler. Mudzinganyama also has some slow left arm spin in him. In this modern age you cant have a struggling batsman in the team who only bats. He has 4 games to show some fight
Zimbabwe is starting their ICC Odi League Campaign against India this August 2020

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Stoneman Returns wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:10 pm
Madhevere showed. A tight slap to those who says its too early to pick under 19 kids in national team. All experienced have been blown away and that u19 kid become the top scorer

Time to bring Myers, Shumba and other players in the team.

Chibhabha, Chakabva, Mpofu, Mutumbami should leave the game.
Amazing what some new energy and talent can do when injected to a side. Of any sport.

Those last 4 you mentioned have value on the domestic scene, just not international. Except maybe Mpofu atm through necessity.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*