Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 : 2 day Practice Match

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 : 2 day Practice Match

Post by TapsC »

tawac wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:38 am
Half century from Mumba well guessing a few more knocks like this especially when it counts then just maybe he can live up to his hype
I guess it's not a myth anymore. He isn't a number 7 but he can hold his own like Chisoro

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

In the end its all about balance. Don can bat but the trade-off with his bowling isnt worth it in my opinion. In test cricket you win by taking 20 wickets. There is no other way possible. ODIs are different. What you need is a number 8 who can score a 25 but take 4 wickets more than a number 8 who can score 40s but take 1 wicket. I say this because in the end our number 5 and 6 can score 100 and pick up a wicket

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Excited to see how Tshuma bowls tomorrow. Might surprise a few people

Donald

Post by Donald »

Tshuma is supposed to be very mpofu esque

Donald

Post by Donald »

Not a bad thing when on form

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Being in the subcontinent should we being expecting much from the seamers. Really hoping the makeshift spinners can do a job for us. Cant help wonder that if Raza isnt fully fit then where will the wickets come from. Perhaps we pack the side with as many batters as possible and hope to play out a draw.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

When was the last time BT turned his arm over (rather inocuous off-break long-hops if memory serves me right)? Maybe the Don can turn to spin; lack of pace wouldn't be a problem then.

I'm getting desperate, I know.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

foreignfield wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:41 pm
When was the last time BT turned his arm over (rather inocuous off-break long-hops if memory serves me right)? Maybe the Don can turn to spin; lack of pace wouldn't be a problem then.

I'm getting desperate, I know.
Why not.
That is what Chisoro did and people cum for him.
I don’t see it personally. He just rolls it over with no spin. He gets wickets on the same days Williams and Raza also gets wickets. So he’s Williams without the batting, so if Don can do it he will be ok as a spinning all rounder.

In other words just chucks them in somewhat accurately and hope the pitch does the rest.

I really wish we still had Cremer.
Him and Willo/Raza is all we need.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:03 am
jaybro wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:50 am
Mutombodzi getting out for a duck and showing no form with the bat this season has really out the selectors in a tough spot, considering Raza’s shoulder.

Can Zim afford to go into the Test with just Ndlovu & an injured Raza? Probably not, as Zimfan1 said the other day Mutombodzi needs to be somewhere for his batting & bowling, even though he’s average at both

Geez what a mess lol
If only we had Chisoro to bat at 8 :lol:
I was literally going to write that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would definitely solve two issues, spin bowling and lower order batting
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

tawac wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:18 pm
Being in the subcontinent should we being expecting much from the seamers. Really hoping the makeshift spinners can do a job for us. Cant help wonder that if Raza isnt fully fit then where will the wickets come from. Perhaps we pack the side with as many batters as possible and hope to play out a draw.
Funnily enough the last time Bangladesh & Zimbabwe played at Mirpur it was the Zimbabwe seamers that did all the wicket taking, Jarvis took 7 or 8 for the match, whilst Tiripano & Chatara took a few each too. It was the spinners who killed us, Raza, WIlliams & Mavuta all bowled shit house.

I remember someone saying we would have been better off playing Mpofu over Mavuta, which was probably right.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement