[Match Thread] Logan Cup (Rangers V Tuskers and Eagles v Mountaineers)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Match Thread] Logan Cup (Rangers V Tuskers and Eagles v Mountaineers)

Post by Googly »

The Masakadzas will play cricket for as long as they want to here, for reasons mentioned above.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Proteas got an absolute battering from Australia tonight. They’re not coming back from that. They will be begging De Villiers as we speak.

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

Donald wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:11 pm
How did madhevere look on first class debut. Not a bad day 42 runs and a wicket. I might have thought he may have been greedy going for his half century before close of play and getting Out?
He was impressive, played nicely, and was brilliantly caught overhead in the gully off a powerful slash.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:37 pm
Proteas got an absolute battering from Australia tonight. They’re not coming back from that. They will be begging De Villiers as we speak.
That was an absolutely appalling defeat. The bowling was as bad as I’ve seen for a very long time. Ngidi is looking more and more average with every game he plays.
Rabada was all over the place and Shamsi I still think is absolutely shit, and a complete knob as well.

Players like Shamsi, Ngidi and Andile can all sleep soundly because the side needs players of colour. Smuts, Pite Van Biljion and Klassen need only one bad game and they’re out. And they’re much better picks

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:29 pm
Googly wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:37 pm
That was an absolutely appalling defeat. The bowling was as bad as I’ve seen for a very long time. Ngidi is looking more and more average with every game he plays.
Rabada was all over the place and Shamsi I still think is absolutely shit, and a complete knob as well.

Players like Shamsi, Ngidi and Andile can all sleep soundly because the side needs players of colour. Smuts, Pite Van Biljion and Klassen need only one bad game and they’re out. And they’re much better picks
Not sure what Smuts offers. Andile is the new Darran Sammy, can't bat or bowl but still gets picked every time.

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

Andile is the new Darran Sammy, can't bat or bowl but still gets picked every time

Possibly the future test captain, then?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jon Jon Smuts doesn’t look like he will cope at international level, does well domestically, but then it’s a step too far.
When Starc is firing he’s the best in the world. Those SA front three just looked like they didn’t want to be there at all. That was an hallelujah get out of jail shot from De Kock second ball he faced!
Then for some respite you’ve got Richardson and Cummins to deal with. I’m actually not looking forward to Zim playing these blokes, it’s going to be really ugly. I don’t know how Mitch Marsh keeps getting picked either.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why wasn’t Klaasen playing? Injured in warm up? I’m assuming it wasn’t playing Women’s soccer, he doesn’t look like a soccer guy. I rate this dude, got some proper Dog f%^* about him.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m looking forward to seeing how Bavuma goes against this attack, this seam attack has to be the sternest test as a batsman, imagine dealing with these blokes in a test! SA actually looked intimidated. Bavuma has some detractors, but I rate him, and he’s tough, I’d be faking that hammy if I were him :lol:

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Milton shumba gets 4 wicket haul :D