Rangers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Rangers

Post by zimfan1 »

I know it is still early days but I am seeing very little evidence that any of these boys are up to playing professional cricket. Should ZC pay Campbell and co to use it as a development for the Under 19 boys?

Andybligzz

Re: Rangers

Post by Andybligzz »

Disagree I recon we will unearth a few gems , more teams playing the better .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The right players need to be included though. There’s no point including guys who can’t cut it at FC level. Campbell Jnr looks to be lucky to be there. I thought Brent Jnr was in the squads?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Andybligzz wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:28 pm
At least this comment will ensure Zimdoggy forgets about batsmen getting out in their 50s and move back to one of his other favorite subjects :)

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Back to the topic, agree with zimfan1 and sloandog, this team does not inspire any confidence whasoever. I looked forward to every match the Rising Stars played because it was a better composition. The only good thing about Rangers is that they will help with some points for the otherwise hopeless composition of Rhinos and keep their abysmal performance out of scrutiny.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:03 pm
Andybligzz wrote:
At least this comment will ensure Zimdoggy forgets about batsmen getting out in their 50s and move back to one of his other favorite subjects :)
Explain ..
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Andybligzz wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:31 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:03 pm
Andybligzz wrote:
Explain ..
He's been very vocal against more teams in the domestic competition, arguing for lesser than 4 teams on the contrary.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The problem with the selection of that team is I’m sure that the final say is with ZC, as evidenced by Makoni Jr. in that side. It’s such a waste to have the most professional set up and facilities and then too many mediocre players. As a fact any player in the country would benefit by being in Brent’s team.
If they played 50 over cricket as opposed to the longer version then a couple of younger guys could be included in the team and most certainly in the practice sessions because games obviously only take a day.

I’m assuming that there’s a fresh intake fairly soon and of the current squad I don’t see more than 3 of them being now able to find spots in other sides.
It’s a huge waste of resources not having at least 6-7 players that can then be integrated into the other sides.

If this was the annual combined attrition rate from the franchise sides it would be about right. It’s high, but some of the guys just shouldn’t be there in the first place.

The big question is where is the new intake coming from?
Of those u19’s there’s only about 4-5 that have the remotest chance of playing well at a higher level, and a couple of them have gone so where in reality do you find the rest of the team? They need proper up and coming talent and there just isn’t enough around.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m sure the wish would be to have some overseas young academy players from Derbyshire and Durham that would actually provide them with an income. If you had 2-4 of them, a couple of really good u19’s, Jarvis and Taylor (they won’t be available that often) and then a couple of good younger FC players like Jongwe for example, who have potential to be better than they are, you’re getting closer to a team, but they’re still short.
Maybe a couple of repeats? Any cousin brothers of the bosses could end up playing for Rangers for the next 10 years :lol:

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Let’s hope next years intake is better

It seems even though the side is pretty weak they’ve atleast played apart in the development of Mudzinganyama & Thsuma who are now in the national squad.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement