Test highlights

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Test highlights

Post by sloandog »

jaybro

Re: Test highlights

Post by jaybro »

Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Ebadat was bowling markedly slower than he was in Pakistan last month. Was averaging around 138 in Rawalpindi, but here his average is probably 132 max. Hit 91 mph last month and barely clocking 140 here. His accuracy has been decent though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:21 am
Ebadat was bowling markedly slower than he was in Pakistan last month. Was averaging around 138 in Rawalpindi, but here his average is probably 132 max. Hit 91 mph last month and barely clocking 140 here. His accuracy has been decent though.
Noticed the exact same thing. The wickets in Pakistan will probably have more pace and bounce in them in comparison to Bangladesh 🇧🇩

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

What’s Taskin Ahmed’s pace at now days

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:33 am

Noticed the exact same thing. The wickets in Pakistan will probably have more pace and bounce in them in comparison to Bangladesh 🇧🇩
Dhaka being a mere 5 meters above sea level has a very thick atmosphere. But I don't think that can account for a difference of 5-6 kph in average speed. I also don't think the pitch causes bowlers to bowl slower. If anything the thinking might be, these pitches are slower, so I need to bowl faster to have the same effect.

I think its in the speed guns themselves. For example Aussie radars take the highest of 3 readings as the displayed speed. Most other countries use the mean or median value. Thats why bowlers from Amir to Ishant to Umesh have clocked 150 in Australia, but never in their home countries (or elsewhere to my knowledge).

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
What’s Taskin Ahmed’s pace at now days
No clue, he hasn't played in front of speed guns in a while. I doubt he's lost any pace.

Taskin, Ebadat, and Rubel are the quickest bowlers we've produced so far. All have clocked over 145 and could clock 145 in any given spell. Taskin has the highest average pace, always averages 140+...Rubel some days will trundle in at 130, other days hit 140. Ebadat is not quite as quick as Taskin, but has more control.

Apparently Mashrafee around 2001-02 was clocking up to 148 or something, but that was before I was a cricket fan.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:21 am
We'll have to see how his pace is in Karachi in a few weeks. Does it go back up to 140 average? Karach in April will probably be blazingly hot though.