Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | Odis & T20 Team Selection | Pre Series Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | Odis & T20 Team Selection | Pre Series Discussion

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Zimbabwe after Test series going to play 3 match Odi & T20 Series in Bangladesh.As per odis are concerned, it will be the last billateral odi series for both the teams as odis from next series for both the teams will fall under ICC ODI Championship. With Chamu Chibhabha appointed as captain of the shorter formats, it will be interesting to see how many domestic cricket performers and U19 talents gets picked.

Can Ryan Burl, Peter Moor and in form Luke Jongwe make a come back ?
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | Odis & T20 Team Selection | Pre Series Discussion

Post by Black Mamba »

15 member squad want to see for odis

1)C Chibhabha 2) R Burl 3) B Taylor 4) C Ervine 5) S Raza 6) S Williams 7) P Moor 8) B Mavuta 9) L Jongwe 10)C Mumba 11) D Jakiel

Extra : 12)N Madziva 13) T Chisoro 14)R Mutumbami 15)R Ngarava

T20s

1)C Chibhabha 2) W Madhevere 3) S Raza 4) S Williams 5) P Moor 6) R Burl 7) L Jongwe 8) B Mavuta 9)N Madziva10) K Macheka ( has raw pace mentioned by Jarvis) 11) D Jakiel

Extra : 12) T Kamhukunkamwe 13) R Mutumbami 14) J Campbell 15)W Mashinge

Black Mamba

Re: Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | Odis & T20 Team Selection | Pre Series Discussion

Post by Black Mamba »

Zimbabwe ODI/T20I squad:

Chamu Chibhabha (captain), Sikandar Raza Butt, Craig Ervine, Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Wesley Madhevere, Timycen Maruma, Christopher Mpofu, Carl Mumba, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Richmond Mutumbami (wicketkeeper), Ainsley Ndlovu, Brendan Taylor, Donald Tiripano, Charlton Tshuma, Sean Williams

Stoneman Returns

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Great to see as expected Madhevere.

No Luke Jongwe, Peter Moor, Burl, Madziva, Mavuta, Mashinge... right arm fastest spin bowler overrated Tiripano again selected along with terrible Mutombodzi & Maruma

Lots of celebration of friendship in this odi & t20 selection
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Donald

Post by Donald »

Madhevere k long and mutunbami are good additions and obviously deserving.
Obviously Williams goes without saying.
Not sold on ndlovu to be fair. Mavuta would have been much better.
Maruma no comment

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

What's the best line-up we can field here? Multiple combinations possible

This would be my first ODI team if it's a surface that assists spin.

Chamu (by default)
Kamunhukamwe
Ervine
BT
Williams
Raza
Mutumbami (wk)
Mutombodzi
Wes
Mumba
Mpofu

Would take Tshuma for Mutombodzi if there is something for the fast bowlers.

It's a shame Chamu has to be picked as there could have been space for Wes uptop and Mudzinganyama in the squad.

tawac

Post by tawac »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:36 am

Chamu (by default)
Kamunhukamwe

It's a shame Chamu has to be picked as there could have been space for Wes uptop and Mudzinganyama in the squad.
Someone balance me here. Does being team captain mean you cant be dropped for the side. Me I think not. If Chamu does not come through then surely he has to be dropped. But looking around whose else would open. The selectors missed a trick here. If the opening partnership of Chibhabha and Kamunhukamwe does not fire we are in a heap of trouble. There was not point to keeping someone like Maruma in the side ahead of even Masvaure who would then provide cover for the openers.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

I just want to say Fu*k of zim selecters for the selection of failures(maruma,chamu,tripano,mutumbodzi).and Not selecting players like jongwe,madziva,chisaro,mashinge
:shock: :evil: :roll:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

tawac wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:13 am
TapsC wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:36 am

Chamu (by default)
Kamunhukamwe

Someone balance me here. Does being team captain mean you cant be dropped for the side. Me I think not. If Chamu does not come through then surely he has to be dropped. But looking around whose else would open. The selectors missed a trick here. If the opening partnership of Chibhabha and Kamunhukamwe does not fire we are in a heap of trouble. There was not point to keeping someone like Maruma in the side ahead of even Masvaure who would then provide cover for the openers.
That interview he did sounded like somebody who will be playing every game :lol: also when the selection committee meets the captain is present. He can't exactly drop himself.

There are multiple opening options. BT Wes Mutumbami Chamu Kamunhukamwe.

As much as I'm not a fan of Maruma, this is probably his 2nd strongest format with T20s being the strongest. He can accelerate. Prince and Kasuza are better suited for the longer formats.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

A Ndolovu - Doesnt have any variation to trouble batsman

D Tiripano - At present one of the biggest overrated allrounders, bowls at 120-125 kph, batting simply looks like tailender

C Mpofu - His time is already already over

C Thsuma - Needs time