Wesley Madhevere in ODI Squad

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Wesley Madhevere in ODI Squad

Post by Andybligzz »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:34 pm
sloandog wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Dylan Grant
Seemed to have some genuine speed. Can't remember if he actually played any games in the tournament or if we saw anything of him.

I was also watching some of the training methods. Some of them seemed very odd, like using the speed arm for catching practice. Does not give an accurate in game feel for that type of catching. Surely you'd want to see the ball come off the bat.
Average bowler and was around 130 max I recall
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Yea he was all over the place. On a good day he could probably crack 82mph on a hard and bouncy deck. Not to mention the fact he throws it.
It is a real shame though that these kids aren't even remotely interested in trying to play some Franchise Cricket.
I remember guys like Callum Price and Dylan Higgins getting some games back in the day.

Googly

Post by Googly »

They were too pink and they stopped picking them. Both of these lads were decent, in particular Higgins- good spinner, he’d have been a regular by now if they’d stuck with him.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Andybligzz wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:22 pm
zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:34 pm
sloandog wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Dylan Grant
Seemed to have some genuine speed. Can't remember if he actually played any games in the tournament or if we saw anything of him.

I was also watching some of the training methods. Some of them seemed very odd, like using the speed arm for catching practice. Does not give an accurate in game feel for that type of catching. Surely you'd want to see the ball come off the bat.
Average bowler and was around 130 max I recall
better then overrated Tiripano & Tshuma

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

130 is not terrible considering our guys are only pushing 120ish.

I guess being all over the place comes from coaching and being taught properly. Not saying he should be rushed in, but just things that the coaches should be watching and working on.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:39 am
130 is not terrible considering our guys are only pushing 120ish.

I guess being all over the place comes from coaching and being taught properly. Not saying he should be rushed in, but just things that the coaches should be watching and working on.
He throws it though mate, he won't last an over if he was by some miracle to be selected.
A family friend said there's a 17 year old at Falcoln? Supposed to be sharp, a white lad and quite tall. Any names googly?

kudet

Post by kudet »

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Mangongo talking sense once again. I agree with everything he’s said here

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

We desperately need Matigimu and Murray back. I know Murray will be back but I don't know if Matigimu wants to come back. The lack of a pathway is a real problem. The only viable but still attractive option is an S.A. based academy for me.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:18 am
We desperately need Matigimu and Murray back. I know Murray will be back but I don't know if Matigimu wants to come back. The lack of a pathway is a real problem. The only viable but still attractive option is an S.A. based academy for me.
It’s hard to bring guys back when you’re halving the salaries of the current playing group. But it should be high in the priority list

I wonder how this XI would go up against the Zimbabwe Test they got flogged by Bangladesh

The ‘Lost XI’

Byrom
Welch
Jayden Schadendorf
Ives
Muyeye
Roche
Murray
Cremer
Matigmu
Blessing
Evans