Match Thread 1st ODI Bangladesh v Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Match Thread 1st ODI Bangladesh v Zimbabwe

Post by eugene »

Yeah I didn't watch this gamne at all and I am glad I didn't. Quite enjoyed seeing South Africa defeat Australia yesterday though.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Bangladeshi_Fan wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:32 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:27 pm
Bangladeshi_Fan wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:24 pm

That squad could have beaten many top teams. It really shocked me that Zimbabwe decided to sack so many great coaches.
yes although I feel lalchand rajput is a great coach he is just not getting the right kind of guys to work with ..when Heath was the coach taibu was at the helm he gave everything Heath wanted and that is why Zim came so close
Ex-players need to do more. They can inspire young cricketers by doing more.

Zimbabwe are missing a spark. They don't seem too spirited.

I think Zimbabwe should try to get Grant Flower, Heath Streak, and Tatenda Taibu.
I think Zimbabwe should look to get Flower, Streak, and Taibu back in the Playing XI.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Yeah rough result and bad performances always bring out the finger pointing regarding Zimbabwe Cricket, facts are that it's inevitable that one day the side will contain no white players, it will actually be a blessing in some regard because then the likes of Tawengwa Mukuhlani & Frank Zolsky won't be able to blame anyone for their short comings.

Taking a step back at this point and assessing things as they really are is a good idea for a few here, the side is in a transition stage at this point, that coupled with the amount of good players on the sideline this was always going to be a tough ask.

My biggest concern is that Raza & BT seem to give zero fucks now, I think BT really feels let down by the playing group who have now twice failed to back him up when he went toe to toe with the board.

As all the BT haters are quick to point out he's the highest paid player on his assured 4 year deal, so he has nothing to gain by taking on the board, he should just sit back and collect his cash. He's actually standing up for the guys who don't have a voice, but they've been scared into siding with the board who have been fear mongering about another Rhodesian take over.

As Googly has pointed out the players get what they deserve, if they stood with DEB things might have been different, but they left BT & Raza out to dry, their leader Hamilton sold out and took his position with the crooks and this what you get.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The fact of the matter is that we now have a little nucleus of players back home who are starting to show some promise with both bat and ball, and it is they who should be in this squad, not the tried and tested (and failed).

Mashinge, Jongwe, Musakanda and Shumba re four names who needs serious consideration

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNb8e-FWdjc

You might want to get a stiff drink but, here's the highlights

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:15 am

Thanks for the highlights
Trouble 🇿🇼 Pathetic

Donald

Post by Donald »

Well blessing muzarabani wants to come back if his kolpak contract is terminated. We certainly need him at the moment

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:15 am

Firstly, who the heck was that umpire and how did he get the job? Some of those calls were clear as day.

I see Chamu is rocking the Hammy headgear under his helmet. He played like him too. Out of sorts and captained like him too, uninspiring.

All the other wickets were nothing shots and schoolboy errors. Richie only has himself to blame. Not backing up and ball watching. Again, simple school boy errors.

Also, why does everyone think they need to double step every second ball? Have these guys never heard of rotating the strike and stand and deliver? What the actual hell is Rajput and the coaches doing.

As for Wes, he looked good considering, but there are lot of things that either need to be ironed out or altered in his game. He should not be advancing as much as he does. He played some good shots where he was balanced and upright. If I were him, I would be working on playing with a straighter bat and learning how to manipulate the ball before developing a power game.