This Team by now would have been in business if Streak Taibu Combo Continued

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: This Team by now would have been in business if Streak Taibu Combo Continued

Post by jaybro »

I’ve always liked Tibba but this is atrocious from him
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: This Team by now would have been in business if Streak Taibu Combo Continued

Post by Zimco »

I actually think it's an interesting article and perspective.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Hundred percent agree with Tibs, very similar to Candace Owens take.
https://youtu.be/JtPfoEvNJ74

Black people in America are the only race that revered criminals and holds them as heroes. My gut feel is that needs to stop.
Attachments
94A6B8F8-2414-4CB0-AEA8-E0B98350D249.png
94A6B8F8-2414-4CB0-AEA8-E0B98350D249.png (1.59 MiB) Viewed 2171 times
9E93CED2-406C-4CDE-8576-723EBD14E796.png
9E93CED2-406C-4CDE-8576-723EBD14E796.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 2171 times
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Floyd is no hero.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:42 pm
Floyd is no hero.
It’s not just about Floyd though. Whatever he may have allegedly done doesnt constitute a capital offense. Even then, he deserved a day in court. Instead Officer Chauvin acted as police, jury, judge, and executioner. How is that due process?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:24 pm

Black people in America are the only race that revered criminals and holds them as heroes. My gut feel is that needs to stop.
Candace Owens doesn’t know what she’s talking about. Just because she’s is black doesn’t mean knowledgeable on race issues. She has no statistics to back up her claim. But there are stats to support the counter claim.

Plenty of white people in the South (tens of millions) hold up treason traitors like Jefferson Davis or Nathan Bedford Forrest as exactly heros. Many Jews hold Baruch Goldstein to be a hero after the Cave of the Parriarchs massacre in 1994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:

Not true. Every race actually has a lot of people with shady pasts who they look up to. White people have statues of mass murderers in Europe. King Leopold who killed more black people in central africa than Nazis killed Jews has statues of him in Belgium.

It's not even about what he did. It's about how we all know if that was a white person he wouldn't have died for that. Do you know how easy it is to be given a fake bank note as change then you use it elsewhere? Imagine being oppresed and being a minority group at the same time. That is the problem but I do agree that there is a difference between a hero and a victim

Taibu has always been a self righteous prick. Its just that people chose to look the other way because of his talent and the side he is on in the ZC battles.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Also I personally think people are protesting more out of frustration caused by lockdowns , job losses and a virus thats killing thousands of people than George Floyd. They just needed an outlet

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
MLK, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks were all considered criminals.

I don't agree with revering criminals, but the issue at play is far greater than the simplistic view Candace Owens shares and is more systemic.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Odd you take this point of view Dogg, coming from a guy who’s done some time, or implies he might have? Does the punishment fit the crime?

No it doesn’t, not even close

We’ve all made mistakes some bigger than others, when you look back at the mistakes you’ve made there’s always a reason why you did it, I’m sure George had his reasons why he tried to use that counterfeit bill.

Was he in the wrong? Yes

Did he deserve to die like that for his crime? No
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement