Match Thread | Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe 2nd ODI 2020 | Sylhet

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Match Thread | Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe 2nd ODI 2020 | Sylhet

Post by zimlover »

Ok so BT is untouchable !

FFS he has been in the terrible form

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

zimlover wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:20 pm
Ok so BT is untouchable !

FFS he has been in the terrible form
Yea, BT is untouchable... :? Didn't you know that? He's been in excellent form domestically. He's done more than Regis, Maruma and Chibahba!
Stupid comments are going to get patronising answers.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I woke this afternoon to see a 4 run final margin. That shit was close! Kind of surprised and relieved that Al Amin didn't choke in the final over. I am quite sure Mashrafee would have found some way to give up those 5 extra runs to lose us the game had he bowled it, so good captaincy on his part to bowl himself out early. Granted he probably didn't expect the game to go that far.

Honestly, I think Tiripano and Mutombodzi just started teeing off to have some fun considering the asking rate was around 15 when they got together. They could not have had any idea, they'd whittle the target down to just 20 required off the final 6 balls.

Must have been a rather tense and thrilling game. Good for Sylhetis to have gotten to experience both a 169 run win and a 4 run sqeaker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

When Mortaza going to retire? He's sending down 120Kph dough balls now days with very little swing or seam movement.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:17 pm
When Mortaza going to retire? He's sending down 120Kph dough balls now days with very little swing or seam movement.
Mortaza never swung the ball. Hardly ever. In fact, I think Fizz in 4 overs the last game swung the ball as much as Morataza has done his whole career, and Fizz has never swung the ball himself. Mortaza was more known for getting some seam movement, particularly into the right handers. His main MO was accurate bowling up front at around 132-135 clicks. He's clearly past his best days, although occaisionally still gets it up to 134-135 somehow.

His bowling today was better than the first game. This was a 350 wicket given the quality of the two bowling attacks on offer. Any half decent batting side would have scored 350 against either bowling lineup on this wicket. Puts Tamim's knock into context (not saying it was a bad innings).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:37 pm

Mortaza never swung the ball. Hardly ever. In fact, I think Fizz in 4 overs the last game swung the ball as much as Morataza has done his whole career, and Fizz has never swung the ball himself. Mortaza was more known for getting some seam movement, particularly into the right handers. His main MO was accurate bowling up front at around 132-135 clicks. He's clearly past his best days, although occaisionally still gets it up to 134-135 somehow.

His bowling today was better than the first game. This was a 350 wicket given the quality of the two bowling attacks on offer. Any half decent batting side would have scored 350 against either bowling lineup on this wicket. Puts Tamim's knock into context (not saying it was a bad innings).
Interesting to see how you rate the two seamers from Game 1 compared to the Game 2 guys??

Saif
Fizz
Safiul
Al-Amin

I know you're dramatic so I'm expecting a big gulf, but still interested to see
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I still think he needs to retire, let Taskin get in the side

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Brendan Taylor's form continues to be a concern. He is being outplayed by the young guys.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

No doubt next game BT will be dropped for our fearless skipper .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!