Madhevere

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Madhevere

Post by Googly »

Myers is as good. If Madhevere can do this then so can Myers. It would be a bit of a game changer to see the back of a couple of the guys that don’t have the goods.
We just need some selectors that know what they’re doing and not Makoni puppets dancing to their master’s tune of spiteful incompetence.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Madhevere certainly looks pretty decent. The most notable things are 1) he keeps the scoreboard ticking by finding gaps and 2) sweeps the spinners on merit (and gets into good positions) rather than premeditatively a la Taylor, Masakadaza, and Ervine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:55 pm
Madhevere certainly looks pretty decent. The most notable things are 1) he keeps the scoreboard ticking by finding gaps and 2) sweeps the spinners on merit (and gets into good positions) rather than premeditatively a la Taylor, Masakadaza, and Ervine.
You are absolutely right, from what I saw he only played 3 sweep shots for his half century,the majority of the other runs came from rotating the strike against the spinners.
He looked very calm on the crease with Raza trying to run him out a few times with some bad calls.

He might put an end to Maruma and make his spot solid,hopefully we can see a few more you guys coming in and getting rid of the Regis ,Maruma, etal

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

ZC actually have a lot of luck. The 2004 walkout could have been a total disaster if we had PJ Chatara and Kasuza's generation as the next batch of kids coming through. They had probably the best under 19 group we have ever had coming through. We have not produced another centurion who is not from that batch besides Mire and now with that batch retiring in a few years another group of kids who can bat suddenly surface. Extremely lucky. We haven't even seen the best kid (Myers) yet because he is still in school.

I never thought the day would come when we would be more concerned about finding bowlers than batsmen.

What we need is for the likes of Bawa and Myers to stop wasting their time playing against other kids and instead play club cricket. Get a Shingi Masakadza or Ngarava firing in some mean bouncers at them to build character.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

What I really like the most about the likes of Wes and Shumba appearing is that Burl and Tari are probably asking themselves where on earth they are going to play now. That kind of pressure and competition produces results. They both probably know Murray is coming back too and Myers is about to finish school.

Now you see Oldknow making his debut and Mudzinganyama scoring meanwhile you know the middle order is packed with quality senior players. You see other older players like Prince having to move from the middle order to the top order. Having to fight for a chance. Suddenly there is no easy way into the team.

This is the kind of pressure system you need. This is what the likes of Hami never had. It produces star players

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:57 am
What I really like the most about the likes of Wes and Shumba appearing is that Burl and Tari are probably asking themselves where on earth they are going to play now. That kind of pressure and competition produces results. They both probably know Murray is coming back too and Myers is about to finish school.

Now you see Oldknow making his debut and Mudzinganyama scoring meanwhile you know the middle order is packed with quality senior players. You see other older players like Prince having to move from the middle order to the top order. Having to fight for a chance. Suddenly there is no easy way into the team.

This is the kind of pressure system you need. This is what the likes of Hami never had. It produces star players
I totally agree and a great point. No coincidence that Tari scored a century during this period..

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see all the equipment at Sports Club bought only in 2018 is F%^ed already. They think maintenance is something you avoid paying your first wife. It’s only two years old, all they had to do was change the oil. :lol:
I suspect the motors are now on Makoni’s grinding mills.
Without the $4 MILLION now lost to us, effectively stolen, it means someone may have to fix this stuff. I see a 200k repair bill coming from M&M Cricket Equip Repair Co :lol: