Madhevere

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Madhevere

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

He can take wickets, when he bats he middles it. Doesn't seem overawed. We've actually found a good cricketer!
Where does he fit into future plans? #5 seems like a good spot for him at the moment, cushioned between Williams and Raza.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Madhevere

Post by jaybro »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:26 pm
He can take wickets, when he bats he middles it. Doesn't seem overawed. We've actually found a good cricketer!
Where does he fit into future plans? #5 seems like a good spot for him at the moment, cushioned between Williams and Raza.
Yeah he seems to like it there for now, I originally thought he’d be best at opening or first drop as he seems to like the fast bowling in the U19s but always got out when the spinners came on

But he’s played Taijul & Miraz really well tonight so if that’s where he wants to be leave him there. Will require one of Ervine or Taylor to open, I’d be happy for BT to open in ODIs & T20s

It’s time to look to the future
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

tgk

Post by tgk »

Give it 5 years and Wes will be the middle order's best. I love the guy. For now the top order in ODIs should be: Kamunhukamwe, BT, Ervine, Williams, Madhevere, Raza. Works for everyone.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

tgk wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:37 pm
Give it 5 years and Wes will be the middle order's best. I love the guy. For now the top order in ODIs should be: Kamunhukamwe, BT, Ervine, Williams, Madhevere, Raza. Works for everyone.
I agree, he seems Taibu-esque. He could be the guy that stands tall when nobody else does.
I'm very excited about what he's showing.

And he's brought up his first 50 in style :4:

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

tgk wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:37 pm
Yeup throw Burl, Shumba & hopefully Murray in the mix hopefully that’s the last we’ve seen of names like Maruma, Mutombodzi, Chakabva & Mutumbami
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Madhevere is a much better player than Burl,P J Moor or even Brandon Taylor.

tgk

Post by tgk »

Can we slot Wes into the test side as well?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Madhevere should be given an extended run in all formats to be honest. We have had few players who excelled so soon in their career.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:37 pm
Madhevere should be given an extended run in all formats to be honest. We have had few players who excelled so soon in their career.
Yea him and Kamunhukamwe need to be stuck with.
Really want to see more under 19’s and local youngsters integrated like this

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’d still like to see him open. Leave him there for a while to get used to it but he looks comfortable agains the new ball. I wouldn’t put him there against Australia, but he’d cope against these guys.