Jeremy ives

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Jeremy ives

Post by sloandog »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/southafric ... 96062.html

Ya this guy i remember seeing in 2018, looked really good in fairness to him.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

He was one of the lads I mentioned needed to be looked after, along with Parsons, Makwetu and a couple of others.
Another South African lad looking elsewhere for opportunities

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

A touch surprised at your take on this Sloan. I mean he may not be Bradman but the more people making themselves available to play for Zim the better. I mean most bolt in the other direction!!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:14 pm
A touch surprised at your take on this Sloan. I mean he may not be Bradman but the more people making themselves available to play for Zim the better. I mean most bolt in the other direction!!
Listen I'm all for previous Under 19's coming back and giving something to the system. Now that the Rangers is in place perhaps it now appears (from the viewpoint of Ives and others) that there's a clear pathway into FC cricket and then the national side. I said he'd lend depth to the system but I'm not sure he'd necessarily create major national competition. Lake, Ives, Matigmu, Geyle and a few others I'd welcome back with open arms, especially if it means getting rid of some of the dead wood in the sytem

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Word. Agreed.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

More played two BBL games

Although he had no impact on either match & the Renegades season was already over by this time

Sloan is right the ACHPP might be a way to get some guys back into the domestic fold, even if it were just for the one season
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:40 pm

Mire was selected on some PC feel good development contract. It’s actually patronising to Mire. DdI he even play?

That same yeaR the Sixers selected some Hong Kong faggot who has never been seen since, even for HK.

Mire did get a double century though for his club and that would have been the achievement that caught ZC eye. But it was years ago now.
Even when you don't have to be a prick, you still manager to abuse someone unnecessarily.

Mire could have been the guy not selected for the contract. He got it. He was brought in to the Zim system for T20s, and he got the other roles due the lack of depth in our system .

andrewn9

Post by andrewn9 »

I'm a long-time lurker on this forum. People like Googly, Zimfan1 and Gargamel, and jward (obviously) give insights to Zimbabwe cricket that are truly insightful but I must agree with you Zimbos_05 that the tone and language of Zimdoggy is often offensive and downright reprehensible. Unfortunately, I think it is second nature. A compulsion.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

andrewn9 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:53 am
I'm a long-time lurker on this forum. People like Googly, Zimfan1 and Gargamel, and jward (obviously) give insights to Zimbabwe cricket that are truly insightful but I must agree with you Zimbos_05 that the tone and language of Zimdoggy is often offensive and downright reprehensible. Unfortunately, I think it is second nature. A compulsion.
Boom 💥

What a way to make you’re entry to the forum, calling out the biggest voice on forum, much like the new guy in the jail yard stabbing the trump of the yard to show he’s no bitch
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

andrewn9 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:53 am
You signed up just to say that?

You really need to jump off the Devils pool at Victoria falls.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*