Match Thread | Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe 3rd ODI 2020 | Sylhet

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread | Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe 3rd ODI 2020 | Sylhet

Post by jaybro »

grant wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:52 pm
jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:58 am
Collins Obuya from Kenya who burst onto the scene at the 2003 World Cup as a leggie, also ‘lost his leggie’ at some stage and turned into a batsman.

Seems odd but I guess it’s the hardest art to master
He didn't "lose" his stock delivery though. The last time I saw him bowl, he was still bowling legbreaks. His bowling just became shit.
He is bowling again now, but if you go through the old scorecards there was a long period he didn't bowl, I do remember them saying he had lost leggie
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread | Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe 3rd ODI 2020 | Sylhet

Post by grant »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:33 pm
grant wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:52 pm
jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:58 am
Collins Obuya from Kenya who burst onto the scene at the 2003 World Cup as a leggie, also ‘lost his leggie’ at some stage and turned into a batsman.

Seems odd but I guess it’s the hardest art to master
He didn't "lose" his stock delivery though. The last time I saw him bowl, he was still bowling legbreaks. His bowling just became shit.
He is bowling again now, but if you go through the old scorecards there was a long period he didn't bowl, I do remember them saying he had lost leggie
Here's a clip of him bowling in 2006: https://youtu.be/B8wafFn2-Tk?t=162 (Skip to 2:42)
That's clearly a legbreak. You can use a playback speed of 0.25 to see which the way the ball turned. I remember he bowled legbreaks in the 2011 WC too, but at least 1-2 of his deliveries every over were full tosses.