[ Match Thread ] Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | 2nd T20 | ZIM V/s BD | Mirpur

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Bangladeshi_Fan

Re: [ Match Thread ] Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | 2nd T20 | ZIM V/s BD | Mirpur

Post by Bangladeshi_Fan »

WM should bowl more. He bowled better than regular bowlers.

Mr Twig

Re: [ Match Thread ] Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | 2nd T20 | ZIM V/s BD | Mirpur

Post by Mr Twig »

Probably the last time we are invited to Bangladesh for a while. They deserve better

tgk

Post by tgk »

And it's done. We got demolished. I'm not too hopeful even for the Ireland series right now. I'm not Zimbabwean so I wouldn't know but are there zero bowlers who can take wickets?

Bangladeshi_Fan

Biggest disappointment was Taylor. He batted in a really strange manner.

tgk

Post by tgk »

Bangladeshi_Fan wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:04 pm
He tried inventive shots. They didn't work mostly but at least he tried. I didn't watch Ervine bat but that's an abysmal strike rate.

Bangladeshi_Fan

tgk wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:10 pm
Bangladeshi_Fan wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:04 pm
He tried inventive shots. They didn't work mostly but at least he tried. I didn't watch Ervine bat but that's an abysmal strike rate.
That's the issue. He gets too inventive. He needs to focus on the basics like Rohit Sharma or Babar Azam. Keep it simple and play proper shots.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

If nothing improves on the Ireland tour, is Rajput punted by ZC?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The more I watch K-Long bat the more I cringe at his lack of technique. The guy can clearly bat, but is he really any better the Cephus or Coventry?
Lethal on their day and can flatten any attack when they get going, but against top quality bowlers with brains looks very very average.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Ndlovu, Mutumbami, Mpofu, Chibahba, Maruma....is is 2020 or 2006? 14 years and we still have to pick these tired looking cricketers.
I'm not bothered anymore if we lose, it's inevitable. What's starting to really make me turn my back on ZC and this forum in general, is the team selection. I'm sick and tired of watching us select the same old, tired, tried and tested players with PTSD over the past fucking 16 years.

If we lose but I see names like Musakanda, Burl, Moor (honestly couldn't give a fuck about anyone's sentiment that he's not scored runs this season, he's got some balls and can hit 6's and was/is on the cusp of being a fantastic player for us) Munyonga, Murray, K0Long, Shumba etc but we still lose, I don't care. At least we're trying something different!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:52 pm
The more I watch K-Long bat the more I cringe at his lack of technique. The guy can clearly bat, but is he really any better the Cephus or Coventry?
Lethal on their day and can flatten any attack when they get going, but against top quality bowlers with brains looks very very average.
Was Coventry that bad? I remember he smoked us for 194 not out once, the highest score in all ODIs at that time. It wasn't even all that long ago, but the game has moved so far that about 10 double tons have been scored since. Kinda crazy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)