Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4868
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:09 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:57 am
The problem with Central Americans in this context is when America offer free healthcare to everyone, no matter what, and they see an opportunity to work for 13 dollars an hour cash in hand AND an easy ride across the border, watch the system collapse. Surely you can see this.
If they pay their taxes which would go to funding the "free healthcare" (misnomer since its not FREE, but rather universal healthcare), then there is no problem.

Why would the system collapse? Once the $13 dollar an hour jobs become saturated, there would be no room for excess migrants and they would stop coming in. Its a natural built in solution.
Maybe Harvard was a bad example of what you say is true, but just replace Harvard with a government uni and the point still stands.
No the point falls fast. State schools are 1/8th as expensive as Harvard, but the real reason is all the GOV has to do is say "we will reimburse you as long as your tution rate increases only at the rate of inflation (around 2.5% annually)". Its the government, they can create any stipulatin they want and the universities will have to agree if they want the money. Simply beautiful.

Universities aren't a for-profit business, they are an essential educational institution and thus have no right or need to arbitrarily jack their prices up just to scam money.
Poorer nations can achieve it, but they reserve free healthcare for citizens and residents. Where I am, you need to be working to be on the free healthcare register and to be working you need a residency permit.
As a good capitalist, I hope that you are still voluntarily paying for your healthcare even if you can get it for free. :D

Just teasing. So we would apply the same rule to Central American migrants coming over, to use your example. You get to the border, apply for asylum, if you are deemed to be in genuine danger, you come in and get a green card. Voila imaginary problem solved.

There are many Christian migrants who apply for asylum from Iraq and Syria, claiming that their lives are in danger in their homelands due to their religious beliefs. Would you wish for these people to be turned away just so the average taxpayer can save 100 bucks a year on taxes? Central Americans are Christians too.
I do agree that insurance scammers need to be stopped and half the issues in American health are solved if that one point is addressed.
Someone once explained it to me in detail after watching a doco and the price gouging is horrendous. They see an opportunity similar to my university/free tuition example and big pharma and insurance exploit it.
If this is solved it would end 90% of the problems we have. Like I said, we ALREADY have the money for this stuff: its in the trillion dollar tax cuts, and the trillion dollars we've invested in places like Afghanistan - money which Trump and his supporters want to save.
i'm just going to address the migrant stuff here because I think we are on the same wavelength regarding health insurance reform.

People border hopping from the south into America and the refugee stuff is a different issue. Although refugee migration is also horrifically abused and exploited.

When people come from Mexico. They fly under the radar. They are there illegally. They get fake social security numbers and survive in a black market version of society. From what i know, they dont get health benefits as is,they arent entitled to it. They do this because if they can undercut labour laws and get 6/7 USD an hour cooking burrito's on the side of the road or working on some farm in the middle of Texas, that beats being in a tin hut in a poor part of mexico getting less than half that. And employers are all too happy to save costs this way (this must be addressed too).
Also, if they just killed someone and need to flee before the police twig they did it, or they are drug runners, they have nefarious reasons for being across the border. They make up the minority, but they are very very dangerous and real risks of people. coming across with no identity in the USA.


When you say "Once the $13 dollar an hour jobs become saturated, there would be no room for excess migrants and they would stop coming in" i dont know if you are doing it on purpose but that creates the perfect opportunity to incentivise illegals coming in.

The min rate goes up, added costs and pressure on an employer. He starts to freak out and then he is further incentivised to offer Jose 9 an hour instead.
Jose is now making 9 instead of 6, theres more bandwidth for negotiation now. Angel and Miguel, who didnt cross earlier, now see its worth it as 9 is alot better than 6, which in turn is better than the 2 they get now! And they all come across and they are are receiving free healthcare like a 7th generation American as an added bonus.

This is going to be an absolute disaster for low skilled and low paid americans. Watch the blacks be the first to fire up as they would be the ones with the most to lose.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4980
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:08 pm

This is going to be an absolute disaster for low skilled and low paid americans. Watch the blacks be the first to fire up as they would be the ones with the most to lose.
I hope you have conceded to my proof on the University/college thing. Its really very simple - the government is giving the money, they hold all the power. Harvard or California State Univ can charge any fee they like, but the gov will only reimburse them for 10K per year per student. Non-existent problem solved.

Similar for the healthcare and yes, we do seem to agree on the insurance side of it.

Onto immigration.

The "immigrants are taking our jobs" idea:

1) Jose without a green card (permanent residency status for those unfamiliar with the term) is fundamentally not in the same job market as Billy Bob from Arkansas. Jose is either doing landscaping or making burritos as you've given in your example. Billy is not in the market for either of those jobs. So the supply and demand is irrelevant when it comes to Billy.

2) Once there are enough Jose's in the country, the burrito manufacturing business will be saturated. There simply won't be any jobs left for Jose's friends. So $5 dollars an hour and living in a tin in Mexico now becomes more attractive than 0 dollars an hour and dehydrating in the 50 degree heat of the Arizona dessert.

3) Many illegals actually pay taxes. Not all, but many do. Actually, in a way they all do. The lower than minimum wage is itself a tax. Because their employer's are illegally hiring them, they pay them less. Its actually in Jose's interest to have legal status and the fact that he doesn't should indicate the direness of his predicament. People only take less than what they are legally worth when they have no choice.

4) Ever heard the phrase "immigrants do the job that Americans won't". This is the root cause. If you really want to stop the flow of foreigners, help convince your fellow citizens to accept even less prestigous jobs. Latinos are cleaning hotels, because white people won't do that job even for $13 an hour. Thats why Miguel does it for 8. Indians come in and take all the heart surgeon jobs, because again white people don't want to spend 15 years in school after graduating from high school.

5) I was in London last year for the world cup and noticed a similar trend. Except instead of Hispanics in London it was Eastern Europeans or Italians with the odd French or German who was probably working their way through college.

The bottom line is, solutions can be found for all problems. Humane solutions. They just require an openness to new ideas.

Imagine if the COVID vaccine makers were still obsessed with the idea of cutting sick people and hoping whatever makes them sick comes out with the blood for the simple reason that that is what their forefathers had always done.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

jward
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:00 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by jward »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:27 am
I will add this.

If I ever end up making a billion dollars, I’ll give half of it away for two reasons. First, no one should need more than $500 M and secondly, if one can go from zero to a billion, one can regain a mere half billion starting from a half billion.

And you’d know I would keep my word because I’d brag about it.

Who else is willing to join me in this pledge.
I will! Bring it on! No chance of getting it while working for ZC ...

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4980
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jward wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:55 pm

I will! Bring it on! No chance of getting it while working for ZC ...
Let's do it, lol!
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

Jemisi
Posts: 7671
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:04 am
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by Jemisi »

Half is not enough. We can comfortably give away 990 million of a billion.

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1829
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by zimbos_05 »

What baffles me is that there is all this talk about Sanders being a Communist and terrible person and then wanting to drain the swamp, yet the solution is apparently Trump.

Trump is literally a man who does not care about the common man. He owns golf courses, hotels, luxury vehicles and lives a life of luxury. He has been bankrupt about 6 times yet is always bailed out using your tax payer money. He has played golf 302 times since taking office totalling in the tens of millions of dollars to tax payers. He has even played golf whilst causing unrest and engaging in silly battles that have led to the deaths of 299k thousand people from COVID

He literally takes from the poor and gives to the rich. He is hellbent of policies that will continue to disenfranchise the poor - middle class and ensure that poverty is on the rise.

Sure, disagree with someone, but don't choose the idiot who doesn't care about you and is hellbent on ensuring you are worse off. Sanders has often said he is a Socialist Democrat, but you all refuse to believe the guy and constantly label him a Communist only because it helps to fit your narrative. I didn't see any of you crying foul when Trump was shacking up and calling Kim a good guy.

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4980
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Jemisi wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:15 pm
Half is not enough. We can comfortably give away 990 million of a billion.
Personally, I would blow 20 million alone on an apartment in Manhattan or Back Bay, Boston. So I'd need 100 mil to get by for the next 30-40 years. The extra 400 million is to invest and regain my lost billionaire status as well as to flex on whoever pisses me off. Some people love to say that poor people are poor because they are either dumb or lazy. All I'd have to do is smile, pull out my banking app on my phone, show them my balance, and strut my way out the door. And these facts alone should prove I'm no communist :lol:

I'm greedy and selfish too (its human nature). I just think there should be some common sense and compassion along the way.

If I had 10 billion, I'd give at least 8 billion away to charity. But with just 1 billion, I'm keeping half it.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

Jemisi
Posts: 7671
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:04 am
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by Jemisi »

You can manage a portfolio of ten million mate. You can turn that into plenty.

jward
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:00 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by jward »

Jemisi wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:05 am
You can manage a portfolio of ten million mate. You can turn that into plenty.
For sure. I don't need that much for myself, but we could change part of the world. But I would need God to make that happen and at the moment I am struggling to survive!

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4868
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

If I had a billion I would buy a small country or big island.
Build a massive mansion with an underground luxury bunker.
Nice car.
Property portfolio
Keep 500 mil and if there is anything left over it’s charity.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Post Reply