Corona

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Corona

Post by Googly »

Within a couple of hours of the WHO announcing there was a $500m fund to assist countries with Corona we’ve suddenly got Corona :lol: :lol:
These ZC muppets I guess just copy their masters. Maybe a few cricketers can come down with it and WHO can send them some money to “distribute” to their bank accounts?

Googly

Post by Googly »

They’ll beg some money out of WHO and we’ll see what they do with it. In this day and age there’s no hiding what goes on. The shopping list is ventilators. We will get some gum boots and masks worth a few million, there is absolutely zero accountability. They don’t care what happens to the man on the street until an hour before elections and everyone is fed up. The competition will hot up with SA as to who gets more. If SA are hard hit by this and their government doesn’t deliver they will throw rocks. Volatile times ahead.

Terryalderman

Post by Terryalderman »

I see Zim ranked in bottom three of most liveable countries in world. Amazes me that some players return.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

11 unanswered msgs in a row is surely a forum record?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:11 am
11 unanswered msgs in a row is surely a forum record?
😂
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well you and Andy have stopped me putting it beyond reach :lol:
I was hoping this would be my own personal blog of the disaster that’s about to unfold here. I’ll try again, stay out of it :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Terryalderman wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:45 pm
I see Zim ranked in bottom three of most liveable countries in world. Amazes me that some players return.
With Corona and no cash I’d still rather be here than a lot of other places. :lol: Where’s that list, I’ve been to some proper shit-holes, mine will be dead accurate.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Good to see the people of Natal celebrating some hard times ahead with their Corona song.

https://www.facebook.com/10000533031891 ... 26558/?d=n

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Can we all send a bill to China after this thing is done? AFL has shut down, Rugby has shut down, Cricket has shut down, I don't know how sports are going to survive.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:51 pm
Can we all send a bill to China after this thing is done? AFL has shut down, Rugby has shut down, Cricket has shut down, I don't know how sports are going to survive.
This is a human problem, not a China problem (unless it can be proven that this virus was manufactured in a Chinese lab - and to date, we can't).

But calling this thing the "chinese virus" is nothing but purely racist and xenophobic. I can speak to this, because while I am not a physician, I do hold a medical degree (probably should change my name to Kriterion_MD haha).

The name of this virus is COVID-19, thats the scientific name. Just like homo sapien is the scientific name of our species. Regardless, the name of the virus does not affect its pathogenecity, its virulence, disease prognosis, or the course of management in any way. Thus there is no utilitarian benefit to calling this the "chinese virus". The only benefit is short term political to pander to a group of narrow-minded bigots, most of whom are so under-educated that when this virus wrecks the global economy, they will be hard hit without receiving the "entitlements" that they claim to hate so much.

Here is what will actually help to slow the doom:

1) Stay at home. Only venture out to get essential supplies.
2) Listen to your respective medical authorities advice. In most countries, your political leaders will take sound medical advice and advise you accordingly.
3) Stock up on enough supplies to last 2-4 weeks, but don't buy everything. Other people need to eat and take shits too.
4) Wash your hands with soap and water.
5) If you can't, alcohol based hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol by volume is the next best thing.
6) Cover your mouth when sneezing and coughing.
7) Don't touch your face unless you've washed your hands. And when you do touch your face, wash your hands afterwards because you may be an asympotmatic carrier.

All common sense practices. That will see us through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)