Corona

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Corona

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:13 pm
I wasn’t wishing perspiration upon them, that’s a fate worse than death.
Googly wrote: most of whom are past their sell by date anyway.
Couldn't find the post where you used the word perspire, but this seems about right too...

I find this "triggered the left" funny. When people are concerned, the reaction now is to laugh and go, "hahaha, the left are triggered". Have we no value of humanity anymore. Manson was right when he says we have a crisis of character.

Trumps rhetoric has led to the largest infections in the world and more deaths than there should be. When the right was 'triggered' over Ebola, only 2 people in the US died from it. Trump is doing a far worse job about it and all the right can say is, "hahah, they are triggered".

The left are not triggered. They are concerned about actual governance and support rather than a dick measuring contest.
Googly wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:09 pm
https://www.facebook.com/12441163423612 ... 2750/?vh=e

I like this guy, calm rational thought amidst the hysteria.
Also, this voice of reason is not really. He compares Corona to drinking and smoking. Let's be serious. Drinking and smoking are choices that people make themselves. So is eating an unhealthy lifestyle. I'm not endorsing smoking and drinking or an unhealthy lifestyle, but Corona is not a choice. Too much talk in this video about "freedom as US citizens" but no actual points or facts, and also a lot of personal opinion. As for his point about Sweden, they have had issues with more deaths than recoveries.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:25 am
How is a lockdown the result of social distancing? What are you talking about? You’re actually arguing against yourself, do you use a mirror when this happens?
The purpose of the lockdown is not to strangle the economy. Its to ensure people with the virus stay away from people without the virus. Very simple concept. Social distancing mandates that when this is what "opening the economy up" looks like in New York City for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBSe0blPRno
Death by heart stoppage I guess is cardiac arrest and last time I checked I fekkin promise you it will kill you. :lol:
Plenty of people have survived a cardiac arrest. In fact, millions of people have. Ever heard of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_G0-jBVH8

On the other hand, you don't surive death. Thats kinda why its called death and why cardiac arrest is called arrest. An arrest is reversible by that gadget pictured above. Death is not reversible.

For a slightly more detailed description of the medical standard for death please refer to the following:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5570697/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

To reitierate, all of my former classmates - many of them brilliant medical students scoring above the 90th percentile on the USMLE - all of them are imploring people on their facebook pages to stay at home. That is keep things closed. As someone who is NOT a practicing physician, it is a great disservice to denigrate my friends as "dubious" just because they are following what the data tells them. Are they always correct? Surely not. But do they always give unbiased advice to the best of their abilities? Absolutely.

When the top authorities like Dr Fauci and Dr Adams agree with them, thats enough evidence for me.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kriterion- now you’re stating that I’ve called all your brilliant liberal doctor friends dubious, I never said that either. Wait a few days and many of them will be professionally suggesting something else, and for the last time - if they were based here they’d know lockdown is not feasible, but I’m sure many would be advocating it anyway, common sense and education aren’t always inclusive, you’re testimony to that. You’re going to make me keel over with a cerebral perfusion if you keep labouring the death thing.

Zimbo you used the term perspire, not me. :lol:
The rabid left are far more hell bent on using this crisis to their advantage to try and blame Trump than they are in offering any kinds of solutions so that’s just a straight lie you’ve told there, right up to the point where they withheld critical funding for a week to push their agenda, they’re actually despicable.
Comparing the containment of a relatively uncommunicable disease like Ebola to Covid19 to try and prove how useless Trump is exactly proves my point about triggered lefties doesn’t it? Americans will judge his guilt in November, it’s going to sting you guys :lol: .
Stating that the deaths from smoking and drinking which result in infinitely more deaths, crimes and social and health issues is entirely relevant, whether they’re choices or not, the outcomes are actually worse, they’ve just become the acceptable norm. We search for facts and opinions to help us establish our own. People have lost all perspective, the long term damage to societies with these extended lockdowns will be way way worse, let’s compare Sweden’s numbers down the road, not now- after all that’s the route they’ve decided to take and the real long term outcomes can’t be ascertained now, doesn’t stop you from trying to push your own opinion though, does it?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:59 am
Kriterion- now you’re stating that I’ve called all your brilliant liberal doctor friends dubious, I never said that either. Wait a few days and many of them will be professionally suggesting something else, and for the last time - if they were based here they’d know lockdown is not feasible, but I’m sure many would be advocating it anyway, common sense and education aren’t always inclusive, you’re testimony to that. You’re going to make me keel over with a cerebral perfusion if you keep labouring the death thing.
Pathophysiology is not going anywhere. The fact of the matter is that cerebral perfusion is the key determinant of life. Has nothing to do with the heart stopping. You don't die because your heart stopped. You die because your brain hasn't gotten oxygen as a result of your heart stopping. A stopped heart can beat again. Happens all the time.

The most important things are that we have to fundamentally alter the way we do things in America (some of these are already practiced by other developed nations):

- universal healthcare
- universal basic income - the grocery workers who are working right now are proving how invaluable they are
- bring all emergency/essential manufacturing back to the states - will cost 4x more but that cost should be born by the companies, not the consumer
- let physicians, not MBAs run hospitals and all things concerning patient care

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:59 am

The rabid left are far more hell bent on using this crisis to their advantage to try and blame Trump than they are in offering any kinds of solutions so that’s just a straight lie you’ve told there, right up to the point where they withheld critical funding for a week to push their agenda, they’re actually despicable.
Comparing the containment of a relatively uncommunicable disease like Ebola to Covid19 to try and prove how useless Trump is exactly proves my point about triggered lefties doesn’t it? Americans will judge his guilt in November, it’s going to sting you guys :lol: .
Stating that the deaths from smoking and drinking which result in infinitely more deaths, crimes and social and health issues is entirely relevant, whether they’re choices or not, the outcomes are actually worse, they’ve just become the acceptable norm. We search for facts and opinions to help us establish our own. People have lost all perspective, the long term damage to societies with these extended lockdowns will be way way worse, let’s compare Sweden’s numbers down the road, not now- after all that’s the route they’ve decided to take and the real long term outcomes can’t be ascertained now, doesn’t stop you from trying to push your own opinion though, does it?
Just the way you talk though says everything you need to know. You call the left all kinds of names but then when they fight back, you get upset. I will be calling the right some names in my post, but you are a big boy. You'll be fine.

The left has been all about solutions, at least here in Aus. America is a whole different game where the rule of law no longer exists, in saying that, I have seen the left offering way more solutions than the right. They did not withhold critical funding, they wanted to amend the bill so that it protected everyone and not just a select few. With the US, common sense died out years ago, and the regard for human life ended after World War 2.

I compare Ebola to Covid because of how the right are pretentious little pricks about the whole thing. They ridiculed Obama and called him all kinds of names and carried on like the petulant little children that they are, but now with Covid, Trump is doing an amazing job and should be awarded prizes. It's beyond laughable now. It's scary how the right carries on. If anything it's a complete lack of regard for humanity. Americans will probably vote for him again, not because of how he has handled the situation, but because that country is a failed state. You only need to see how many of Trumps supporters do not actually care what he says or does. He could kill a baby deer in front of them and say he didn't do it, and they would believe him. He has lied countless times that it makes no difference to them now.

You can't say that shutting down is terrible and wont have an effect on peoples health. It clearly will in the US because it is. It has been proven in places like China, Japan, Korea, SIngapore, Italy, Spain, UK too. Even here in Aus we have had our issues with failure to implement proper shutdown practices.

The argument about the economy is flawed. Stating deaths from smoking and alcohol is not irrelevant. It is the point your video made. I am merely refuting the claim because the claim that video makes is not comparable. It does not compute to this disease, because this disease, unlike smoking and alcohol, is not a choice. I could catch Covid from someone else through no fault of my own However, if someone is smoking, I can choose not to be in the room with them.

I am not pushing any agenda. I am using facts. It's there for everyone to see. I don't have an agenda to push. If I did, it would be about peoples wellbeing. In Aus, fortunately we have some good economic stability packages. I hate our government, but I acknowledge what they have done. The reason the US is complaining about the economy is because the government refuses to give the people a cent. They see them as commodities rather than humans. You just refuse to accept them because they don't fit the economic agenda. Sweden has had more deaths than recoveries. No need to look at tomorrow or next week. Look at now and fix the problem now. Same with Zim. Look at the problem and fix it now.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t agree with either of you on most things. I listened to Shapiro’s daily podcast and he has similar opinions. Kriterion I thought about your lame liberal over-educated medical peers today with their smug and misplaced superiority complexes because they’re not from the Bible Belt and any of them advocating continued lockdown as a nationwide policy are in fact dubious quacks and nobody will be paying much attention to them in a couple of weeks.
I’m sure Shapiro gets you both scrambling for your Antifa masks and I’ve put a link here for anyone else who may want to listen to what he had to say today, I thought it was on point. https://www.facebook.com/officialbensha ... 0046/?vh=e,

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:37 pm
I don’t agree with either of you on most things. I listened to Shapiro’s daily podcast and he has similar opinions. Kriterion I thought about your lame liberal over-educated medical peers today with their smug and misplaced superiority complexes because they’re not from the Bible Belt and any of them advocating continued lockdown as a nationwide policy are in fact dubious quacks and nobody will be paying much attention to them in a couple of weeks.
I’m sure Shapiro gets you both scrambling for your Antifa masks and I’ve put a link here for anyone else who may want to listen to what he had to say today, I thought it was on point. https://www.facebook.com/officialbensha ... 0046/?vh=e,
I’ve stopped paying attention to BS after he got violated in all 3 holes in that debate vs Cenk Uygur.

He was even more embarrassingly shredded in a debate on theology by the atheist Sam Harris. And I’m not even an atheist.

The left-right split can be summarized most simple in this way: liberals don’t want bad things to happen. Conservatives just don’t want bad things to happen to them.

Googly

Post by Googly »

How could you possibly believe that Shapiro lost that debate to Uygur? :lol: He wiped the floor with him. I don’t buy into his religious stuff at all and nobody can adequately defend a faith based religion. Harris is not as impressive as Hitchens in dismantling Islam, Judaism or Christianity, but then nobody is, except he did get owned by Galloway once.
He made valid points today and he often does, he’s an uber smart, albeit moderately irritating guy and I listen to him a lot. He’s saying exactly what I am about Covid, we’ve only got a few weeks to wait to see because they’re not enforcing this lockdown for much longer anywhere in the world- maybe England.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Reagan- If Fascism ever comes to America it will come in the name of liberalism.
We’re about to enter a period of conservative politics in most first world countries, about time too.