Corona

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Corona

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:06 am
I think there’s a bit of confusion in that you keep referring to Australian politics, which I don’t know anything about, nor their news channels or the hosts.
I think FOX is probably MSM in America by now because their viewership has increased so dramatically. There’s only so many times even the most moderate person can switch on CNN and listen to Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon before you start praying that they have a car accident, those two would turn Gandhi into a Nazi.
I haven’t watched NewsCorp and as I said we don’t get Fox but the more radical CNN, SKY, BBC become the more the right news channels will gain traction.
For sure the news is supposed to be there to make people accountable, but they spend every minute hysterically bashing Trump, who has not done a bad job.
Hi latest offering has been to cut US funding to WHO, which I think is bloody fantastic. Let’s see what climbs out of the woodwork there now.
You can’t seriously be blaming right wing news channels for the Democrats failure to find someone better than Bernie, Biden or Pelosi? I’m afraid they’re the best you’re going to find because they’re an agglomeration of people that are professional blood suckers. They’re so useless that Bernie doesn’t even like them.
The biggest fraud of them all was actually Obama, he could actually speak so managed to hide his extremely radical views. I sincerely hope Shapiro gets his day in court with him.
Hahahah. There is no confusion. The same person who owns FOX in America owns majority of the media in Aus. It is the same agenda, only the Americans are way more extreme. If you have watched FOX, you have watched NewsCorp. CNN, SKY and BBC are not radical. They are normal, but seem radical because they don't fit a narrative that has been championed by so called journalists who were too bad to get a normal job, and were lucky social media came along. Also, BBC is majority conservative so that destroys your case of them being left wing. One of the BBCs biggest conservative supporters actually shut down Shapiro very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VixqvOcK8E

If someone makes Gandhi seem extreme, that would mean that they are inherently good...?

Trump has not done a bad job? The facts would beg to differ. When the media holds him accountable, then you bark up and say, "blah blah MSM is triggered, and blah blah the left is so bad". Great fucking idea. Cut funding to world health. Let more people suffer. Human life has no value any more i guess. Might as well fund the military more and more. The man blatantly lied and the right would still back him. He fired the whole Pandemic team and replaced them with idiots and look at the shit show of deaths that the US is facing. Don't give me that bullshit that it is hysterical bashing.

I'm not blaming the media for the left wing fails, nor am i saying the left is perfect, but I am saying the media can influence the vote. There is enough evidence to prove that.

Bernie is awesome (but thats my personal view), so are soo many of the other members of the Democratic party. Again, if you actually realised how big a role the right wing media plays in influencing minds and the vote, you would realise that this is probably not the Democratic parties choice on who runs. I'm trying to be basic in my discussion and not get in to the technicalities of how the media operates. Which sane person chooses to pay thousands for a basic right like health care, over free health care. Which sane person decides that students should not have rights, and that to have basic access to things like water and housing should be a privilege and not a right.

Googly

Post by Googly »

When two people watch something like that Shapiro Neil interview and come away with completely opposing views as to how it ended then you know consensus on most things is unlikely. Shapiro has two chinks in his armour, his views on abortion and his extremely pro Orthodox Judaism and lo and behold all Andrew Neil did was head for his Achilles heel because he’d have nothing else, cheap journalism at its best.

Googly

Post by Googly »

He’s cutting funding to WHO to shake the tree. It’s clear as day that cents in the dollar are going towards World Health and that China have undue influence. He’s the only guy that’s onto China’s ambitions and prepared to do anything about it.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:13 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:57 am

I'm agreeing with a lot of stuff you are saying but saying Cenk beat Shapiro? Lol he got smoked by Ben.
BS has a very simple playbook. He's like that tailender who can swat good length balls to cow corner, and when you look at the scorecard you think "75 of 80...hmmm this guy can bat!" Shapiro doesn't say anything different than Sean Hannity or Tomi Lahren or Tucker Carlson. So why does he get all the hype? My answer is because of his demeanor. He sounds like a know-it-all and that creates the illusion that he's an informed authority when he's just a young guy with an opinion just like Tomi Lahren.
This is my opinion of these guys, whom I can only watch through YouTube as this the isn't broadcast in both Australia and Eastern Europe.

Tomi is ok, but like a typical female she speaks more from emotion.
Hannity I don't know much about.

Shapiro is very very sharp and logical. He is definitely no idiot. He does have a shock and awe tactic to him though, his high intellect and talking speed (a sign of intelligence) makes it very difficult to come back across. My criticism of him is I think his underlying agenda is support of Israel. Which I have an issue with. Fox in general I consider controlled opposition.

Tucker.... he is my negro! I have a lot of time for him. He has a great grasp of common sense and can understand both the elite and the common man. When he speaks I am engaged in what he has to say. He doesn't always agree with Trump or the right. He is a fan of Andrew Yang, but he can see and pick out the stupidity of the left, and yes, Googly is 100 percent right that the left have generally gone batshit insane. Smart moderate lefties, Gervais, that gay dude on YouTube who made the video 'why I left the left' and joe Hildebrand the Aussie journalist, are being eaten by their own and pretty much are considered conservative now. It's a race who can virtue signal and last year I started to see signs that far lefties are even eating far lefties. They are hating for Ellen DeGeneres blood now, and I saw a ridiculous twitter exchange between Alyssa Milano and a tranny who were trying to avoid gender pronouns and it got messy.
Whereas Tucker even has the balls to question, on National TB, concepts like 'diversity is our strength' . Which it absolutely isn't.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:42 am
When two people watch something like that Shapiro Neil interview and come away with completely opposing views as to how it ended then you know consensus on most things is unlikely. Shapiro has two chinks in his armour, his views on abortion and his extremely pro Orthodox Judaism and lo and behold all Andrew Neil did was head for his Achilles heel because he’d have nothing else, cheap journalism at its best.
Please don't try to question me on the roles and systems of Journalism. The whole point of the interview, which the interviewer mentioned as well, was to address the points Shapiro had brought up and to bring about the opposing side so as to better understand Shapiro. The interviewer followed a process of proper journalism. He did not just focus on one topic. He focussed on different ones. The green new deal etc. The moment Shapiro got questioned on one of his views, he went on the offensive and attacked the interviewer calling him a lefty and so on.

The interviewer is not a lefty. He is a Conservative and basically just showed how when the right gets triggered, they just cry foul and claim that everyone hates them. They hate being challenged. They hate having their views opposed.

He took umbrage with someone on the same side. A Conservative. An outspoken right winger. It just proves that the right in America don't care about side, It's all about me me me.

Every media professional worth his weight will tell you that Neil did his job and did it well and that Shapiro was found out. That is Shapiros fear, being found out. Hence, his needless and overt aggression.

Oh my word, Joe HIldebrand...please, don't speak of what you don't know Doggy. Pretty sure you present racist views and misogyny.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If you think that was good journalism by Andrew Nel you’ve set the bar pretty low. :lol:. It sounded like he was trying to get a job on Hard Talk!
As Shapiro pointed out he was being attacked for views he’d expressed nearly 8 years prior to that, the wanker couldn’t even find a current topic :lol:
There was no intent of discourse and Shapiro figured that out immediately.
BBC is far from being a conservative news channel, by the way. That Nel is a strange one, has a mix of both in him and he’s also bright, but what a pompous twat.
Journalists like him were responsible for some outright lies being peddled about Zim/Rhodesia during independence, opinion based “journalism” as Shapiro rightfully pointed out.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:38 am
Jemisi wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:01 pm
Lockdown in the West and lockdown in Zim are very different.
India is not in the West. Nor is Israel. They have very strict lockdowns. Arguably stricter than the US.
???. I think you missed my meaning there mate.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:23 am
If you think that was good journalism by Andrew Nel you’ve set the bar pretty low. :lol:. It sounded like he was trying to get a job on Hard Talk!
As Shapiro pointed out he was being attacked for views he’d expressed nearly 8 years prior to that, the wanker couldn’t even find a current topic :lol:
There was no intent of discourse and Shapiro figured that out immediately.
BBC is far from being a conservative news channel, by the way. That Nel is a strange one, has a mix of both in him and he’s also bright, but what a pompous twat.
Journalists like him were responsible for some outright lies being peddled about Zim/Rhodesia during independence, opinion based “journalism” as Shapiro rightfully pointed out.
Or just your view of what is actual journalism and what is obscured and wrong. Fyi, sitting at home and posting a video on Facebook is not journalism.

It was not just about views 8 years ago, it was about views the whole time. In saying that, you bring up a view someone had 8 years ago to see if they still hold it, which is what Neill was trying to do and discuss it because the topic was relevant to the time of the interview. They don't interview Shapiro as often, so they don't have the choice of not bringing up certain topics. Every person being interviewed knows this. It's Journalism 101. Not from some made up school of journalism, but in every single journalism degree.

BBC is not a Conservative channel, it shouldn't be, but it has a lot of Conservatives in positions of control. Wow, he is a pompous twat because he can see reason in both sides, thanks fore proving my point about the right.

Your last point about Rhodesia, again, thanks for proving my point about the right.

It's quite clear that reason will not be heard in this discussion so I'll let you get back to spouting false about Corona, the left, Muslims, and whatever other group you hate.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:56 am
Oh my word, Joe HIldebrand...please, don't speak of what you don't know Doggy. Pretty sure you present racist views and misogyny.
Explain?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:02 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:56 am
Explain?
You highlight Joe as if he is the pinnacle of journalism in Aus. He appears on a day time show that has an audience of people who have retired and stay at home moms. His segments are about things like, "How to get your dog out of the house" and he writes articles for a newspaper claiming to understand political landscape, yet does so without facts and backing to his case.

Most people in Aus are not aware of Joe, but also his reputation is his own doing. He has often come out with wrong information to back up a claim and spoken about something only to flip on it as quick as he could.