Corona

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Corona

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:31 pm
I have a genuine question.

When and why did lockdown and anti lockdown become a left and right wing thing?

I'm pretty right wing but I like the fact the borders aren't flooded. And I think lockdowns (where it's workable) is sane and best for health.

Aus, NZ, the Baltic states are now safe zones because they squashed that shit out.keeping it like that can only be from border protection. Always a right wing stance I thought?

But I am getting exhausted on every issue being slotted into two teams.
I think politics always gets in the way when it comes to matters of national interest. It's evident that the protests in the US are in states with Dem governors. Trump empowering those protests and urging it on would automatically create an issue of political divide.

Like you say though, border protection is essentially a right wing policy. Which makes it all the more insane that the right win in America are well against this.

Outside of the US, no one side from what I can tell has been at the others throats in relation to closing the borders and instituting lock downs. Its been an agreed upon issue. Issues that have caused some divide are things like JobKeeper payments, or what is an is not an essential business. For Australia specifically, the Ruby Princess debacle.

The US on the other hand are a complete and utter shit show. If a Dem person sneezes, then all the republicans jump on them and claim that Dems invented Covid. If a Republic farts, then the Dems will say he is contributing to green house gases. They have to blame the other because they no longer can do for themselves. Their is so much self-interest, particularly for Trump, that he can never accept fault of work with another person. He has an inflated ego that has passed down to his supporters and they now believe themselves to be above the law. The way some of those protests treated medical workers, police, emergency services is abhorrent, yet it got flying colours from the President. That then makes it a political issue because his politics is getting in the way of the country dealing with the problem, people doing their jobs, and the curve flattening.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:10 am

If you think there are no valid reasons against a lockdown you truly are an idiot. People need to eat, work, live.
It would appear as though the global lockdown is pissing you off...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I would repeat that the lockdown in Zim is different.

In Australia it has been largely orderly, necessary and successful with mostly bipartisan support.

In Zim it is a shambles.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

In the UK it’s equally as shambolic. Brits are incredibly arrogant and entitled

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

Your comment "In the UK it’s equally as shambolic. Brits are incredibly arrogant and entitled" would do credit to one of Donald Trump's farcial statements

I've seen no evidence whatsoever and I live here

This is our equivalent of WW 3 and name me a country in the world that was 100% prepared for this and hasn't made a mistake. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Yes there are a few idiots who will still do whatever they like and ignore the lockdown - but 99.9% of people are obeying it and are a credit to themselves and the country

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

In Australia, NZ and where I'm residing in Europe the Corona hug is all but squashed. All countries above is getting ten or less cases a day and not many deaths. Life is almost back to normal.

In UK and the USA I feel for ya. Don't know what to do to handle it. It is Past a certain point it seems. I'd hate to be an older fat guy with diabetes right now there. I don't know how you can stop it without extreme measures.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

robbocricket wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:20 am
Your comment "In the UK it’s equally as shambolic. Brits are incredibly arrogant and entitled" would do credit to one of Donald Trump's farcial statements

This is our equivalent of WW 3 and name me a country in the world that was 100% prepared for this and hasn't made a mistake. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Yes there are a few idiots who will still do whatever they like and ignore the lockdown - but 99.9% of people are obeying it and are a credit to themselves and the country
That made me laugh, comparing me to Trump :lol:
Brits are entitled and arrogant, and if you don't understand that then you probably belong in that bracket too.
To say 99.9% of us are sticking are obeying and are a credit to the country is equally as laughable. You only need to do your daily exercise and there are countless kids on bikes, I see groups of adults all walking together, the public transport is nothing short of a joke (in terms of being in close proximity with others) and don't even get me started with the supermarkets. People don't see to have any spacial awareness.

We're one of the worst effected countries in Europe, but of course we're abiding by the rules that have been set... :lol:

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

There's no way 99.9 percent of brits are bunkering down 10 clover field lane style. No ones that disciplined.

Even in Oz, where it's worked, cubts have been going to ten beach, partying, drinking and where they are able, living their life. The only reason why the streets were t filled is police were draconian in charging and fining people loitering so a lot stayed back for their wallet, but even then that was still 80% on good behaviour.

Britain is spreading like wildfire so there's no way 99 percent are indoors. I'm just playing mathematics in saying it's most likely a 60-75% adherence rate.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:39 pm
Britain is spreading like wildfire so there's no way 99 percent are indoors. I'm just playing mathematics in saying it's most likely a 60-75% adherence rate.
I'm getting more and more angrier by the day seeing absolute ass wipes walking round without a care in the world, like nothing is going on.
I've lost a family member to the virus and the death toll is rising more and more, on a daily basis. 627 deaths yesterday, and that figure will absolutely have been downsized. The country does indeed need to get back on its feet but to say that people can sun bath and play basketball (why the fuck not cricket?!) is like telling people they can go to large gatherings and concerts; the British are, as I've already said, unbelievably entitled and will take it too far if given even an inch of loosened freedom. My Mrs is diabetic and she's a teacher so I'm worried sick for her.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

sloandog wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:31 pm
robbocricket wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:20 am

That made me laugh, comparing me to Trump :lol:
Brits are entitled and arrogant, and if you don't understand that then you probably belong in that bracket too.
To say 99.9% of us are sticking are obeying and are a credit to the country is equally as laughable. You only need to do your daily exercise and there are countless kids on bikes, I see groups of adults all walking together, the public transport is nothing short of a joke (in terms of being in close proximity with others) and don't even get me started with the supermarkets. People don't see to have any spacial awareness.

We're one of the worst effected countries in Europe, but of course we're abiding by the rules that have been set... :lol:
I go out and do daily exerise every day. I never see 'countless kids on bikes' or 'groups of people walking together'. I see plenty of families out and about which is allowed. If what you are saying is what you see all the time then you must be living in a city - it cetainly doesn't apply to the whole country. I suggest you check what's happening here in the towns of northern England. You will find deserted town centres, little traffic, few people on buses and trains (timetables have been massively reduced because nobody is using them). You can walk straight into the main supermarkets most times of the day - limited numbers are allowed in at a time and strict enforcement of keeping your distance if you do have to queue outside. Inside more strict enforcement not least when queueing up to pay.
I will ignore your nonsensical comment as to 'Brits' being 'entitled and arrogant' (whatever that means) with the population being some 60 odd million