Corona

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Corona

Post by zimbos_05 »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:07 am

What's crawling around in your girlie knickers?
Read the posts and you'll see splattered around is discussion on people not shutting down in time, making bad decisions,% of people who will die or survive according to lock down length etc.
My point is simply aimed at these posts that seem to think the virus miraculously was born on 31/12/2019 which denotes how fast or slow decisions ar made to lock down. The virus was out and round the entire world before Xmas.
The rest is is just buggery
Once again Trump got it right but should have stuck to his guns and kept USA open.
\
Nice of you to resort to name calling and childish mannerisms.

I don't think anyone has said it started on 31/12. Again though, it really is a moot point in what you are trying to argue. If anything, it makes your case much weaker because if it was known the virus was out before, then there was more time to act, and yet they still failed.

I don't buy that it was only known about late because in Australia, we were discussing it in October/November and we had no cases at all. Trump also said at the time that he is in close comms with China and he trusts the information he was getting.

But back to your point about Trump getting it right, I mean sure...1.3 million confirmed, 97k plus dead. If we are throwing out all logic and fact (which I guess you are), then sure, he got it right.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:07 am
Kriterion BD Sweden is an astounding success here is some decent reading fro all view points
A very dated article. Here's one from Forbes dated May 23: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuacohe ... 87e66e2dcd

Sweden having the highest per capita death rate would seem to discredit any notion contrary to strict lockdowns. Sweden has about twice the population of Denmark, Finland, and Norway but about 8x, 13x, and 16x the deaths of those fellow Scandanavian nations.

At some point the world may have no choice but to open up and just let the weak succumb in the best interests of everyone else. But that time is still a far way away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... attendance

There was a question earlier about why everything has to be a right vs left issue. Apart from that being human nature and the nature of political ideology (which is just as rigid as religion btw), a contributing factor is having political leaders who make everything about politics. In this instance its not a public health concern to not have 20 or 30 thousand people crammed into a stadium, but a political one from a left wing governor.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

But back to your point about Trump getting it right, I mean sure...1.3 million confirmed, 97k plus dead. If we are throwing out all logic and fact (which I guess you are), then sure, he got it right.
Please read my posts it's very hard to educate otherwise. The deaths are hyperinflated because hospitals get more from insurance. :roll:
And the deaths are WITH covid not FROM covid. If we had to count the deaths of people with E.COLI it'd be 100%.

In 2009 swine flu pandemic in USA had 60million CONFIRMED not the measley 1.3million figure you mention. No lock down in 2009 and 12k deaths....because the reporting of deaths was legitimate then and no extra dosh given for a swine flu case.

However i feel you are unteachable and will believe the narrative that makes you feel happy.. so carry on ignorance really is bliss.

Kriterion things shouldn't be left or right, but simply right or wrong. However the western world has lost the ability to critique, assess and analyse.

They'd rather read headlines and make up in their heads the narrative and when challenged cry name calling is mean like the marshmallow they have become. Then in the same breath hypocritically name call back by calling people childish whilst acting a poor snowflake victim
Man up Zimbo_05 reclaim your spine and your balls :W: :W: :W:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:01 am

Please read my posts it's very hard to educate otherwise. The deaths are hyperinflated because hospitals get more from insurance. :roll:
And the deaths are WITH covid not FROM covid. If we had to count the deaths of people with E.COLI it'd be 100%.
E coli is normal flora, COVID is not.

This conspiracy theory can easily be proven wrong if someone actually lives in the US and knows how insurance companies work. They don't want to pay anything ever. The average doctor in the US spends 15-20 hours a week on "paperwork". That is filling out needlessly complicated insurance forms because the underwriters have created a system where patients will pay $200 a month premiums for health insurance which ends up not covering anything. This is what medical insurance has become. There is no way they will just give hospitals money for checking the COVID box on a form. For 100,000 people and counting.

When you have previously stable patients - ie their diabetes, hypertension, COPD, congestive heart failure, CKD are well managed - and they suddenly show up to the hospital in record numbers and die within days despite optimal treatment and they are found to be COVID+ the only logical conclusion is that COVID killed them.

If its not COVID thats killing them, why haven't hospitals and morgues been filled with diabetes deaths or heart attacks before March 2020? Why weren't morgues and funeral homes in NYC running out of space before COVID pandemic?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/29/nyre ... virus.html

But here's the bottom line: the actual doctors in the hospitals are all in agreement that COVID has killed 100,000 in the US. Unless you are an pathologist or a medical examiner who has performed an autopsy on these bodies, you can't know what these people died from.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I doubt many of the Governors seeking lockdowns really care about saving lives or even think the questionable practice of lockdowns is effective. They know that the only way to defeat Trump is to drive the economy off a cliff. If Joe "can't remember his wife from his sister" Biden is elected things will open up again very rapidly.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:01 am

In 2009 swine flu pandemic in USA had 60million CONFIRMED not the measley 1.3million figure you mention. No lock down in 2009 and 12k deaths....because the reporting of deaths was legitimate then and no extra dosh given for a swine flu case.

However i feel you are unteachable and will believe the narrative that makes you feel happy.. so carry on ignorance really is bliss.

Kriterion things shouldn't be left or right, but simply right or wrong. However the western world has lost the ability to critique, assess and analyse.

They'd rather read headlines and make up in their heads the narrative and when challenged cry name calling is mean like the marshmallow they have become. Then in the same breath hypocritically name call back by calling people childish whilst acting a poor snowflake victim
Man up Zimbo_05 reclaim your spine and your balls :W: :W: :W:
I know asking you to not resort to degradation of another individual particularly as you do not know their education and knowledge is a difficult task for you, but I suppose that happens when you listen to Infowars.

I definitely read your posts, unfortunately, but just because I think differently to you does not mean I do not read. This whole idea that hospitals get money is a problem in itself. It clearly goes to show that the American system is broken that hospitals have to fudge numbers just to get funding. I'm not saying the numbers are fudged, I believe them to be real, but the theory points to a much bigger picture of a broken and flawed American health care system that you and Trump would so diligently fight against to fix.

We cannot compare Covid to other diseases for the simple fact that there is no cure for Covid as opposed to the others. This is why isolation is so important. People have died from this disease and we cannot simply continue to carry on as per normal knowing that we have no way of treating this disease as quickly as we can others. The worse thing is that people are dying due to the negligence of others. There is a difference between ones freedom and abuse of your privilege.

The amazing thing in a lot of this is the irony. Claim they are not following the herd and have your own views, but as soon as someone has an opposing view, then they can't handle that objection. It has to be their way or now way, which would then make them the herd... Claim to be fighting for your freedoms, but fail to understand that they are imposing on the freedom of billions through their actions. Claim to be backing a man who fights for the lower classes, yet he is a multi-billionaire who plays golf at private resorts during a pandemic. Claim to be standing up for democracy when in actual fact their ideas and views are more akin to fascism. They are so far in to their own loop that they no longer know what their loop actually is.

Anyway jimmy, we should probably get back to knocking down those 5G towers..

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:24 pm
I doubt many of the Governors seeking lockdowns really care about saving lives or even think the questionable practice of lockdowns is effective. They know that the only way to defeat Trump is to drive the economy off a cliff. If Joe "can't remember his wife from his sister" Biden is elected things will open up again very rapidly.
Some governors for sure. A governor recently states that wearing masks and getting other people sick is apparently a constitutional right.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

What science has the hysteria-driven lockdown crowd followed? A couple of projections that have proven to be way off?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 2U6zTVwCoA
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CNN reports some semi positive news.

Georgia which is one of the earliest states to reopen and did so fairly aggressively has NOT had a spike in cases, as logic would have predicted. They have had a steady increase but not an accelerated one.

Perhaps bodes well for global recovery.