[DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yup, I was right. The two names I was toying with were Rawson and Rogers. I was sure whichever I'd pick, you'd pick the other. I too rate Rogers highly. Hmm, now the difficult task of fixing my top order...

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

OK, my pick #30 is Charles Coventry. I'm yet to decide whether I'll open with him or have him down the order for acceleration with Elton, but will go for him for sure. If not for so many stop starts, who knows what he could have become? And he averages pretty much the same as Vusi (24) but with much higher strike rate (88 vs 63). Has a higher List A average than Vusi too. And can help relieve Houghton off glove work occasionally if necessary.
Kriterion_BD: (#1) Heath Streak, (#8) Guy Whittall, (#9) Alistair Campbell, (#16) Craig Ervine, (#17) Kyle Jarvis, (#24) Stuart Carlisle, (#25) Hamilton Masakadza

eugene: (#2) Andy Flower, (#7) Murray Goodwin, (#10) Andy Blignaut, (#15) Paul Strang, (#18) Tatenda Taibu, (#23) Duncan Fletcher, (#26) Tendai Chatara

CrimsonAvenger: (#3) Grant Flower, (#6) David Houghton, (#11) Eddo Brandes, (#14) Elton Chigumbura, (#19) Sean Williams, (#22) Ray Price, (#27) Peter Rawson, (#30) Charles Coventry

jaybro: (#4) Brendan Taylor, (#5) Neil Johnson, (#12) Sean Ervine, (#13) Graeme Cremer, (#20) Sikander Raza, (#21) Kevin Curran, (#28 Barney Rogers, (#29) Henry Olonga

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Wow wild card selection there CA; I did have my eye on him for my finisher role down at 7 but wasn’t going to spend a higher pick on him.

I feel Kriterion had his eye on him as his keeper? This will almost certainly leave him with Regis or Mutumbami or maybe Murray?

Eugene is now left with a few options to open his batting; if I did indeed pick Vusi & Rogers and Crimson took let’s say Craig Wishart there wouldn’t have been many options left
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:40 am
Yup, I was right. The two names I was toying with were Rawson and Rogers. I was sure whichever I'd pick, you'd pick the other. I too rate Rogers highly. Hmm, now the difficult task of fixing my top order...
We are very much on the same wave length CA

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

You would be shocked at the names I'm now having to consider for the remaining 3 slots. These are people who have left us cringing, and that they should never play for Zim again kind of guys, but well, we are left with such folks now. I'm sure others are in the same boat too...

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:58 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:40 am
We are very much on the same wave length CA
Looks like that!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:00 am
You would be shocked at the names I'm now having to consider for the remaining 3 slots. These are people who have left us cringing, and that they should never play for Zim again kind of guys, but well, we are left with such folks now. I'm sure others are in the same boat too...
Yes it's crazy; guys with career averages in the low 20's are all that's left

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:13 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:00 am
Yes it's crazy; guys with career averages in the low 20's are all that's left
There's some names being missed then. I can think of at least 3 guys off the top of my head I would not hesitate to pick.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

With pick 31 I choose Vusi Sibanda. I was tempted to go with Wishart but ultimately I think Vusi is more talented and he did score 21 half-centuries in ODI cricket compared with 5 for Wishart.

Kriterion_BD: (#1) Heath Streak, (#8) Guy Whittall, (#9) Alistair Campbell, (#16) Craig Ervine, (#17) Kyle Jarvis, (#24) Stuart Carlisle, (#25) Hamilton Masakadza

eugene: (#2) Andy Flower, (#7) Murray Goodwin, (#10) Andy Blignaut, (#15) Paul Strang, (#18) Tatenda Taibu, (#23) Duncan Fletcher, (#26) Tendai Chatara, (#31) Vusi Sibanda

CrimsonAvenger: (#3) Grant Flower, (#6) David Houghton, (#11) Eddo Brandes, (#14) Elton Chigumbura, (#19) Sean Williams, (#22) Ray Price, (#27) Peter Rawson, (#30) Charles Coventry

jaybro: (#4) Brendan Taylor, (#5) Neil Johnson, (#12) Sean Ervine, (#13) Graeme Cremer, (#20) Sikander Raza, (#21) Kevin Curran, (#28) Barney Rogers, (#29) Henry Olonga

My lineup:
1. Vusi Sibanda
3. Murray Goodwin
4. Andy Flower
6. Tatenda Taibu (w)
7. Duncan Fletcher (c)
8. Andy Blignaut
9. Paul Strang
11. Tendai Chatara
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Kriterion still has a great keeper to select, a world-record holding keeper.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes