[DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Posts: 4571
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 am
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Post by foreignfield » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:43 am

jaybro wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:13 am
Harsh on AC there FF

I'd say as a Test Batsman he underachieved no doubt; but his ODI numbers and his captaincy make him a worthy selection in the top 10
In my mind I'm mainly judging the teams for their Test potential.

User avatar
CrimsonAvenger
Posts: 8412
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 am
Supports: Mountaineers
Location: India

Re: [DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Post by CrimsonAvenger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:48 am

foreignfield wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:43 am
jaybro wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:13 am
Harsh on AC there FF

I'd say as a Test Batsman he underachieved no doubt; but his ODI numbers and his captaincy make him a worthy selection in the top 10
In my mind I'm mainly judging the teams for their Test potential.
This is what I would have loved as well, but BRMT admin is talking about an ODI being played by these teams against Aus at HSC as a baseline for analyzing the team strength. IF not for that, I would have not picked Elton at all :)

foreignfield
Posts: 4571
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 am
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Post by foreignfield » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:37 am

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:48 am
foreignfield wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:43 am
jaybro wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:13 am
Harsh on AC there FF

I'd say as a Test Batsman he underachieved no doubt; but his ODI numbers and his captaincy make him a worthy selection in the top 10
In my mind I'm mainly judging the teams for their Test potential.
This is what I would have loved as well, but BRMT admin is talking about an ODI being played by these teams against Aus at HSC as a baseline for analyzing the team strength. IF not for that, I would have not picked Elton at all :)
Oh, I didn't read that. Explains the lust for power hitters and part-time wicket keepers :)

Mueddie28
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Re: [DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Post by Mueddie28 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:13 pm

jaybro wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:57 am
Ahh I'm really feeling the pain of being at the end of the line when it comes to picks the last round really hurt

For pick 12 I will go for a personal favourite of mine and no it's not Neville Madziva :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pick 12 Sean Ervine, only got a small glimpse of what he was capable of for Zimbabwe, IMO the biggest loss from the Rebel Saga without doubt

Pick 13 Was tough but much the Keeper batsman issue; there are not many quality spinners to pick from, the 3 standouts obviously being Paul Strang, Ray Price and Graeme Cremer. You could look at Utseya for the amount of wickets but his average was awful and he was no doubt a cheat and rat.

It was hard to choose but considering his overall career figures of 211 wickets at 32.5 the most wickets, best average and best strike rate of the four I had to go with Alexander Graeme Cremer with Pick 13
Kriterion_BD: (#1) Heath Streak, (#8) Guy Whittall, (#9) Alistair Campbell
eugene: (#2) Andy Flower, (#7) Murray Goodwin, (#10) Andy Blignaut
CrimsonAvenger: (#3) Grant Flower, (#6) David Houghton, (#11) Eddo Brandes
jaybro: (#4) Brendan Taylor, (#5) Neil Johnson, (12#) Sean Ervine, (13#) Graeme Cremer
Mueddie28 goes with Hami, Taibu wk & Chatara

Mueddie28
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Re: [DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Post by Mueddie28 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:14 pm

Mueddie28 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:13 pm
jaybro wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:57 am
Ahh I'm really feeling the pain of being at the end of the line when it comes to picks the last round really hurt

For pick 12 I will go for a personal favourite of mine and no it's not Neville Madziva :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pick 12 Sean Ervine, only got a small glimpse of what he was capable of for Zimbabwe, IMO the biggest loss from the Rebel Saga without doubt

Pick 13 Was tough but much the Keeper batsman issue; there are not many quality spinners to pick from, the 3 standouts obviously being Paul Strang, Ray Price and Graeme Cremer. You could look at Utseya for the amount of wickets but his average was awful and he was no doubt a cheat and rat.

It was hard to choose but considering his overall career figures of 211 wickets at 32.5 the most wickets, best average and best strike rate of the four I had to go with Alexander Graeme Cremer with Pick 13
Kriterion_BD: (#1) Heath Streak, (#8) Guy Whittall, (#9) Alistair Campbell
eugene: (#2) Andy Flower, (#7) Murray Goodwin, (#10) Andy Blignaut
CrimsonAvenger: (#3) Grant Flower, (#6) David Houghton, (#11) Eddo Brandes
jaybro: (#4) Brendan Taylor, (#5) Neil Johnson, (12#) Sean Ervine, (13#) Graeme Cremer
Mueddie28 goes with Hami, Taibu wk , Raza & Chatara

User avatar
eugene
Posts: 6805
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:31 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Post by eugene » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:05 pm

With an ODI batting average of 22 and a bowling average of 33, Team Eugene selects Paul Strang with pick 15.

Kriterion_BD: (#1) Heath Streak, (#8) Guy Whittall, (#9) Alistair Campbell
eugene: (#2) Andy Flower, (#7) Murray Goodwin, (#10) Andy Blignaut, (#15) Paul Strang
CrimsonAvenger: (#3) Grant Flower, (#6) David Houghton, (#11) Eddo Brandes, (#14) Elton Chigumbura
jaybro: (#4) Brendan Taylor, (#5) Neil Johnson, (#12) Sean Ervine, (#13) Graeme Cremer
The team so far:
1.
2.
3. Murray Goodwin
4. Andy Flower
5.
6.
7.
8. Andy Blignaut
9. Paul Strang
10.
11.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 8313
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Post by jaybro » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:36 pm

eugene wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:05 pm
With an ODI batting average of 22 and a bowling average of 33, Team Eugene selects Paul Strang with pick 15.

Kriterion_BD: (#1) Heath Streak, (#8) Guy Whittall, (#9) Alistair Campbell
eugene: (#2) Andy Flower, (#7) Murray Goodwin, (#10) Andy Blignaut, (#15) Paul Strang
CrimsonAvenger: (#3) Grant Flower, (#6) David Houghton, (#11) Eddo Brandes, (#14) Elton Chigumbura
jaybro: (#4) Brendan Taylor, (#5) Neil Johnson, (#12) Sean Ervine, (#13) Graeme Cremer
The team so far:
1.
2.
3. Murray Goodwin
4. Andy Flower
5.
6.
7.
8. Andy Blignaut
9. Paul Strang
10.
11.
I was very close to picking Strang over Cremer; too be honest there's not much between them, I did have you down for Razor but not a huge surprise you took Strang.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog
Posts: 7636
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: [DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Post by sloandog » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:40 am

Strang all day, he was a fantastic spinner and a very very handy batter.

User avatar
CrimsonAvenger
Posts: 8412
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 am
Supports: Mountaineers
Location: India

Re: [DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Post by CrimsonAvenger » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:04 am

sloandog wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:40 am
Strang all day, he was a fantastic spinner and a very very handy batter.
+1. And I was sure I won't get a chance to pick him.

User avatar
eugene
Posts: 6805
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:31 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [DRAFT 1] Kriterion_BD, eugene, CrimsonAvenger, jaybro

Post by eugene » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 am

I was tempted to go with Ray Price, but Strang's figures are superior and he played against tougher opposition.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests