[Draft 2]: World ODI Teams | 2010 - present

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Draft 2]: World ODI Teams | 2010 - present

Post by foreignfield »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:52 pm
We will do 3 random innings for each player instead of a best of 3 series. That should please everyone.
That would be interesting if somewhat time-consuming playing conditions in real life :lol:

With the random innings calculator per position I should have put Shakib at 3 where he averages 58, twice his av. at no 6. But who would you want to bat for your life at no. 3? I'd still go with Dravid every time. It seems I'm staring at totals below 200 for my team here :lol:

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:09 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:52 pm
We will do 3 random innings for each player instead of a best of 3 series. That should please everyone.
That would be interesting if somewhat time-consuming playing conditions in real life :lol:

With the random innings calculator per position I should have put Shakib at 3 where he averages 58, twice his av. at no 6. But who would you want to bat for your life at no. 3? I'd still go with Dravid every time. It seems I'm staring at totals below 200 for my team here :lol:
Well, who would have thought that Chanderpaul also has way better 2010 stats at no. 3 than at his more customary no. 5 position, where he has only three innings to choose from, i.e. he will have the same score in every draft play-off (not that I'm expecting to feature in more than one match anyway.) In fact it seems as almost every player I drafted (apart from the natural no. 3 Dravid) blossomed at no. 3 in the 2010s: Hafeez 44 vs 33/35 as opener (even more attractive at 5 with 72), even Jacob Oram averages 42 there.

Just out of curiosity: Do you consider openers irrespective of their exact batting positions (one or two)? I think I put Tendular at no. 1 for seniority's sake but find that he never batted there in the 2010s.

I wonder if anyone has gone to the trouble to rearrange their batting furniture according Statsguru's analysis.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

I was tempted to write match reports for the play-offs, but that's become pointless now.
AB to face his first ball ... Steyn bowls, AB goes for the drive, but can only nick it to first slip. A golden duck for the star player and no. one pick ... but wait, here's his ton ... and just after reaching 50 he throws his wicket way as if he was born north of the Limpopo ... and so, Ladies and Gentlemen, he ends his innings with an average of 50,34567 and a strike rate that I can't tell you right now because my head is hurting ... for the rest of the match my colleague the computer will take over ...

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:58 am
Just out of curiosity: Do you consider openers irrespective of their exact batting positions (one or two)? I think I put Tendular at no. 1 for seniority's sake but find that he never batted there in the 2010s.
I wonder if anyone has gone to the trouble to rearrange their batting furniture according Statsguru's analysis.
Hopefully opening position doesn't matter, but if it does I'll swap Finch and Taylor because Taylor's got a better record at 2.

1. Aaron Finch
2. Brendan Taylor
3. Jacques Kallis
4. Steve Smith
5. Michael Clarke
6. Wesley Madhevere
7. MS Dhoni (c/wk)
8. Ravi Jadeja
9. Mitchell Johnson
10. Pat Cummins
11. Josh Hazlewood

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

No opening position doesn't matter. At least not for this Draft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I still don't feel batting positions should matter. When you are compiling all-star teams the batting orders have to be more flexible to fit everyone in.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:05 pm
I still don't feel batting positions should matter. When you are compiling all-star teams the batting orders have to be more flexible to fit everyone in.
Thats also a fair point. So what I'm going to do, instead of 3 random innings, we will do 2 random innings. One just from the position the player was selected, and the other from all positions. I think thats fair and balanced.

rusty17
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by rusty17 »

whats the plan with the bowlers?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

rusty17 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:58 pm
whats the plan with the bowlers?
Generally same plan as the batsmen. Only major difference is bowling position won't be considered like batting position. Just if they seamers or spinners.