Draft 1 Poll

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

Vote for the best XI to compete in an ODI vs Australia at HSC

Poll ended at Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:22 am

eugene XI
7
54%
CrimsonAvenger XI
1
8%
jaybro XI
5
38%
Kriterion_BD XI
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 8537
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Draft 1 Poll

Post by jaybro »

My side would have been very different if it was based on a Test Side; my first two picks would have been Murray Goodwin & Dave Houghton not Neil Johnson & Brendan Taylor
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4771
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Draft 1 Poll

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:20 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:19 am
I think my team had the best bowling lineup. Streak and Jarvis are like the two best test pacemen.
It’s an ODI side mate not a test team
I thought it was an all format side? Naturally, I put more of an emphasis on Test cricket.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

User avatar
CrimsonAvenger
Posts: 8624
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 am
Supports: Mountaineers
Location: India

Re: Draft 1 Poll

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:47 pm
jaybro wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:20 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:19 am
I think my team had the best bowling lineup. Streak and Jarvis are like the two best test pacemen.
It’s an ODI side mate not a test team
I thought it was an all format side? Naturally, I put more of an emphasis on Test cricket.
Well, no wonder my team has no hopes. Neither the draft team builders nor the voters are realizing that this is an ODI side we are picking to beat the Aussies!

foreignfield
Posts: 4774
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 am
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Draft 1 Poll

Post by foreignfield »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:47 pm
jaybro wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:20 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:19 am
I think my team had the best bowling lineup. Streak and Jarvis are like the two best test pacemen.
It’s an ODI side mate not a test team
I thought it was an all format side? Naturally, I put more of an emphasis on Test cricket.
You picked a Test side with Chisoro as the lone spinner :roll:

User avatar
eugene
Posts: 6959
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:31 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Draft 1 Poll

Post by eugene »

I should add that Marillier and Blignaut have a history of playing well against the Aussies in ODI cricket. Chatara is also statistically one of our best ODI bowlers. Sibanda and Vermeulen aren't as shaky up top as some are claiming. And why is everyone overlooking Taibu? He was seriously good, and is worth 20 runs alone as our best keeper.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4771
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Draft 1 Poll

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:54 pm

Well, no wonder my team has no hopes. Neither the draft team builders nor the voters are realizing that this is an ODI side we are picking to beat the Aussies!
OH damn. I totaly forget the rules of the draft!

Wow what an epic fail.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

foreignfield
Posts: 4774
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 am
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Draft 1 Poll

Post by foreignfield »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:31 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:54 pm

Well, no wonder my team has no hopes. Neither the draft team builders nor the voters are realizing that this is an ODI side we are picking to beat the Aussies!
OH damn. I totaly forget the rules of the draft!

Wow what an epic fail.
You were probably too busy working out the mathematico-statistical parameters for Draft 2.

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4771
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Draft 1 Poll

Post by Kriterion_BD »

foreignfield wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:14 pm


You were probably too busy working out the mathematico-statistical parameters for Draft 2.
I was. I am also very unaware of ZIm cricket before 2009 and especially before 2004. Put me at a disadvantage there because I didn't know which players were good when ZIM had their best ODI form.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 8537
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Draft 1 Poll

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:47 pm
jaybro wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:20 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:19 am
I think my team had the best bowling lineup. Streak and Jarvis are like the two best test pacemen.
It’s an ODI side mate not a test team
I thought it was an all format side? Naturally, I put more of an emphasis on Test cricket.
Naturally Kriterion doesn’t read what others write 😄😄😄

I’ve warned you about this before bro 😂😂😂
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mueddie28
Posts: 859
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Re: Draft 1 Poll

Post by Mueddie28 »

eugene wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:37 pm
I should add that Marillier and Blignaut have a history of playing well against the Aussies in ODI cricket. Chatara is also statistically one of our best ODI bowlers. Sibanda and Vermeulen aren't as shaky up top as some are claiming. And why is everyone overlooking Taibu? He was seriously good, and is worth 20 runs alone as our best keeper.
Waiting on u on the draft page

Post Reply