Muyeye

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMFAN

Muyeye

Post by ZIMFAN »

Won Wisden schoolboy cricketer of the year. Some very good previous winners.

Says he wants to play for England. Of course he does. I can't link for some reason but it's out there.

Mueddie28

Re: Muyeye

Post by Mueddie28 »

One would think Hami would go to UK and try and recruit some of this guys...

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:00 pm
I very much doubt ZC have got the money for Masakadza to get a bus to the airport let alone fly to the UK and offer players enough money to choose Zim over a proper job with pay, I really do wonder what you've got between yours ears at times :roll:

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Hami has already said that he is not interested in trying to coax guys back. He mentioned during the Sri Lanka series that he feels we have enough talent at home and if guys want to play abroad, it shows they don't care for Zim and he is not interested in those who play club cricket elsewhere.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:03 am
Mueddie28 wrote:
Hami has already said that he is not interested in trying to coax guys back. He mentioned during the Sri Lanka series that he feels we have enough talent at home and if guys want to play abroad, it shows they don't care for Zim and he is not interested in those who play club cricket elsewhere.
ZC made a mistake in sacking Taibu & Streak...
These guys lured BT & Jarvis back..
I bet if they were still there Cremer would still be playing...
Maybe more guys would have be brought back...
Sad we still have to play with players like Maruma, Mutombodzi etc...
The Indian coach has done anything of note...

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:01 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Mueddie28 wrote:
ZC made a mistake in sacking Taibu & Streak...
These guys lured BT & Jarvis back..
I bet if they were still there Cremer would still be playing...
Maybe more guys would have be brought back...
Sad we still have to play with players like Maruma, Mutombodzi etc...
The Indian coach has done anything of note...
Hami's captaincy stats is enough to proof what he can offer as a director.Being a legend, he played an important role in appointing Chibhabha as Odi Captain that says about his thinking ability, won't be surprised if few more Zimbos opts cricket in other nations in present situation.Taibu & Streak use to work at the grassroot level of the game, Under 19s, Club Cricket & A team matches were given importance in grooming talent. Setting A team matches have now completely dried after their departure.

Googly

Post by Googly »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mueddie28 wrote:
There’s only one reason for this thought process, and that’s because there’s absolutely no pressure to win a single game, we just have to compete slightly above the embarrassing level so we get some income from ICC and everyone seems delighted. People have quickly forgotten that the cockroach behavior has cost us $4m already and now with zero income for ICC the odds of them making more cuts are inevitable.
We have enough talent in Zimbabwe to compete at County Two’s level on a very good day, we were about to be emphatically shown that by Derbyshire and Durham before Corona intervened. After a short English season these teams will all be back next year for their pre-season as they’ll be desperate for game time and if anyone is in doubt we can have another look at where we’re at.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

There's probably a lot of guys overseas who are questioning whether they made the right decision in leaving Zim. You'd be amazed what a bit of sweet talk can do.

This is how we got back BT and Jarvis as a matter of fact. And without naming names I'm quite confident that there's one person out there I know of that is a 30 min sales pitch to coming back to Zim for a test career.

People are conflicted beings.

Hammy is proving to be a dropkick. The Chibhabha thing was so bad it's funny. And I haven't seen anything since.

He's clearly lazy. A good way of telling if someone is lazy is they let themselves become fat and obese (barring a medical condition). This rule applies 4/5 of the time.
Hammy got fat playing international cricket! What's that tell you about his work ethic.

Jokes on him really. He could have been good enough to average 45 in international tests and been an IPL/BPL/Big bash regular and the fourth richest guy in Zim after BobbyM, the croc and the Strive dude.

But he preferred KFC and Netflix.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:57 pm
There's probably a lot of guys overseas who are questioning whether they made the right decision in leaving Zim. You'd be amazed what a bit of sweet talk can do.

This is how we got back BT and Jarvis as a matter of fact. And without naming names I'm quite confident that there's one person out there I know of that is a 30 min sales pitch to coming back to Zim for a test career.

People are conflicted beings.

Hammy is proving to be a dropkick. The Chibhabha thing was so bad it's funny. And I haven't seen anything since.

He's clearly lazy. A good way of telling if someone is lazy is they let themselves become fat and obese (barring a medical condition). This rule applies 4/5 of the time.
Hammy got fat playing international cricket! What's that tell you about his work ethic.

Jokes on him really. He could have been good enough to average 45 in international tests and been an IPL/BPL/Big bash regular and the fourth richest guy in Zim after BobbyM, the croc and the Strive dude.

But he preferred KFC and Netflix.
I reckon Lake might be around in the future

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Give Muyeye; Taylor’s money
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement