Muyeye

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Re: Muyeye

Post by Mueddie28 »

eugene wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:12 pm
We just need to open the game up. Let all the good players go to England, India, or Australia to play domestically. I don't really care, as long as they can still play internationally.
Well do u guys remember Ryan Burl playing overseas was excluded for selection...
When are the ZC Board election again...
Hamilton Masakadza is going to used as a scapegoat if Zimbabwe Cricket continue to struggle....Good for him he is a sellout...

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Dean du Plessis had a podcast with Tawanda Muyeye recently: https://anchor.fm/dean-du-plessis/episo ... eye-ecmsre

He is planning his Engineering degree in England as he continues to play his cricket. And he hasn't ruled out playing Zimbabwe in the future. He had to skip the recent U19 world cup as he was focusing on his studies and it had nothing to do with the England qualification.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Googly wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:54 pm
I’ve just listened to Dean Du Plessis’s talk with Muyeye.
There was a lot of ducking and diving there. :lol:
Time spent on a student visa does not count towards naturalization so I’m not sure why he’d be contemplating going to university? That would imply he’s putting cricket on hold whilst he gets a degree and I find that hard to believe. You can’t take three years out and expect to catch up. Under current regs he can’t even play County Two’s. They’re either incredibly naive or there’s a plan afoot. This is the position Evans found himself in and ECB told Sussex they’d be in trouble if they kept picking him and he went through some years of toil for not a lot of reward. Let’s see how equal everybody is. We’re about to see black privilege first hand....again! :lol:
And there’s the matter of international Uni fees. The Uni doesn’t give scholarships so someone is stumping up fees plus living expenses for 4 years, that’s £100k

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

When Dean said that it was Muyeye’s dream to play for England he shot it down fairly quickly, although he didn’t commit to playing for Zimbabwe he said it was definitely still on the cards.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya but my point is he didn’t ask the pertinent questions, maybe he did beforehand and they decided what was to be aired and what wasn’t.
He needs a county contract first, to establish himself in that team and to do exceptionally well for a sustained period and somewhere in the middle of all of that or prior to it he needs a British Citizenship and if that’s being done through naturalization it’s a long long process and he can’t make any mistakes. And he hasn’t started it yet, it’s 5 years plus a year. Then if he’s lucky and gets some consecutive hundreds when someone else is doing badly he might get a Lions call-up. Then he needs to kill it there when someone in the main side is having a poor run or reaching the end of their career. There are some serious young players coming through as well, the competition is stiff. My money is on Byrom.
Oh and through all of that if he tries to fudge anything there will be smiling people watching and making anonymous calls to the ECB informing them, there are some slippery , two faced people in England.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:29 am
eugene wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:12 pm
We just need to open the game up. Let all the good players go to England, India, or Australia to play domestically. I don't really care, as long as they can still play internationally.
Well do u guys remember Ryan Burl playing overseas was excluded for selection...
When are the ZC Board election again...
Hamilton Masakadza is going to used as a scapegoat if Zimbabwe Cricket continue to struggle....Good for him he is a sellout...
Actually agree. I think Ham will be discarded within 12 months.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:35 am
Ya but my point is he didn’t ask the pertinent questions, maybe he did beforehand and they decided what was to be aired and what wasn’t.
He needs a county contract first, to establish himself in that team and to do exceptionally well for a sustained period and somewhere in the middle of all of that or prior to it he needs a British Citizenship and if that’s being done through naturalization it’s a long long process and he can’t make any mistakes. And he hasn’t started it yet, it’s 5 years plus a year. Then if he’s lucky and gets some consecutive hundreds when someone else is doing badly he might get a Lions call-up. Then he needs to kill it there when someone in the main side is having a poor run or reaching the end of their career. There are some serious young players coming through as well, the competition is stiff. My money is on Byrom.
Oh and through all of that if he tries to fudge anything there will be smiling people watching and making anonymous calls to the ECB informing them, there are some slippery , two faced people in England.
You have said so that they will stand up and take interest and bend rules when you're doing well.
They did for Archer. We playing windows not long ago.

They only make it a hard slog for guys like Welch, talented enough for them to be interested and throw a carrot but not an absolute Tendulkar junior once in ten year talent.
Muyeye is breaking records and has the 'poor black kid come good' feel good story so they may push it through and make it happen.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
there are some slippery , two faced people in England.
Yeah what's with that. The English community where I am are absolute gossip queens and I'm struggling to deal with my every move being noted and discussed by people I don't know. I'm no celeb either.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:05 am
Googly wrote:
there are some slippery , two faced people in England.
Yeah what's with that. The English community where I am are absolute gossip queens and I'm struggling to deal with my every move being noted and discussed by people I don't know. I'm no celeb either.
It’s in the English blood to gossip and bitch

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

What we need is players who are good enough to be picked up by the English system but not good enough to make the English team. By the time they are 24/25 they will consider playing for Zim but would have been fully developed by the English system. That is not a bad result.

ZC know how to do 1 thing, surviving whilst doing the bare minimum. They need those funds to keep their personal interests going so they will also be scratching their heads wondering how they will survive when the current senior players retire. My guess is expect a few of these gifted youngsters to be given bumper contracts and come back home. I wouldn't be surprised in 2 years time to see BT being kicked to the curb and this kid being given his contract. He is clearly special.
Last edited by TapsC2 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.