Draft 4: World Test XI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Posts: 4764
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 am
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Draft 4: World Test XI

Post by foreignfield »

I would much prefer to do this without any statistical shenanigans or competition; just to see who everyone's favourites are.

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4763
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Draft 4: World Test XI

Post by Kriterion_BD »

foreignfield wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:04 am
I would much prefer to do this without any statistical shenanigans or competition; just to see who everyone's favourites are.
OK.

The stats will be a wholly separate thread then.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 8520
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Draft 4: World Test XI

Post by jaybro »

It would be good if there was a decent cricket game available where we could simulate the matches
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1678
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Draft 4: World Test XI

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:49 am
It would be good if there was a decent cricket game available where we could simulate the matches
I've been trying to find one for the last three weeks. If I still had my Xbox, I would have been able to do it on Don Bradman.

Might see how much the game is for PC and can try that option. I had this idea in mind where we could have a few of us create teams by bidding for players and so on and then have a league which is wholly simulated by the game.

Eventually if we have enough guys on the forum, we would have 2 leagues with a promotion and relegation.

We did it on a football forum I was on for a few years and it was heaps of fun.

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 8520
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Draft 4: World Test XI

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:22 am
jaybro wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:49 am
It would be good if there was a decent cricket game available where we could simulate the matches
I've been trying to find one for the last three weeks. If I still had my Xbox, I would have been able to do it on Don Bradman.

Might see how much the game is for PC and can try that option. I had this idea in mind where we could have a few of us create teams by bidding for players and so on and then have a league which is wholly simulated by the game.

Eventually if we have enough guys on the forum, we would have 2 leagues with a promotion and relegation.

We did it on a football forum I was on for a few years and it was heaps of fun.
Sounds better than a vote or some long winded mathematical summary
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1678
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Draft 4: World Test XI

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:01 am
[

Sounds better than a vote or some long winded mathematical summary
Would be quite cool, but I'm not paying 50USD for the game. I would have definitely if i hadn't sold my xbox and had the game.

Am trying to look for other options. Hopefully I can find something.

If i knew how to code and stuff, I'd create my own programme.

foreignfield
Posts: 4764
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 am
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Draft 4: World Test XI

Post by foreignfield »

Do we make everyone bat with matchsticks? :)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _Drive.jpg

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4763
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Draft 4: World Test XI

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:49 am
It would be good if there was a decent cricket game available where we could simulate the matches
I've got a way to simulate the matches!

I also have Don Bradman cricket, but I don't trust a video game simulation.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

User avatar
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator
Posts: 7600
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Draft 4: World Test XI

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:03 pm
jaybro wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:01 am
[

Sounds better than a vote or some long winded mathematical summary
Would be quite cool, but I'm not paying 50USD for the game. I would have definitely if i hadn't sold my xbox and had the game.

Am trying to look for other options. Hopefully I can find something.

If i knew how to code and stuff, I'd create my own programme.
If anyone can think of a set of rules they want programmed, I don't mind putting something together.
Basically imagine, there's a CSV/Excel file with a series of data (like player names, runs, average, stuff like that) which is read by the program ... [something happens] ... it spits out an updated CSV/Excel file.

If anyone has thoughts for the [something happens] part maybe we can bring it to life?

Mueddie28
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Re: Draft 4: World Test XI

Post by Mueddie28 »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:17 pm
zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:03 pm
jaybro wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:01 am
[

Sounds better than a vote or some long winded mathematical summary
Would be quite cool, but I'm not paying 50USD for the game. I would have definitely if i hadn't sold my xbox and had the game.

Am trying to look for other options. Hopefully I can find something.

If i knew how to code and stuff, I'd create my own programme.
If anyone can think of a set of rules they want programmed, I don't mind putting something together.
Basically imagine, there's a CSV/Excel file with a series of data (like player names, runs, average, stuff like that) which is read by the program ... [something happens] ... it spits out an updated CSV/Excel file.

If anyone has thoughts for the [something happens] part maybe we can bring it to life?
BT admin is on the clock on the other draft page

Post Reply