Draft 2: Playoffs

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Draft 2: Playoffs

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:13 pm
eugene wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:44 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:32 pm
This site should have been renamed 'draftcricketforums.com'.

To the point, if it were me, I'd implement a 20 test minimum rule and do something similar in terms of overs bowled/wickets taken and run milestones.

Minimum 3000 runs or some shit like that.

I can imagine a ZIMDOGGY XI:

1. Lou Vincent
2. Herschelle Gibbs
3. Hansie Cronje (c)
4. Mohammad Azharuddin
5. Marlon Samuels
6. Manoj Prabhakar
7. Thami Tsolekile (w)
8. Lonwabo Tsotsobe
9. Danish Kaneria
10. Mohammad Amir
11. Mohammad Asif
Saleem Malik and Chris Cairns wondering why they missed out
Also missing is another ring leader Salman Butt.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Too bad you could never count on these guys to play to their best!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Question for Kriterion

If you select a player to bat at No.6 yet their best numbers are batting at No.5 do you still get their innings at No.5 or just at No.6 ??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:59 am
Question for Kriterion

If you select a player to bat at No.6 yet their best numbers are batting at No.5 do you still get their innings at No.5 or just at No.6 ??
Excellent question. I was originally just going to take the random innings regardless of what number it was at. But I guess to really make it more realistic I will do it at the position you select.

If someone selects a player in a position he's never played, I will just revert back my original plan of taking the random innings no matter what position it was in.

How does that sound?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:26 am
jaybro wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:59 am
Question for Kriterion

Excellent question. I was originally just going to take the random innings regardless of what number it was at. But I guess to really make it more realistic I will do it at the position you select.

If someone selects a player in a position he's never played, I will just revert back my original plan of taking the random innings no matter what position it was in.

How does that sound?
It sounds like a lot of extra traffic for Cricinfo's Statsguru, and opens up the next can of worms because the sample size might again be very small in some cases. What if someone batted all their career at 4 or 5, but happens to average 100 at no. 6 where he only batted two or three times?

Why not keep it simple and stay with the random innings? Everyone seems obsessed with the batters; the same questions and complications could be raised with regard to bowlers: Opening bowlers, fist change, bowling in power-plays, bowling at the death, boring bowling in the boring middle overs ...

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:30 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:40 am

Not sure if the games you fellas have will accomodate the players we’ve chosen ?
It's definitely possible on DB cricket, alas, I do not have it any more. I am trying to find something online that is a little more cost effective. brmt spoke of an idea in the other thread, I'm interested what he could do from a coding standpoint.
Basically, if someone can provide spreadsheet(s) with the raw data for all of the drafted players - I'd just code a script so we (1) specify which team XI's are involved; (2) follow the set of rules that Kriterion_BD ends up deciding on to pick random batting/bowling innings of the participating players from the spreadsheet; (3) do any other calculations Kriterion_BD wants so that we get an innings total for each team

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

What jaybro did there is equivalent to:

1. Showing red rag to a bull
2. Going fishing in troubled waters.
3. Saying "Come on bull, hit me" :)

a.k.a. inviting trouble.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Just take the random innings, ireespective of where they have batted. Otherwise I may as well bat Eoin Morgan at 11 to ensure his overall career performances are taken into account.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:25 pm
Just take the random innings, ireespective of where they have batted. Otherwise I may as well bat Eoin Morgan at 11 to ensure his overall career performances are taken into account.
Fair enough. This is what I had planned on doing originally.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:21 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:30 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:40 am

Not sure if the games you fellas have will accomodate the players we’ve chosen ?
It's definitely possible on DB cricket, alas, I do not have it any more. I am trying to find something online that is a little more cost effective. brmt spoke of an idea in the other thread, I'm interested what he could do from a coding standpoint.
Basically, if someone can provide spreadsheet(s) with the raw data for all of the drafted players - I'd just code a script so we (1) specify which team XI's are involved; (2) follow the set of rules that Kriterion_BD ends up deciding on to pick random batting/bowling innings of the participating players from the spreadsheet; (3) do any other calculations Kriterion_BD wants so that we get an innings total for each team
I've got all the XIs on a spreadsheet already...just need to enter the stats. Its on google drive so if you want to have a look at what I've got so far, DM me your email and I'll add you to the document.