[Simulation 1]: Draft 2 | World ODI Teams (2010-present)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: [Simulation 1]: Draft 2 | World ODI Teams (2010-present)

Post by zimbos_05 »

Now i'm more confused. I thought it was a random innings being taken. Wesley got 87? I'm not upset I lost, just doesn't seem like that scorecard would actually happen.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:40 am
Now i'm more confused. I thought it was a random innings being taken. Wesley got 87? I'm not upset I lost, just doesn't seem like that scorecard would actually happen.
2 random innings being taken...Wesley had scores of 35 and 52 to give him a total of 87. Its not a "real" scorecard in that sense. Its just a combination of 11 players' 2 innings totals/averages.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:00 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:40 am
2 random innings being taken...Wesley had scores of 35 and 52 to give him a total of 87. Its not a "real" scorecard in that sense. Its just a combination of 11 players' 2 innings totals/averages.
well then...what on earth were my players doing. The heart I take I guess is that you took low innings from my players and i still only just lost.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:21 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:45 am
but the point of this excercise is to see who's "favorite" players are the "best".
I also got undone by this; I naively thought everyone was doing so, before some odd selections woke me up to it, by then it was too late indeed.
I went with my favorites too. But since this was a post-2010 draft, I didn't go with players who were clearly past their best by then. Also since this was an ODI draft, I didn't go with players who sucked in this format.

There were so many statistically amazing players that I didn't pick because they weren't among my favorites:
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Ambati Rayudu, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Imam ul-Haq, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammed Amir, Jonathan Trott, Eoin Morgan, Adam Voges, Clint McKay, Shai Hope, Sunil Narine, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, etc.

Virat Kohli and Rashid Khan may not be very popular here, but they're my favorite players currently. I really wanted Shane Bond, Dale Steyn, Kumar Sangakkara and AB de Villiers in my side, but they were picked pretty early into the draft, which wasn't surprising.

I also wanted BT in my team, but he was picked sooner than I expected.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:14 am
eugene wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:03 am
McKay was named Australia's ODI cricketer of the year in 2013.
Must have been the unluckiest man in the world than to go unselected at both the 2011 & 2015 World Cups!

I mean like surely if your the best bowler for a 2-3 year span you’d at the very least be in a 15 man squad?
He was injured in 2011 otherwise he would have been selected. By 2015 he had faded from contention and retired a year later. His international career was short , 5 years, but he was quite effective in that time period. Particularly 2012 and 2013.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

You can make yourself chairman and founder of his fan club; I’m sure there won’t be many others fighting you for it.

I’ll stick to the statistically inferior Dale Steyn & Kagiso Rabada
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Fucking bullshit...rusty knocked me out after I was winning until the very end when Morne Morkel bowled like a fucking beast. SMH. I had him too and fucking Morkel who was always just a bang average bowler IMO.

#3 rusty17
vs
#6 Kriterion_BD

rusty17 (4.871) beats Kriterion_BD (3.460) by 1.401 points

My top order batting was awesome, notching a total of over 2 points. Rusty's batting was poor but his bowlers were unstoppable...almost all the bowlers chipped in. Even Angelo Mathews earned a top score due to miserly bowling even though he didn't pick any wickets. For me, all my frontline bowlers failed to impress, with my bowling being held up single-handedly by the part time off spin of Mosaddek Hossain.
Attachments
rusty vs kriterion.png
rusty vs kriterion.png (402.44 KiB) Viewed 1936 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I'm banking on the Kallis/Jadeja allround duo to get me through to the final. Looks like Jadeja didn't even show up for my game, but I'm backing him in for the semis.

rusty17

Post by rusty17 »

Sorry Kriterion. That is a long tail though

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:02 am
We have thriller on our hands ladies and gents:

#4 brmtaylor.com admin
vs
#5 zimbos_05

brmtaylor.com admin (2.285) beats zimbos_05 (2.208) by 0.077 points

This was a cracker of a match. As I was inputing the data I knew it was going to be close but I had no idea it was this close. Imagine a team scoring 229 in an ODI and restricting the opposition to 221 to win by a mere 8 runs. That is what this is like!
In a display of brilliant fielding, farcical running and wayward bowling seldom seen on a cricket field, brmtaylor.com today comfortably disposed of Zimbos_05 in the alternative simulation stakes:

brmtaylor.com (266-4) beats Zimbos_05 (205 all out in the 39th over)

Scoring was not easy during brmtaylor.com's innings as Zimbo_05's bowlers kept a tight line and length despite lacking penetration. A total of 266 looked well within reach, but none of Zimbo's batsmen managed to even cross 30 in his reply. While a half century of extras boosted Zimbo's score, his batsmen did not do themselves any favours as seven of them were run out (!), brmtaylor.com's bowlers accounting for the other three.
Last edited by foreignfield on Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.