[Simulation 1]: Draft 2 | World ODI Teams (2010-present)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Simulation 1]: Draft 2 | World ODI Teams (2010-present)

Post by eugene »

I always said that ZC should have hired this Bangladeshi to run the show. A homegrown patriot of the soil would have done a far superior job.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

I'll let Kriterion finish this in style, but for my own entertainment I ran a one-innings simulation where brmtaylor.com (280/7) beat me (272 all out) by eight runs due to a double century stand between M. Clarke (105) and S. Smith (98) and a cameo by Dhoni, promoted ahead of Wes to up the run rate. My bowlers lacked penetration and control, Bond and Ngidi going wicketless, Tait the pick of the bowlers with 3/48. In reply, half centuries by Dravid, Misbah, and Shakib got me close, only Cummins posing much threat with the ball (4/56). Oram looked set to take me home when he blitzed Johnson and Hazelwood for 25 runs off 9 balls, but alas, my tail collapsed and with Tait (DNB) either having wandered off to parts unknown or refusing to face his fellow Aussie quicks, I was bowled out with 17 balls remaining.

(Having now done two simulations with only one random innings I must say it feels more real than using two innings.)

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:00 pm
I'll take the win :)
I take it as consolation that Kallis failed with the bat for the second time in a row, and his bowling was crap. ;)