Ryan Higgins and Barney Rogers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMFAN

Ryan Higgins and Barney Rogers

Post by ZIMFAN »

Does anyone know anything about where these two are now? I reallly liked both of them. I know Higgins was playing for HSC last year? I also like Craig Ervine, but read on brmtaylor.com (great website) that he was trying to qualify for counties, any mor einfo would be great...

Thanks

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Ryan Higgins and Barney Rogers

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Hi ZIMFAN, welcome to the forum :)

Craig Ervine is playing for Bexhill in English club cricket. As far as I know, he wants to play county cricket, so I'm not sure where that leaves him as far as Zimbabwe goes. He is still playing for Old Hararians this year, which is promising, but he hasn't been selected for any Zimbabwe A teams for about 3 years. He is highly regarded by ZC - the ZC website talks him and his brother up a lot, which leads me to believe perhaps they want him to stick around...

Barney Rogers, I have no idea. He seems to have disappeared. maehara wrote this a few weeks ago:
maehara wrote:Barney Rogers:
Short answer: don’t know.

Long answer: there’s been nothing I can find to show that Rogers has been playing since he last played for Zimbabwe. When I was putting together the Players page here, I could trace no reference to him playing at any level - although that doesn’t entirely rule out club level, as they don’t always get good internet coverage. brmtaylor.com has a list of everyone who’s been listed as playing in Zimbabwean club cricket this season, and he’s not listed there either - so my guess would be that he’s not currently playing.
Ryan Higgins plays for Winsley in England. He topped the averages, with a batting average of 62.40. I think he has a brother, Dylan Higgins, who is playing club cricket in Zimbabwe (although I haven't seen any official word that this is true, just a feeling).
http://winsley.play-cricket.com/home/home.asp

Hope that answers your questions :)

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the detailed reply. It is great here! Sorry to be a pest but one more player I was wondering about Panyangara, do you know what happened to him?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

ZIMFAN wrote:Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the detailed reply. It is great here! Sorry to be a pest but one more player I was wondering about Panyangara, do you know what happened to him?
The last I heard about Tinashe Panyangara was that he applied to be part of an Indian academy/skills session which was conducted by a former Australian bowler (can't remember who). I think he also said that he wanted to make a return to the Zimbabwe side, but had to get back to speed after a long layoff due to injury.

Edit: An update, he played for Barkisland CC in 2007.
We are a club that is always looking to improve both on the field and behind the scenes. Last year, we were honoured to have the services of former Zimbabwe international Tinashe Panyangara and in 2008 we hope to again secure a professional of high quality.
http://barkislandcricketclub.co.uk/1.html

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Kopje »

Ryan did well at age group level

Cribbage

Post by Cribbage »

Barney Rogers does live in Zimbabwe - if Facebook is to be believed, that is. :P

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

It is surprising how many current and ex-Zimbabwe cricketers are on Facebook. I think they even have their own group. I have always thought it would be nice to create a group for both fans and players alike. There seem to be separate groups for both at the moment.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zulu

Post by zulu »

yep there are a few players from the national team that are on facebook like sibanda,Brent and Rainsford