Series Thread: Logan Cup 'A' Division

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
aydee

Re: Series Thread: Logan Cup 'A' Division

Post by aydee »

This is the first round of this season's competition where the standard of play has really come into question. Southerns and Centrals seem to have pretty weak batting line ups... Gary Brent is a solid bowler, and one of the best that Zim has at the moment. However, he doesn't really seem capable of bowling a side out for 42...

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

aydee wrote:Gary Brent is a solid bowler, and one of the best that Zim has at the moment. However, he doesn't really seem capable of bowling a side out for 42...
True, and by the way where is Ed Rainsford? Is he playing for any of the teams? If he is, he must be steamrolling the opposition and staking claim for the national squad call-up. But there is no news of any noteworthy performances from him...

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Rainsford played for centrals in their first match and took a few wickets. havent seen the scorecard for the latest match though so cant tell if he's playing. According to cricinfo both rainsford and duffin were offered a B contract around september time last year so i believe they are contracted players. Duffin hasnt turned out for southerns this year though. I suppose all these talks of contracts didnt stop anthony ireland leaving mind :?

ahmed

Post by ahmed »

Why is Keegan Meth not playing for a team in the Logan Cup?

andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by andy24 »

just with the last couple of results. i wonder if it would been beter to have 4 teams instead of 5

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I think that keegan meth is playing club cricket in ireland as he did last year

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

jimbo wrote:I think that keegan meth is playing club cricket in ireland as he did last year
Yup. From last week's club matches:

A hard fought game saw Phoenix emerge winners by just 3 wickets over Old Belvedere. Batting first Belvedere were soon in trouble against the lively pace of Keegan Meth, the 19 year old who has played 5 ODI's for Zimbabwe. He removed Quinlan, Price, and Boland in quick succession, and at that stage an early finish looked on the cards.

Hopefully he's not planning to follow Ryan Ervine's lead as far as playing for Ireland is concerned...

ahmed

Post by ahmed »

What has happened to Piet Rinke?

aydee

Post by aydee »

jimbo wrote:I think that keegan meth is playing club cricket in ireland as he did last year
What is ZC's attitude towards players doing this now?? I assume Meth isn't centrally contracted, so there isn't a lot that they can do to stop him. But he was in the selectors thoughts fairly recently, as he did play a few games for the Provinces. Ideally, ZC need to organise the domestic cricket so that it doesn't clash with the British season, although that was impossible thanks to the games in SA this year. The domestic game really needs poeple like Meth, Duffin, Rinke, Butterworth etc. who still play in Zimbabwe to compete. It raises standards, gives them the opportunity to stake a claim for a place in the national team & lends greater credability to the system and the performances of others in the competition.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Duffin is playing in England at the moment. He made a half century for his club Winsley last week.
Piet Rinke is playing for Scarborough in England.
Ryan Butterworth is playing in the Devon league.

It's a shame, these guys should be playing in the Logan Cup, raising the standards of the competition. ZC need to lure them back somehow.