Series Thread: Logan Cup 'A' Division

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Series Thread: Logan Cup 'A' Division

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Taibu who is in India not playing cricket
Yes, this is very big loss for both budding Zimbabwean cricketers, who would have gained a lot by interacting with him, and Taibu himself. Nobody is gaining anything, and I don't see Taibu getting a game for Kolkata.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Well, Taibu's gaining a healthy paycheck. Can't see sitting in the pavilion doing anything to help his playing, though.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

aydee wrote:I don't know anything about Tafafdzwa Ngulube. Fair play to him, the only century of the first round in a low scoring game, and still a teenager.
From late 2007:
Tafadzwa Ngulube
Teams: Bulawayo Athletic Club
A wicket-keeper batsman, his career highlight would be being selected for Matabeleland in the 2006 Faithwear Cup. In 2007, he played club cricket for Bulawayo Athletic Club in the National League.
So he is a relative unknown as you say. He's considered to be one of the up and coming batsmen for Westerns, and with Coventry gone (??) is basically an automatic selection as the first choice wicket keeper - as he was for BAC. A century on his First Class debut is certainly promising, and he seems to be one to keep an eye on.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Having price back will definetly help a lot of the budding young zimbo bowlers who can learn a lot from the man!! Also we have Brent and duffin playing for southerns who have not yet played!! There are a few classy players about still..To have novices playing against novices makes no sense to me so its good to have some of the Big players still playing in the logan cup

zulu

Post by zulu »

The standards from what i can see look a little better this year with Price and most of the national side playing I think this is going to be a good contest as the sides look fairly evenly matched. it will also be interesting to see if any up and coming players shine and give themselves a chance in the national side. I just hope ZC release the scorecards for the matches :lol: .... theres no chance!

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

ZC HAVE released the scorecards and they are on the cricinfo page under logan cup

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

jimbo wrote:ZC HAVE released the scorecards and they are on the cricinfo page under logan cup
There's hope for them yet. :)

I was expecting them to turn up this time after the T20 cards were made available fairly quickly. Glad to see they didn't take too long to appear...

zulu

Post by zulu »

Its interesting that the 2 teams that were in the finals of last years logan cup (Easterns and westerns) have been beaten in their first games. i think this years is going to be an interesting tournment and i predict Northerns to win it.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

Northerns v Westerns, Day One
Northerns 234/2 (Tichana 85*, Chigumbura 93*; Mpofu 1/39, Nyumbu 1/41)
Westerns yet to bat.

andy24

Post by andy24 »

where did you get the score from i cant find it anywhere