Series Thread: Logan Cup 'A' Division

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
aydee

Re: Series Thread: Logan Cup 'A' Division

Post by aydee »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
It's a shame, these guys should be playing in the Logan Cup, raising the standards of the competition. ZC need to lure them back somehow.
True, but another problem is if ZC deliberately sidelines these players because they have opted out of the Logan Cup. Zim is not in a position to be able to do that... If these guys are fit and in form when Zim next have a game, then I would like to think that they will come into consideration, not be excluded when they havn't actually walked away from Zimbabwe & retired like so many others.

andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by andy24 »

there is an article on ZIm saying that northerns are 308 for 2. Century to I.Senzere.
i dont no bout any of use but does the article look like it is all stuffed up or not right. especially the bit on the end

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Logan Cup enters fourth round

Northerns – 308 for 2:
(I.Senzere 131, A. Tichana 66, B. Taylor 55*, E. Chigumbura 35*; M. Waller 1/36)
Stumps: day one of four-day match.
The fourth round of the country’s premier cricket competition started on Saturday, with matches in Kwekwe and Bulawayo.

At the Kwekwe Sports Club, Centrals won the toss and decided to send the visitors in. Going into the second day of the four-day competition on Sunday, Eric Chauluka and his team-mates were wishing they had decided to bat instead as Northerns were resuming on 308 for two.

The total came off 95 overs, with opener Ishmael Senzere contributing 131 runs from 265 balls, 11 of which were fours and two sixes. His 318 minutes of occupation came to an end when Malcolm Waller had him caught by Remembrance Nyathi. The former Zimbabwe under-19 player finished with figures of one for 36 in 11 overs, one of which was maiden.

Nyathi was involved in the only other dismissal of the day when he threw to Innocent Chikunya to run out Alois Tichana. The Northerns opener, who has created a reputation for patience and endurance befitting a player of the longer version, made 66 runs off 207 balls. He hit seven fours and one six.

Northerns will resume batting at 1000 hours local time on Sunday, with Zimbabwe top-order batsman Brendan Taylor on 55 and fellow international Elton Chigumbura on 35.

At the Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo, Southerns will be aiming to take advantage of the day one play and establish, on day two, a first innings lead to put themselves in a commanding position against an under-performing Westerns.

The visitors won the toss and elected to bowl. They dismissed Westerns for 192 runs. Bradley Staddon was the top-scorer for Westerns with 48 runs. Freedom Tarusenga added 34 and Mbekezeli Mabuza 25.

MY NAME IS CHIDO A V MBANGA. I AM IN GRADE 4. I LIKE TO SPEND TIME WITH MY FAMILY .I LIKE TO SWIM ,SING ,RUN,JOG ,SPIN I LOVE ICE CREAM . I AM EIGTH YEAR`S .MY SISTER IS THIRTEEN YEAR`S OID .ON THE 29TH OF JANAUY IS MY MOM`S BIRTHDAY .ON THE
Okay :? Looks like the article writer had more than he expected on his copy/paste :P

Logan Cup
Centrals vs Northerns
Stumps Day 1
Nthns (2/308, I Senzere 131, A Tichana 66, B Taylor 55*, E Chigumbura 35*, M Waller 1/36,

Logan Cup
Westerns vs Southerns
Stumps Day 1
Wstns (10/192, B Staddon 48, F Takarusenga 34, M Mabuza 25)

andy24

Post by andy24 »

one player i have been interested in the logan cup is S. Masakadza. to be honest i thought during the 20/20 wasn't good enough. But in the logan cup he has proven he is very worthy. I wonder how fast he bowls though. :)

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

Scores at close of Day Two:
Northerns 493/7 decl (Taylor 150*, Chinouya 2/67), Centrals 114/6 (Waller 27)
Westerns 192 (Staddon 48, Chibhabha 4/25), Southerns 212/6 (Mutumbami 64, Ntuli 2/38)

Looks like Northerns are going to claim the title this year, unless they really mess up from here...

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

Howdy again guys, as you might have noticed i havnt been around for a good while, internet has really been the last of anyones issues as we currently stand! So when it decides to die, it really does die for an age and a half.

I watched day 1 at Bulawayo and it was good to see some good cricket, i was suprised but staddon looks a top player, and everytime i see his i am more impressed. He's a good mate of a guy i work with and apparantly he isnt even in the radar in terms of possible A team selection for zimbabwe. Also it was unreal at the scoring rate of some of these zimbabwean players.

Staddon scored at a rate of 60 something which is good for a 4 dayer, but everyone else was in the 20-30's which for the quality of bowling on offer was pretty poor. Scoring 192 from 80 odds overs isnt really accpetable, and id also like to add that these teams are very bias, Northerns will walk this logan cup.

However, there are the good performances from all who'd you expect, the rest however are just making up the numbers. I might even try the upgrade in standard, i feel i could knock some of these players around the park for a few, and im not even near good!

andy24

Post by andy24 »

good to see each game there are some really big scores. which goes to show that the players are getting used to the 4 day matches.
Maybe at the end they should have a Zimbabwe vs Northerns match

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Innocent Chinyoka is back

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Yes, the person who allegedly stole a team mates car in Kwekwe a few years back! On a more positive note, he last represented Zimbabwe at any meaningful level (other than Kadoma earlier this year) against in 2005 for Zimbabwe Under 23's against Boland. He has a decent one-day record (18 wickets from 14 games at 21.22). If he can concentrate on his cricket only, then his return can only be good for Zimbabwe - he's 25 and has been playing in the Logan Cup for nearly 7 years.

Matthew Williams made his Logan Cup return this week, but was out for a first ball duck.

zimdan was spot on, with the exception of Brad Staddon the strike rates were pathetic. Staddon (63) and Ntuli (who is a decent enough batsman, he opened for his side during some friendly matches a few weeks ago, 58) were the only ones scoring at any decent rate. Speaking of Khawulani Ntuli, this is his First Class debut, and he's already taken 2 wickets for 38, including that of Chamu Chibhabha. If you read this zimdan, maybe you can describe how he looks as a bowler? Word is that he is quicker than Mpofu.

Freedom Takarusenga has recorded his highest First Class score to date, with a first innings 34, the only score of note besides Staddon's 48.

What else... Brian Vitori (who has had his name changed to Brian Vittori by Cricinfo) took a wicket. He looks promising, with 5 wickets at 24 apiece this year.

At this rate, the game looks headed towards a draw. The rate of scoring is ridiculous... about 2 an over for both sides. I look forward to Westerns second innings in particular, realistically Takarusenga, Staddon and Williams should be making half centuries each.

andy24

Post by andy24 »

its good to see Zimcricket has got scorecard up Southerns western match. But ZImdan is right the strike rate is rediclous