Is this not the perfect time to start over?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Is this not the perfect time to start over?

Post by zimbos_05 »

I think every forum has it's fair share of flinging insults. This one has it more when there is something going on. When nothing is happening and there is silence, the usual disrupters disappear.

On a side note, congrats to Raza for winning the CPL. He didn't get much of a bat, but bowled really well in most of the games he played. Would have been good for him to play alongside the likes of Simmons, Pollard, Narine, and I'm sure he would have taken the opportunity to catch up with Andy who was coaching St Lucia who they beat in the final.

I know international cricket is a bit hard to come by. This would have been the perfect opportunity for ZC to create a player bubble, a youtube channel and put on some domestic T20 competition or something like that. Most other nations seem to be playing some form of cricket or doing something.

On a side side note, wonder if ICC will be as harsh on SA as they were on us.

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

The last I heard, cricket is one of the sports not permitted to be played in this country by the government under lockdown rules.

As for South Africa and the ICC, South Africa would be considered much more of a loss to world cricket than Zimbabwe, so I am expecting the law of expediency to come into effect, and the ICC to be a lot more cautious in suspending South Africa and inflicting on them the same appalling damage that they inflicted on Zimbabwe.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Yea I believe the government have stepped in...How on earth is this any different from what happened last year!?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

CSA’s debt is also huge. The only difference is that they are a decent team. History really is repeating itself looking at what happened to us. If their performance’s dip they will be in trouble but for now they are safe. They have to fix it ASAP

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ICC would most likely be more lenient to CSA as they stand to lose more from them than if ZC went away. Knowing the ICC too, they will probably just not be consistent and apply the rules to suit them as they see fit.