Where is sibanda and sean williams?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimbo

Where is sibanda and sean williams?

Post by jimbo »

ObviouslySibanda might well be playing for southerns though i havent yet seen there scorecard. Has he jumped ship? Also where is sean williams? Isnt he a westerns player. Havent yet seen him in action as of yet. Does anyone know if he's jumped ship or is he carrying an injury

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Where is sibanda and sean williams?

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Both Sean and Matthew Williams are in the Westerns squad, but neither played on the weekend. Not sure who Vusi is playing for.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Havent heard much of duffin recently either. I think though williams and sibanda would be a big loss to the national team.. Duffin is a good four day player who can grind down an attack trevor gripper style..Perhaps i am being a bit premature. Its just it woudnt be the first time that williams and sibanda had left to play club cricket

zulu

Post by zulu »

i reckon these 2 players are probably playing club cricket sibanda probably in australia and williams in england, now if they are ZC cant really do anything to their contracts because they are 2 very important players Sibanda IMO has the best batting technique in the side and williams probably along with taibu is the best batsman in the side, it would just be to big a blow to the team if they were to be banned from the national side. Imagine a side without taibu, williams and sibanda we wouldnt be competitive at all.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I dont mean to sound rude but they cant just choose when to play games for zimbabwe. Sibanda didnt play the logan cup last year as he was playing in australia. Sibanda didnt go to the champions trophy either or bangladesh when zim played them in 2006. I know that ZC have had a lot of stick for various things but to be honest Zimbabwe cricket invested in Sibanda when he was consistently failing for the national side.. I think before the west indies matches in the carrabean he was averaging 12 or something.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Don't forget that both Sean and Vusi missed a number of matches recently due to injury, it may well be that they are simply not fit enough yet to play. I see that Gary Brent has made a comeback after his injury though, which is good news.

ahmed

Post by ahmed »

Sean Williams is injured thats why he is not playing. i dont know about Sibanda

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

ahmed wrote:Sean Williams is injured thats why he is not playing. i dont know about Sibanda
Thanks for the update ahmed. Welcome to the forum :)

ahmed

Post by ahmed »

Sibanda is injured as well, I emailed Zimcricket.org and asked them.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

ahmed wrote:Sibanda is injured as well, I emailed Zimcricket.org and asked them.
And they actually answered!? Nearly five years of running a website about Zimbabwean cricket, and I don't think they've ever answered an email from me...