Zimbabwe Tour Of Pakistan 2020 [ 3 Odis & 3 T20s ] : Pre Series Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Zimbabwe Tour Of Pakistan 2020 [ 3 Odis & 3 T20s ] : Pre Series Discussion

Post by Stoneman Returns »

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/114 ... ning-squad

Training squad:

Faraz Akram, Ryan Burl, Regis Chakabva, Brian Chari, Tendai Chatara, Chamu Chibhabha, Elton Chigumbura, Tendai Chisoro, Craig Ervine, Kyle Jarvis, Luke Jongwe, Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Wesley Madhevere, Timycen Maruma, Wellington Masakadza, Brandon Mavuta, Peter Moor, Carl Mumba, Richmond Mutumbami, Richard Ngarava, Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Brendan Taylor, Donald Tiripano, Sean Williams.

Venue :

3T20Is : Rawalpindi

3 ODIs [ ICC Super League ] : Multan
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-09-26-08-32-28_1.jpg
Screenshot_2020-09-26-08-32-28_1.jpg (86.73 KiB) Viewed 2737 times
Last edited by Stoneman Returns on Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Tour Of Pakistan 2020 [ 3 Odis & 3 T20s ] : Pre Series Discussion

Post by sloandog »

No Murray, no Musakanda...seriously what the fuck is going on here?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

And how am I still seeing Chigumbura’s name still in there, almost 17 years after his bloody debut!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Blessing Muzarabani will also be available for this tour according to Meluhli Sibanda

Tari obviously still has to to some grovelling after he chose club Cricket in Oz over a domestic season, we know how ZC like their players to do the hard yards before returning. Chisoro seems to have finally done enough hard yards as he's back in the reckoning.

What happened to Maruma's rape case?? Has he beaten it or still awaiting trial??

The Winners

Luke Jongwe; back in national selection considerations for the first time since 2016

Peter Moor; harshly dropped from the Test side, surprisingly picked for a limited overs squad, normally how things go for ZIm players

Richard Ngarava; Hard to see how he has jumped ahead of Mpofu & Tshuma? Possibly the Harare influence over the Bulawayo boys coming into effect.

Tendai Chisoro; after serving his penance he has rightly taken his place back in the squad considering he is the best spinner in the land

The Losers

Ainsley Ndlovu; after a couple of matches in each format it looks like the selectors have seen enough of Ndlovu, he's been overtaken by both Chisoro & Wellington.

Neville Madziva; can't help but feel bad for Madziva after a decent all-round showing for the Rhinos he has been left out for Elton Chigumbura who doesn't even bowl

Brian Mudzinganyama; hard hitting opening batsman who looks a player for the future, seemingly left out for a couple of yesterdays heros

Charlton Thsuma; showed some signs of potential in Bangladesh, seems to have lost his place to Ngarava

Ryan Murray; still not selection for Murray due to him not playing in the Logan Cup, hard to swallow when Regis & Mutumbami are the only other options

New Blood

Wes Madhevere; obviously already played for the national side, can't wait to watch him bat again for Zim

Milton Shumba; one of only two uncapped players in the squad Shumba brings lots of potential to the side in all three areas of the game

Faraz Akram; surprised he's in the squad but he has been a decent performer for the Eagles

Blessing Muzarabani; it will be very interesting to see how Blessing goes after his County stint, loads of potential based purely off his physical stature

Brendon Mavuta; another who has played before, but it's good to see him back in consideration after a stint in the wilderness

Hami's mates

Chamu; the most uninspiring captain Zimbabwe has ever had, this includes Terry Duffin.

Elton; Hami's best mate so he gets an automatic spot in the squad, I just hope he isn't given another free holiday on ZC's pay roll

Tymcen Maruma; despite the alleged criminal case against him he's been selected, also no runs in his international career to date

Wellington; I'm surprised Shingi hasn't been given a spot as well, nepotism at it's best

Regis; honestly how many times can a guy prove he's not good enough? His limited overs career is an embarrassment
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Just bored of seeing the same old faces.
I’d love to see Liam Roche. I know, wishful thinking, but I just think he can offer so much with both bat and ball in the subcontinent.

I find it embarrassing that Tari is being ignored. In terms of talent he’s one of the best we have.

Anybody know if Lake is ever going to return? He’d slip nicely into a Zimbabwe middle order

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Maruma is there. What ever happened to his rape case?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:32 am

Hami's mates

Chamu; the most uninspiring captain Zimbabwe has ever had, this includes Terry Duffin.

Elton; Hami's best mate so he gets an automatic spot in the squad, I just hope he isn't given another free holiday on ZC's pay roll

Tymcen Maruma; despite the alleged criminal case against him he's been selected, also no runs in his international career to date

Wellington; I'm surprised Shingi hasn't been given a spot as well, nepotism at it's best

Regis; honestly how many times can a guy prove he's not good enough? His limited overs career is an embarrassment
And herein lies the problem. We talk of regenerating the side, but that doesn't happen because any regeneration will come at the expense of the players who should still be in the side whilst these guys continue. Any other nation would have cut all these guys years ago, let alone make one of them the captain.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The only reason I can see them picking Elton is because he did really well in Pakistan last time but that was 5 years ago. Without much playing time this year they might think experience will count. These matches have meaning, even sneaking in 1 win might make a difference. Still they shouldn’t be picked in my opinion.

I’m surprised Murray is missing, maybe he had school commitments but I’m sure he is in their plans.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

What are the conditions in Pakistan like?

Chamu (automatic pick since Hami made him captain)
BT(wk)
Ervine
Williams
Burl
Wes
Raza
Shumba
Jarvis
Blessing
Chatara

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:17 am
What are the conditions in Pakistan like?

Chamu (automatic pick since Hami made him captain)
BT(wk)
Ervine
Williams
Burl
Wes
Raza
Shumba
Jarvis
Blessing
Chatara
Good for batting IIRC? Definitely was good for batting in 2015 when Zim toured.

Don’t mind that side; lots of bowling options, Kamunhukamwe & Chisoro would also have to be close to selection
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement