National Premier League 2020 ( NPL )

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: NPL Fixtures 7th October

Post by sloandog »

Evans and Diplock are two blokes to be given a FC shot for sure, although I understand the latter isn’t interested anymore and is looking to head abroad. Serious swing bowler who could have developed into a very good ODI bowler for Zimbabwe.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

2020 u19 player Ebrahim ahomed added to the great zimbabwe patriotics squad

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

any most runs/most wickets tables?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

andrewn9

Post by andrewn9 »

You can check the Zimcricket twitter feed for those tables: https://mobile.twitter.com/ZimCricketv

jward

Post by jward »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:09 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:31 am
L.S wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:54 am

Diplock looked quite troubling for batsmen, and had Kasuza on zero, but didn’t walk and proceeded to have a very unlucky day with boundaries flying off numerous edges.
I'm curious about this. When we were being coached we were always told to be fair and honest in the game. Our coaches were always like, "us Zimbabweans may not be the best side, but we will always work hard and play fair"

I'm interested what the others thoughts are on this. Is perhaps what happened to us in the U19 WC a point where we thought we need to be more ruthless and less the nice guys.
Black zimbabweans dont have a good rep for honesty to be frank.
Tino Mawoyo was one batsman who could always be trusted to walk when he knew he was out, and played the game in the fairest possible way. Sadly he has just retired.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I don't care if they walk or not, I doubt the bowler or keeper will recall them if they get caught off their shoulder or helmet #playon

Diplock has been near or there abouts on the club scene for a while, his card is crossed I doubt he will ever play Logan Cup
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

L.S wrote:
I watched the Easterns v Kings game. Takeaways:

The Kings batsmen tossed it off in a big way. Almost all of them just threw their wickets away, despite an average looking attack. The Tinashe boy who took 4 wickets looked the only real good bowler.

On the bowling, Evans looks quite sharp and looks tough to get away. He seems to have a lot of confidence in himself and I’ll watch for him.

Diplock looked quite troubling for batsmen, and had Kasuza on zero, but didn’t walk and proceeded to have a very unlucky day with boundaries flying off numerous edges.

Munyoro was injured before he bowled a ball in the outfield.

Kevin Kasuza ended up winning Easterns the game with some solid batting apart from his little show of poor sportsmanship at the beginning, which the Kings didn’t appreciate. There was a big crowd in and was a good vibe all round.
Thanks for the insight mate cheers
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:16 am
Diplock has been near or there abouts on the club scene for a while, his card is crossed I doubt he will ever play Logan Cup
Diplock seems to be Ryan Butterworth, but at the club scene...

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

L.S wrote:
I watched the Easterns v Kings game. Takeaways:

The Kings batsmen tossed it off in a big way. Almost all of them just threw their wickets away, despite an average looking attack. The Tinashe boy who took 4 wickets looked the only real good bowler.

On the bowling, Evans looks quite sharp and looks tough to get away. He seems to have a lot of confidence in himself and I’ll watch for him.

Munyoro was injured before he bowled a ball in the outfield.

Kevin Kasuza ended up winning Easterns the game with some solid batting apart from his little show of poor sportsmanship at the beginning, which the Kings didn’t appreciate. There was a big crowd in and was a good vibe all round.
Yup, thanks for those insights. Looks like we can start getting excited about Tinashe Muchawaya...

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Yea Diplock has no chance. He’s better than most bowlers in Zimbabwe right now, let alone when he was much fast 5 years ago. Frustrating really because he wanted it, he was willing to grind his way through to the national side, but Timoni never gave him a chance