[ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 1 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 1 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by grant »

This is just sad to watch now.

tgk

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 1 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by tgk »

God damn it. 36 to win off 10. How have they thrown an easy win away...no ability to slog :( :(

tgk

Post by tgk »

9 down. Game over. As Thanos said, "Dread it. Run from it. The Zimbabwe batting collapse still arrives all the same."

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Kind of saw this happening but the collapse came a bit later today because of Wes.

1- The game was lost because we conceded 90 runs in the last 10. What on earth is Hondo teaching these guys? No death bowling technique at all. Chatara for Mumba for me on Sunday

2- Chari again is a waste of space. I really don’t know what they see in him but he has to go. I don’t think Kamunhukamwe or Burl have the technique to handle Afridi so what I would do would be to shift Wes uptop and bring in either Burl or Elton or Shumba to the middle order.

3- Wes is a star. The crazy thing is that he is not the best batsman from his age group. Shumba is just about the same level if not slightly lower than him and Myers is better. Hopefully Myers gives it a go at least for a year.

4- I was a bit worried about BT because his body language has been a bit off for a while but it’s good to see him back and being the star. Ervine played well too. Hopefully Williams and Raza step up next game.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

they have Wahab and Shaheen and we have Ngarava and Mumba...

We need Chatara and Jarvis

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I don’t think we are that far off from being a competitive unit at full strength now (Jarvis and Chatara mainly). 1 more overseas import (Ballance is the dream) and I think we can compete

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Not a disaster. I don't even think we had a collapse as such, we had some very strong partnerships and the tailenders were just swinging wildly in hope at the end.

We knew it in Bangladesh, but today confirmed it. Madhevere is the real deal - this guy is the future of Zimbabwe cricket.
Taylor showed yet again what a class act he is.
What we desperately lack is someone who is a match-winning bowler - maybe in time Muzarabani can be that person, certainly the time in England will have helped. But we don't have those 140+ bowlers (like Shaheen) who can just clean up a tail and consistently cause problems to the opposition batsmen.

That was a pretty entertaining game in the end, shame about the last few overs but no shame in today's effort.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

The deat bowliong was the differenve between the two teams here.
Pakistan bowled like an average team and we bowled like a club team panicking.

Need a new bowling coach. Hondo can not teach thse guys any more than he has already the last 4/5 years.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Zimbabwe played really well and should aim to win one of the next two games. Shaheen and Wahab are world class bowlers, they are very difficult to get away, no shame Zimbos, played really well.

Zimbabwe need to improve their death bowling, Jarvis will be a welcome addition to partner Blessing, not very convinced about Mumba, Tiripano is a better option, he can hit it big too.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I don't think Tiripano is the answer. I don't mind him for Tests because he can kind of tie up an end and his batting gives us great depth in the post-Cremer era, but he's a 0/60 type ODI bowler.

What Madhevere has shown is we need to keep blooding really young players. I want to see some 19/20yo fast bowlers introduced who have a bit of X-factor (like when we debuted Vitori in 2011).
3- Wes is a star. The crazy thing is that he is not the best batsman from his age group. Shumba is just about the same level if not slightly lower than him and Myers is better. Hopefully Myers gives it a go at least for a year.
I agree with this. Chari is a nonsense selection, just like Maruma always is. Get Shumba in for the next game and leave him there... Madhevere and Shumba could be the backbone of the side for the next 15 years.

The only thing I don't agree with is putting Madhevere up the order yet. He's scoring plenty of runs in the middle order so I think that's where he should stay for now. I think Chibhabha/Raza might be a better opening pair, followed by Ervine/Taylor/Williams/Madhevere/Shumba. Chatara in for Mumba.