[ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 2 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 2 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by sloandog »

Evans at least has something about him, a bit of a nasty streak when he bowls.
He's probably no quicker than Ngarava but at least he's tall and runs in hard.
Who's the young lad from the rangers who had some pace?

Googly

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 2 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by Googly »

So the shopping list is a 140 opener, preferably two.
Two world class opening batsmen and a world class spinner, preferably a leggie.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Oh and a Buttleresque finisher

Googly

Post by Googly »

And a captain that leads from the front.
We need 6 new players. :lol:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I'd be happy with an opener who averages more than 25, never mind world class :lol:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I've said it a million and one times, Ryan Burl should be opening the batting in this side. He's a classy left hander who's being used as a lower order slogger, and a few over of leg spin. He should be up top, opening the batting

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

What ever you say about Chisoro, the bloke takes wickets. That's four now in this series. I wouldn't hesitate in opening with him, looks more threatening than all of our seamers bar Ngarava

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Wow they gave that out

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

That's unbelievable, you can see the deflection from the glove! Pakistan robbed on that one. We'll take it though, normally we are on the receiving end of these technology fails (like the SL Test stumping in 2017)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya I rate Chisoro, solid bowler.
Burl will eventually get a shot at opening at some point i would think, more by default because our existing ones are not likely to fire. He'll need some luck and to have a good innings from the get go because he won't be given much latitude.
I think they'll try Shumba before Burl.
Two u19's coming through, a century from BT, a 50 from Wes and ZC will consider the tour an emphatic victory. There will be some mutual back slapping from their ICC partners in crime, some shopping for the hierarchy, a nice holiday in the fancy hotel, maybe a sample of the local wares and life is good.